PDA

View Full Version : EPR this Sunday

DomRC
15-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Am going to make my first appearance at the regional on Sunday :thumbsup:

Just as a spectator mind you, was tempted by the open 2wd but would like to practice first! What time does everything kick off? Can lend a hand if needed...

I'll be the very tall bloke looking a bit lost :woot:

MattADH
15-04-2009, 12:47 PM
We will be there early to set-up but practice wont start until 8.30am or so...

I would recommend having a go in the open class. No pressure as the keen ones will be competing in 4WD and its a perfect opportunity to get some timed laps in and advice from the other racers.

Southwell
15-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Will there be a shop? Ive just sent an email to book me and trish in.

MattADH
15-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Will there be a shop? Ive just sent an email to book me and trish in.

TBH I am not sure...

Tony E was thinking about racing in the SE region but not sure what he decided. Also, I thought Marc was going to come to a few of the meetings

I will pick up the e-mails and add your info to our new bbk timing software.

PS: Did you get your BRCA membership card?

Southwell
15-04-2009, 04:39 PM
PS: Did you get your BRCA membership card?

Not yet mate, no. :woot:

DomRC
15-04-2009, 07:28 PM
We will be there early to set-up but practice wont start until 8.30am or so...

I would recommend having a go in the open class. No pressure as the keen ones will be competing in 4WD and its a perfect opportunity to get some timed laps in and advice from the other racers.

How do you register for the open 2wd? Do you need brca membership for open classes and do you need brca approved batteries?

David Church
15-04-2009, 08:20 PM
How do you register for the open 2wd? Do you need brca membership for open classes and do you need brca approved batteries?

You register by e-mail or on the day. BRCA membership is needed to compete in the regional series, and is highly recommended, you can purchase on the day, but you can race without a BRCA membership for up to 3 races, but you will not be able to score points for the regional championship as I have said.

You do need BRCA approved batteries, but come along and have a go, if your batteries are not up to spec we will loan you some that are!!!:thumbsup:

See you sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DomRC
15-04-2009, 09:21 PM
You register by e-mail or on the day. BRCA membership is needed to compete in the regional series, and is highly recommended, you can purchase on the day, but you can race without a BRCA membership for up to 3 races, but you will not be able to score points for the regional championship as I have said.

You do need BRCA approved batteries, but come along and have a go, if your batteries are not up to spec we will loan you some that are!!!:thumbsup:

See you sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers David:thumbsup:

Just to clarify though, I thought the 2wd being 'open' meant it was outside of the BRCA regional series? Rules on batteries and membership still apply?

Have an older Trakpower 4900 pack (no BRCA sticker) but should have a newer BRCA approved one by Sunday... just need to borrow a bit of power from somewhere!

Will register on the day if I'm going to race - for future reference what is the email address to use?

Cheers

Southwell
15-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Email address is on here: http://www.edenparkraceway.com/

The membership is also insurance if you get injured, if you intend on racing often this year then it's worth the few quid it costs and why clubs need people to be registered.

There will be someone there with available power, i will have my 12v with me if you need some.

DomRC
15-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Email address is on here: http://www.edenparkraceway.com/

The membership is also insurance if you get injured, if you intend on racing often this year then it's worth the few quid it costs and why clubs need people to be registered.

There will be someone there with available power, i will have my 12v with me if you need some.

Nice one cheers, see you Sunday

MattADH
16-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Please e-mail your details including name, crystals and car to the edenparkraceway address.

Obviously you donmt have BRCA membership just yet so we will assume your BRCA formula grading is F5

MattADH
16-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Just to let you know that the EPR committee would like just to have a quick chat after the regional event on Sunday about the National that we are hosting in June.

Unlike previous chats, this will hopefully be very quick as we just want to make sure that we have the right people in place for jobs before and during the weekend.

We will remind everyone at drivers' briefing but this is just to let you know that anyone who thinks that they can help are more than welcome to attend.

Southwell
16-04-2009, 11:14 AM
If you require any help during the national weekend i will be more than happy to contribute.

MattADH
16-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Not yet mate, no. :woot:

Jacquie was sending it directly to you this time!

MattADH
16-04-2009, 11:22 AM
If you require any help during the national weekend i will be more than happy to contribute.

Thanks Ian...

Southwell
16-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Jacquie was sending it directly to you this time!

Not had anything, i will double check with my parents but it should of come to my house....

savageman25
16-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Just to let you know that the EPR committee would like just to have a quick chat after the regional event on Sunday about the National that we are hosting in June.

