PDA

View Full Version : b-max saddle lipos which ones

Dickylew
20-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm about to take the plunge into lipo, what are people using in their B-max?

Are there any packs that fit straight in without modifying the battery strap ie same size as nimh packs.

I was looking at the new vampire 4400mah, look ok has anyone used these do they fit.

:thumbsup:

MHeadling
20-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I had Trakpower 3200 saddles in my b-max, I used B44 posts with thumb screws and Pred x 11 carbon straps and this worked well.

You could use these or the BX batt straps and posts, you may have to space them up and out a longer screw in them, you could use some blue Jet m3 spacers for the bling factor? DMS sells them.

Dickylew
20-04-2009, 08:52 PM
What were the trakpower like was the runtime ok being only 3200mah.

From what you say, do all lipo saddles in the Bmax have to have some modification to the battery straps?

If thats the case will prob go for the bx straps saw then here on another thread somewhere and they looked good in carbon too, from what i remember i think they had a small stack of washers under the posts to raise the height slightly.

MHeadling
20-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah BX ones will do the job, there is some info and pics in this section

As for run times, around 8-10 mins with 5.5 plenty for race run

jim76
20-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Demon saddles are awesome. 35C, plenty of punch. runtime around 10 mins. Come with balance lead etc.

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4256

same dimensions as a saddle NiMH, but you may need to modify the battery strap if it has any curves to fit the old cells. If it's a flat strap then they should drop straight in.

Dickylew
20-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Just checked out the link to the demon saddles they, look good and more capicity than the Trakpower ones price dosnt seem to bad either, i will compare these with the vampire ones then decide.

Thanks for the tips guys very helpful.:thumbsup:

Are there any nuclear power packs yet?:lol:

Tyson
06-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Demon saddles are awesome. 35C, plenty of punch. runtime around 10 mins. Come with balance lead etc.

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4256

same dimensions as a saddle NiMH, but you may need to modify the battery strap if it has any curves to fit the old cells. If it's a flat strap then they should drop straight in.

Agreed Jim the 35c Demon lipo's are excellent for the money got a set last week and another is on its way, also nice carbon effect beats paying LRP 40c prices !!

fastinfastout
01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
does anyone know if trinity 6000 lipos will fit the bmax?

how high is the bottom chassis to the top plate?

gazhillAE
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm about to take the plunge into lipo, what are people using in their B-max?

Are there any packs that fit straight in without modifying the battery strap ie same size as nimh packs.

I was looking at the new vampire 4400mah, look ok has anyone used these do they fit.

:thumbsup:

This is what you need!

All available from DMS!

B44 blue alloy battery posts (x4)
B44 countersunk screws to hold them (x4)
B44 Thumb screws (x4)
B44 carbon lipo tray straps

What you then need to do is drill holes in the chassis x4 from memory to line the posts up so they straps work correctly and then put a 2-3mm spacer under each one before tightening down

Battery wise....

I have both of these as money no object and i wanted the best

LRP 4800 40c Saddles
and
Demon 4200 35c Saddles-230g

Hope this helps

If you need pics of mine let me know it looks the business!

This will work the bollocks!

I have also dremelled 5mm weights into the chassis slots which equals upto 60g. You can put around 30g on each strap or even buy the rudebits brass ones instead if you want so no weights visible.

Ben Turner
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I doubt there is but out of interest is there much difference between the Demon and Lrp lipos??

Cheers,
Ben

Darren Boyle
01-07-2009, 10:10 PM
The LRP's at 40C are amongst the highest rated out there, the Demon's are the same sort of thing as the Trinity's, Vampire's etc all rated at around 30-35C with capacity from anywhere between 4000-4400mah but available for up to £40 per pack less than the marginally better LRP's!!!

Dickylew
03-07-2009, 02:05 PM
First chance had in a while to get to this forum work/ family commitments and noticed all the replys.

In the end i bought Robitronics Lipo Saddles rated at 35c and 4600 mah, although i only use for bashing and not competition have found them to be great, very powerful goes like crazy and run times of around 15 minutes with some left at various speeds, there nothing to look at but perform really well, dont see why you would need anything more even for club racing.

I paid about £69.00 didnt think that was bad but may have increased a little now.

Darren Boyle
03-07-2009, 05:49 PM
The Robitronic are very similiar to the ones I mentioned, they are great for racing too, as you say and there really is no need to spend any more.....

fastinfastout
10-07-2009, 04:50 PM
how are the lipos without a lipo cradle?

was thinking of getting one of these.....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/33998/n/Team-Associated-Factory-Team-LiPo-Cradle

but obviously need to cut in b/n.

havnt built the bmax 09 yet, but just sorting out the lipo situ.

will need b44 battery posts & screws, b44 thumb screws, b44 battery strap(plastic.....I know I'm cheap:) )

but is the lipo cradle necessary?

ravens
11-07-2009, 09:23 PM
No need for craddle theres foam on both sides.Lipos go safely without touching center shaft.

btw : ayone knows an online seller that has in stock BX battery posts?

CODMAN
13-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi all, I'm considering getting myself a B-max4 during the winter. The Lipo I would run in it would be
SIZE (L-W-H) - 69mm x 46mm x 23mm (2.7x1.8x0.9") per 1S pack

Can anyone comment as to wether they think these would fit?

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup:

dave-p
13-10-2009, 06:03 PM
everyone has their own favorites but i am sold on the vampires .

nyheli
14-10-2009, 03:38 AM
Hope this helpful to you!!
*i drilled two 3mm holes in the chassis for front end of lipo
*HN alloy deck posts x4
*3mmx1.0cm flat head screw x4
*3mmx1.5cm screw/washer x4
*SQS carbon lipo tray straps x2
*align (HZ022)skid rubber..
it can hold 6000mah packs sturdy and makes a more firm chasis~!!