PDA

View Full Version : 8th buggy nationals?

jimmy
05-02-2007, 05:46 PM
How do you book into these things? I fancy going to a couple of the better tracks.

or am I too late?

Northy
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Jimmy if you do find out, let me know. I fancy doing Pendle.

G

jimmy
05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I got told ages ago by someone that they fill up quick and are popular like.. so I am not sure if we'd even get in :(

I fancy taking some nice photos of the rallyX cars but theres naff all way I am going and not racing - I'm stupid, but not that stupid.:D

jimmy
05-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Had a quick look (thanks butch) at the brca booking in site thing and it doesnt look promising.
Apart from a PT, I need another two Xtals and also a cheque for 50 quid for some reason - then I need to enter each event seperately and I am not even sure what the hell is going on! :D
Apparently you need to register before you can even apply for events. Then there is the problem that I have no bloody idea what the tracks are like so don't know which ones I'd want to enter anyway - So then I have to google each track in turn to see if it is a flat grass thing or a jumpy USA style dirt track.

yeah - rallyX nats, it's not for me.:rolleyes::eh?::o

http://www.brca-rallycross.co.uk/

So, what other big 8th buggy (or even truggy) races are on? I have seen the RRCI series, is this still going and how do you book in?

lewisDXR
05-02-2007, 07:07 PM
For decent tracks with Jumps you need to go to Sandy South End or Slough they all do two day events over the summer and they are more relaxed than nationals ;)

losidan
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
what about that 3a raceway place..it looks bad ass

glypo
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Told you nationals aren't worth it. Crazy stuff how quick they fill up. BRCA need my booking in system installed on their web server, much easier. Looks like it wont be seen until the NeoInvitational 2007 now.

3A raceway do the Thunder Tiger Cup which is freaking awesome. Not sure how it's being done this year, but past few years it has been Saturday practice and Sunday race. So you can make it a 1 or 2 day event depending how you feel or how far you are travelling. They always redo the surface just before the race too.

Novarossi GP at EMORC, Apex GP at Slough, TTR Cup at 3A.... as Lewis says special events are where it's at. Lots more fun, more relaxed yet still well organised. Plus raffles to win stuff too!

I'm told this DXR track runs some good events too..... I'm not to sure personally :o All I know for sure is their website is awesome :D:D

dave g
05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
and dont forget you need an efra pipe starting with the numbers 20xx to run at the nats..i just happen to have 2 new ones for sale cheap :)

dave

jimmy
05-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah all a bit serious and anal this national stuff - just seems a bit scary and closed to a noob like me.

I definately like the sound of this sandy place, and of course 3A is great - just a matter of keeping on top of things and finding out when these big races are and how to book in. not easy if you aren't a regular 8th geezer since I don't really read 8th scale sites etc.

The north east has a nice online booking in system by brian hopps - it's a shame more events dont make use of it.

glypo
06-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Here you go buddy:

http://www.glypo.co.uk/oOple_calendar.pdf

I modfied the race calendar my mate gave me for you. Sandys dates are not yet confirmed. But that's all the major one-offs. Also the Novarossi GP is a very rough date too.

All these races are stnadard post book in with details on their respective sites. Obviously I'll be booking in the second they are availble, so I can let you know via this forum, email or msn when they are open and give you a link if you want?

jimmy
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
that would be great mate and thanks for the info - we need to see if these clash with anything else (10th nationals, regionals, euros, worlds etc)

jimmy
06-02-2007, 12:51 AM
What is the TTR Trial ?

glypo
06-02-2007, 12:07 PM
I should have made a special note, it's actually a truggy only event.

Basically truggies only racing at 3A. 20 min finals, 30 mins for the A.

http://www.3araceway.co.uk/TTT2007

All looks good, only £10 too. Just like the TTR Cup (buggy race) it's spread over 2 days, but the saturday is practice only so means most just come on Sunday, which is easier for people travelling a long way.

jimmy
06-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds cool, I might do them both - bit of a trek all the way down there but its a great track (or was a few years ago)

Shame about the nationals but they sound a bit too serious for the likes of oOple:p

PaulRotheram
06-02-2007, 08:01 PM
stu evans has a calander on his site, of NW, NE, 10th nats and 8th nats :)