PDA

View Full Version : UNATTENDED RC GEAR STOLEN AT MEETING

crtpromachine
06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Just a warning to all the guys/gals out there

THIS IS FROM 1 GUTTED DRIVER

Unfortunately my Brand New X2-CR and starting equipment was stolen off my pit table while I was pitting for the Truggy "B" Final at DRT Summer series RND 1, would appreciate if everyone could keep an eye out for it as it had only been run for 30min in the qualifiers, if you could PM me with any info I would greatly appreciate it as you could probably see by the spec this was quite an expensive loss:

The shell was purple and pink with chrome stars and a plain white wing

Car Description:
Chassis - Hong Nor X2-CR with DE skid blocks front and rear
Engine - RB WS7T (LG2 Head) with RB 3001 Pipe
Radio - Futaba 2.4ghz fsst with LRP VTEC 2300 Lipo and Tornado Regulator (Still have transmitter)
Servos - 2 x Ace DS1015
Personal Transponder - 7232150
Tyres - AKA Gridirons on Yellow Proline V2 Rims

Loads of titanium screws and Kingheadz options, ultra racing rear toe block silver 3.5 degrees, Kyosho fuel filter and blue Kyosho fuel tubing.

Starting Equipment:
Black Pit Buddy carrying tray (Front section held together with tape)
Starter Box - Blue SMD with 2 x Vapex 7.2v 4600MAH Battery
Fuel Bottle, couple of huddy drivers and glow plug spanner / wheel wrench

Thanks for everyone’s support, kind donations and those people who gave chase and managed to inflict some damage on the Blue R reg Peugeot 406 as it got away, hopefully this doesn't reflect badly on DRT as a venue or RC racers in general as I've always found everyone at DRT and in the sport to be really friendly and very helpful and I can only assume that this was just opportunist thieving scum who probably don't have a clue what they have nicked and may try to sell on for peanuts compared to what it’s worth.

I wasn't the only victim it may help if anybody else who lost stuff could list a description of what they lost.

I will be posting this on a few other forums but feel free to copy this to anywhere you think it might help.

crtpromachine

stegger
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Gutted for yeh mate, if caught the b4stards need there f'ing hands cutting off :mad:

swayze08
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
thats f**ked up soz to hear that

Gonky
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
sorry to here that... i agree that some limbs should be removed if caught! :mad:

I'll keep an eye out to see if they try to sell for some quick cash!

boultspeed
06-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear this mate

just posted it on 3 hobby for you , hope this helps

Paul

Lee
06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
So sorry to hear this, i know how you feel.

I was so angry when my stuff was taken. I hope you do get it back because i doubt you can claim for it.

I found everyone on here to be very helpful, oople is a great community!

Tom3012
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Thats really bad, i feel for you mate, can only imagine how gutted you are, Ill try keep an eye out for you on other forums etc.

I cant write what i think about the people who stole it :mad:

Bungleaio
06-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Gutted for you mate, did you get the reg of the 406?

Kecky
06-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Thieving scum :mad:

Hope you get your gear back ;)

mikeyscott
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
B@stards...

Can you get RC insurance?

bert digler
06-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Just a warning to all the guys/gals out there

THIS IS FROM 1 GUTTED DRIVER

Unfortunately my Brand New X2-CR and starting equipment was stolen off my pit table while I was pitting for the Truggy "B" Final at DRT Summer series RND 1, would appreciate if everyone could keep an eye out for it as it had only been run for 30min in the qualifiers, if you could PM me with any info I would greatly appreciate it as you could probably see by the spec this was quite an expensive loss:

The shell was purple and pink with chrome stars and a plain white wing

Car Description:
Chassis - Hong Nor X2-CR with DE skid blocks front and rear
Engine - RB WS7T (LG2 Head) with RB 3001 Pipe
Radio - Futaba 2.4ghz fsst with LRP VTEC 2300 Lipo and Tornado Regulator (Still have transmitter)
Servos - 2 x Ace DS1015
Personal Transponder - 7232150
Tyres - AKA Gridirons on Yellow Proline V2 Rims

Loads of titanium screws and Kingheadz options, ultra racing rear toe block silver 3.5 degrees, Kyosho fuel filter and blue Kyosho fuel tubing.