Unlike previous chats, this will hopefully be very quick as we just want to make sure that we have the right people in place for jobs before and during the weekend.

We will remind everyone at drivers' briefing but this is just to let you know that anyone who thinks that they can help are more than welcome to attend.
I can help, as im ill on the weeked of the national so cant go to work;)

mw02veg
16-04-2009, 07:16 PM
weather man says sunshine for the weekend :thumbsup:

David Church
17-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Yep just checked the weather and it should be lovely and warm!!!!:thumbsup:

Tractor Boy
17-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I know this may have been asked before but are we able to run are PTs this sunday as my boys all have them.

brookie
17-04-2009, 07:45 PM
No sorry Alan, handouts only, we've got the software but we're still saving for the AMB Decoder and you know how much they are:cry::thumbdown::cry:

Drivers should be prepared with an approx. 6mm hole in their bodyshells!

It's obviously been very wet here today and we won't know 'til we get there tomorrow what, if any, impact this has had on the grass pitting area next to the track. Watch this space and we'll post any changes to the normal pitting arrangements if the club advise us of any. We're hoping the ground will drain as quickly as it usually does but we'll advise!

brookie
18-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Though we had a lot of rain yesterday the groundstaff have confirmed that we can still park trackside. There is some standing water and the grass is still a little wet so please take care when parking and respect the surafce and the grounds!

Also please note that there will be a comprehensive footabll programme tomorrow so we ask that you park as close to the track as possible, single file and spread yourselves out along the embankment.

And please, please, please do not arrive TOO EARLY, respect our neighbours and the track will not be open for practice until 08:30 anyway!

We have some exciting new technology that's been installed today thanks to Matt and Tom, those of you with wireless laptops may benefit!

Many thanks, see you all there!

Oh and don't forget those trophy presentations!
And we've secured some interesting little bonuses for the U13 and U16 age groups!

tiny tom
19-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks to the epr crew for putting on a great day.
And cheers to DC for 2 good finals

David Church
19-04-2009, 06:36 PM
What a good day we had today!!!!! And such a good vibe going on in the South East, a nice bunch of people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad you enjoyed the comments Tom:thumbsup:
Special mention to Jodie, you did a great job today, as did all the juniors!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
48 drivers, WOW, there was 12 drivers 6 years ago when I started doing regionals.
Thanks to the EPR crew for another great days racing!!!!

I hope to see numbers increase as the season goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3975dave
19-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Quite agree Dave, very good days racing today had by all I think. Big thanks to all involved :thumbsup:

trekkerkk
19-04-2009, 07:19 PM
great days racing:thumbsup:
thanks to all for there help:thumbsup:
seee you all in two weeks:thumbsup:

trekkker

Tractor Boy
19-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Spot on day guys.
Big thanks to all the guys who run EPR ( You know who you are) you put on a realy great day for us racing boys.
As you say Dave great to see nearly 50 drivers there today lets hope we can get this many at all are regionals this year. We had 14 from FORCC there today so at last we are coming out from the saftey of our hall in Boughton ha ha.
Nice to see the youth of our sport out in force today as well, i have a very good feeling regards the end of season finals this year.
Once again thanks boys and if you were not there today get your arses along to the next one you don,t know what your missing.

Gnarly Old Dog
19-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Echo what they all just said.
Great day's racing - hopefully a taste of what's yet to come this season in the SE:thumbsup:

The SE region is shaping up to be really competitive - but still very friendly and youngster / newbie orientated.

Special thanks to all in heat 1. As your 'ref' today - you made my life very easy as the standard of driving was really very good.

Looking forward to the next one already.
Well done to all.

Extreme
19-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Awesome days racing!!
and i actually out qualified jay for a change LOL:thumbsup:

looking forward to the next one!
see you all soon

MattADH
19-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Qualifying and finals results uploaded onto the club site for anyone that's interested...

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/BRCA%20SE%204WD%20Regional%2019.4.09/index.htm

rc_penguin
19-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Just to echo every one else, was a great day and was well run will be at the 2wd meeting in 2 weeks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jim76
19-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Great day today. Great track, great weather, good turn out, friendly bunch. As Andy said, it's shaping up to be very competitive this year, especially for F2 places. Making the A final is going to be a very rewarding achievement. Also nice to see so many juniors out racing at this level, something we didn't have much of in the mid south. Looking forward to the other rounds. :)

DomRC
19-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks for an awesome day everyone - EPR guys for letting me pit in race control (!), and especially to Brooke Snr & Jr for your guidance and expertise!

The first of many for sure - god knows I need the practice!!

savageman25
19-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Ditto to what everyones saying, i had a great days racing:thumbsup:
Hopefully next time i wont miss one of my heats because i thought lunch was more important:blush:

Team No Idea
20-04-2009, 07:31 AM
What a start to the season!! :thumbsup:

Cracking day!

Thanks to everyone involved, great atmosphere, great racing, everything was great except i kept loosing my nuts!! (damn ae) :lol:

Nearly had you Steve, i was close but no cigar......maybe next time!!! :woot:

Best finish of the day goes to Elllis's jumping manoever over the table top on the last lap of the 2nd A Final!!

See you all in a fortnight (when there will be cake...), unless you are at West Kent for the practice day next Sun in which case see you there.

abray
20-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi all,

Thanks all for a good day's racing! From a refs point of view the driving was very clean and tidy with good awareness for other drivers. Marshalling on the whole was also pretty good - although we do need to get the meeting moving a bit quicker next time, so the guys that have a long way to go don't get home too late. We'll sort this next time.

See you in a few weeks or at Steve's next week for some early practice!
Alex

Hairy Spider
20-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi All,

Thanks to the EPR guys for a good days racing.

Cheers,
Jon.

MattADH
20-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi All,

Thanks to the EPR guys for a good days racing.

Cheers,
Jon.

Thanks to you too for all your help with the timing. I think what you said and showed us over the course of the day would have taken many meetings for us to fathom out...

Hairy Spider
20-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks to you too for all your help with the timing. I think what you said and showed us over the course of the day would have taken many meetings for us to fathom out...

Anytime :),

Jon.

Andy71
20-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks to everybody who helped run the meeting plus cheers to DC for some good refereeing for the heat 2 runners.

Disappointed with 11th, just couldn't get a clean run (all my own doing) but only have to wait 2 weeks to have another crack :thumbsup:

Can somebody book the weather again!!

brookie
20-04-2009, 09:07 PM
A massive thanks to all involved with yesterdays event and all the kind comments previously listed, trust me, they are all VERY much appreciated, thanks, helps to detract from the extreme exhaustion!

Special thanks to all you drivers that attended, young (good to see several new faces) and old alike, seasoned campaigners and those new to EPR and our Region, here's hoping you'll all continue to support all the clubs in our area.

Special thanks ('cos I forgot to mention it at the presentation, sorry E!) go to Ellis Stafford for the very generous donation of the trophies that we used to present to the 2008 Junior Regional Championship winners.

And to Mike & Grant Williams who have also donated trophies that we'll use throughout the season and at the end of the season.

Big thanks to Jon Peters for his invaluable assistance, guidance and advice through some of the complexities and intricacies that make up the latest version of that well known race timing system!

Thanks to Alan Moon for his help sorting out who's who's in the Junior classes. And to Matt B and Horizon Hobby UK for the donation of Junior prizes.

Thanks to all the drivers that assisted with Refereeing duties, Andy Carter, Dave Church (MCDC skills as well during the day!), Alex B and Tom S (speak up man, they don't bite!), with the wide variety of abilities we have in our region I think this was a great help to all drivers alike, thanks!

Thanks to all the EPR boys in Race Control, Tom S, Alex B and Matt B, getting to grips with the new software little by little whilst using some of the new technology available to the drivers, good stuff.

And lets not forget Roger Brayshaw in Scrutineering, manned the transponder racks all day, all for the price of a cup of tea, cheers Rog!

Apologies if I've missed anybody out but most of all thanks to all that attended!

Next on the calendar is the WKRCC Open Day, next Sunday 26 April, our first chance to practise on grass this year, come and go as you please, £5 for the day!

Then it's Round 1 of the SE 2WD Regional Championship back at EPR the following Sunday 03 May 2009.

MotoRev
20-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Comedy (if not slightly unnerving) moment of the day:woot:

Went to Mike Williams for the look on his face when Grant's Lipo pack decided to display it's saftey features... (Uh oh)

You've never seen a pit area clear so fast.

..before it was gingerly flung in the bushes... and then promptly retrieved and placed in Lipo bag .....and then re-lobbed back to where it came... in the bushes:lol:

jim76
20-04-2009, 10:30 PM
yes, Mike's face was a picture. can't believe how much it puffed up!