Starting Equipment:
Black Pit Buddy carrying tray (Front section held together with tape)
Starter Box - Blue SMD with 2 x Vapex 7.2v 4600MAH Battery
Fuel Bottle, couple of huddy drivers and glow plug spanner / wheel wrench

Thanks for everyone’s support, kind donations and those people who gave chase and managed to inflict some damage on the Blue R reg Peugeot 406 as it got away, hopefully this doesn't reflect badly on DRT as a venue or RC racers in general as I've always found everyone at DRT and in the sport to be really friendly and very helpful and I can only assume that this was just opportunist thieving scum who probably don't have a clue what they have nicked and may try to sell on for peanuts compared to what it’s worth.

I wasn't the only victim it may help if anybody else who lost stuff could list a description of what they lost.

I will be posting this on a few other forums but feel free to copy this to anywhere you think it might help.

crtpromachine

pass the transponder number to local clubs and police it will show :thumbdown:up:thumbdown:

Gibsy
06-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Keep a look out on ebay and if you see it or any of the bits arrange to pick it up then let the police no.

Thats what my mate did when his bike was stolen the police raided the guys house and found tons of stolen bikes.

bodgit
07-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Just an idea, I dont really know the area but as you know the type and coulour of car used to get away and the general direction it went are there any cctv camera,s along that road or area,s nearby. As you know the time of day maybe the people who control the cameras could look through them for you or at the police,s request. Cant seem to get far these days without passing a camera every few miles. Maybe one could have picked them up.

big air
07-04-2009, 01:58 PM
bas**ds like that are the scum of the earth.
maybe they had a bad accident on the way home fingers crossed:mad:
what goes around comes around they will get there turn.
hope you get your gear back mate....

telboy
07-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Just read this on another forum....

Unfortunately i had my buggy and tranny stolen at the weekend from DRT, I know its a long shot but if anyone hears of This kit being sold.
xray 808 no shell black wing,
Novarossi + 4
hong nor 053 pipe
ace servos
Futaba 3vcs with spektrum module.
PT 7010858
Thanks
Richard Goozee

Organised crime at RC meetings, what next?

Urzrkymn
08-04-2009, 08:21 PM
bas**ds like that are the scum of the earth.
maybe they had a bad accident on the way home fingers crossed:mad:
what goes around comes around they will get there turn.
hope you get your gear back mate....

And hopefully the RC car was on the back seat and knocked them the $%*^ out. I caught some lads breaking into my shed a few weeks back, shouted "Oi, what the $%*^ do you think you're doing" as they scarpered they shouted "Robbin your bikes mate!" They came back an hour later too! They found an empty shed.

rcracer
08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
"Oi, what the $%*^ do you think you're doing" as they scarpered they shouted "Robbin your bikes mate!" .

a confession before the crime was committed :wtf: dumb thiefs or what.

mich-blitz
10-04-2009, 11:08 AM
:( im sad lol

grindog
10-04-2009, 01:37 PM
where is the DRT track?

migsy
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss mate, lets hope some-1 catches them and BURNS the NOB-HEADS alive.

WE'LL ALL BE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE MATE.

andyg01
10-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Gob smacked to read this .. I have some friends who race at DRT and I have been there to watch.

DRT=Dartford Race Track Very near the Dartford Tunnel

Gibsy
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
:( im sad lol

well mike if you left it there its your bad lol :lol:

mich-blitz
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
i looked for it and wen i had to go i told them to ceap it there if they found it cus of my mum lol oh well iv got anuther:thumbsup:

Gibsy
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
a new protrak smoke machine lmao :woot: