PDA

View Full Version : leverton raceway finishd track pics

bob33
21-04-2009, 08:52 PM
as the title says
pic 1 is of down the straight into the extention

pic 2 is of coming out of the extention in to the 'D' bumpy section

pic 3 is of jumping out of the bumpy section on to a flat right hander into the table top

and pic 4 is of coming off the table top in to a right hander to a left going onto the 180 blue bank then back across, then round on to the off camber section then back onto the straight to start a new lap.

whats people thinking??

blitzboy
21-04-2009, 09:00 PM
looking good guys nice to see you took my line off the banked corner at the end there well done bob,tom, darren ,ivor and the lev crew looking good guys will be down soon providing nationals and regionals don t clash :thumbsup:

westie
21-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Is this a coverted tc track?

Chris Green
21-04-2009, 09:04 PM
The track looks great to me. I love the different surfaces.

One little comment, looking at photo2, assuming the track is running clockwise, I think that landing on the tarmac section after the jump may be a little harsh? not sure though. Hopefully some more experience racers will comment.

Just curious, how harsh is the asphalt / tarmac on tyres?

Where abouts is Leverton?

Thanks!

blitzboy
21-04-2009, 09:10 PM
chris ive run on there twice now mate and its not bad , you can clear the first two humps and float the last one , leverton is boston Lincs buddy , that flat bit we we all drive tractors :thumbsup:

blitzboy
21-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Is this a coverted tc track?

no westie cause there running tc and buggies at the club meeting too :thumbsup:move over snorer lmao :lol:

Chris Green
21-04-2009, 09:12 PM
chris ive run on there twice now mate and its not bad , you can clear the first two humps and float the last one , leverton is boston Lincs buddy , that flat bit we we all drive tractors :thumbsup:

Ahh, I see the bit of track you mean now, on the left hand side.

I was wondering about the jump in the centre of the photo?

blitzboy
21-04-2009, 09:23 PM
dude your running the wrong way you come off the tarmac buy the shed onto the big sweeping corner

Chris Green
21-04-2009, 09:27 PM
dude your running the wrong way you come off the tarmac buy the shed onto the big sweeping corner

I think we're talking about a different photo mate.

I'm on about the 2nd photo down (attachment 6408)? not the one with the shed in it.

blitzboy
21-04-2009, 09:37 PM
my bad na when you get it right you can clear the tarmac and land in the green the bend before the jumps a bit bumpy but you can still carry enough corner speed to clear it and ther tarmac

TRICKYNICK
21-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I think we're talking about a different photo mate.

I'm on about the 2nd photo down (attachment 6408)? not the one with the shed in it.

Everyone I've seen try the track have either cleared the tarmac area completely or if they did land on the tarmac they weren't going fast enough to any damage :)

If there was to be a problem then the Leverton crew would do there best to sort it becuase there them sort of guys :thumbsup:

Crazychambers
22-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Chris - As Nick and G say, the tarmac after the jump is pretty much cleared everytime, I;ve done hundreds of laps now in 2wd and 4wd and normaly eaily clear the tarmac section, and if you don't generally the landing doesn't seem too hard anyway (I've not had any damage yet!)

As fo the tyre wear on the tarmac, its not bad at all at the only real places your on it i the last hairpin, which is pretty slow so there isn't much tyre scrub and the acceleration point onto the straight after the off camber section (cwe need a better name for that bit Rob, lol).

The guys have done a brilliant job, I've been done and had a look when ever I'm back in boston and the progress has been brilliant. I pretty much reflect what the other guys are saying, try and get down and have a go in a meeting; hopefully at some stage we may run a opening style meeting.

Nick - You there on Sunday mate?

G - Finally got the shell mounted up mate, looks awesome!

Cheers

Dan

bob33
23-04-2009, 04:57 PM
im sorry dan but i dont no of one...u think???

thanks for the coments there all sounding good to me :). as regards to damage from the track, i have done alot of runing round there with my b4 and cat and both cars are still intacked after some abuse so seems like its not a car killer. And as of where leverton is its on the a52 about 25min away from skeg (closer to boston) if u go on www.leverton-raceway.co.uk (http://www.leverton-raceway.co.uk) its got everything you need to know.

ps... nick your going down :lol:

TRICKYNICK
23-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I hoping to be there just my old man is away so transport is the problem atm :thumbdown:

If I can get I won't be racing because I can't use my dads big truck so will only be able to bring a small trackside shop :(, I will bring the obvious (tyres, spares, etc) but no kits, bodyshells, big stuff like that (sorry no room)

Is there anything specific that you guys can think of that I should bring on Sunday:confused:

Schudave
24-04-2009, 08:59 PM
im sorry dan but i dont no of one...u think???

thanks for the coments there all sounding good to me :). as regards to damage from the track, i have done alot of runing round there with my b4 and cat and both cars are still intacked after some abuse so seems like its not a car killer. And as of where leverton is its on the a52 about 25min away from skeg (closer to boston) if u go on www.leverton-raceway.co.uk (http://www.leverton-raceway.co.uk) its got everything you need to know.

ps... nick your going down :lol:25 minuets from skeggy bob what are you doing walking it

bob33
25-04-2009, 07:47 PM
25 minuets from skeggy bob what are you doing walking it

well depends where your going in skeg haha, but take 10min off that lol. whos this anyway :confused:.you coming?

and nick just the normal stuff, tyers (minispikes,pins) and then just spairs as ushal for off road. see you tmoro anyone going.

TRICKYNICK
25-04-2009, 10:37 PM
My dads mate is giving me a lift so I will be there :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I won’t be racing BUT got a lad coming with me who used to race touring car and I’ve convinced him to buy my B4 and get racing at Leverton so will be his pit bitch for the day lol :lol:

Look forward to seeing you all there :cool:

quarter throttle
04-05-2009, 07:22 PM
be warned darren and dan .. and the rest of you 4wd wallies ... i has got ma self a 4wd
WARNING - quarter throttle will not be held responsible for any crashes he has overquarter throttle .. lol
GOOD LUCK PEOPLE .. LOL :thumbsup:

blitzboy
04-05-2009, 07:29 PM
would help if you actually knew what quarter throttle was, and used it

bob33
04-05-2009, 09:01 PM
ash im kinda glad i wont b there sunday now haha.you gota try and beat darren.

wow wow blitzboy i dont think u can talk about that crazy man. :lol:

Crazychambers
04-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm actually quite scared for the next race then.....

You doing the regional Ash?

Steady Rob, I still wanna keep the crazy title... Even if I have calmed down (just allittle!)

Darrane
04-05-2009, 10:24 PM
be warned darren and dan .. and the rest of you 4wd wallies ... i has got ma self a 4wd
WARNING - quarter throttle will not be held responsible for any crashes he has overquarter throttle .. lol
GOOD LUCK PEOPLE .. LOL :thumbsup:

Bring it on quarter throttle what car you got the old dog fighter i should think, is your dad running the B4 i do not think Big Dan will be there i should think he is scared of being beaten by a Kyosho and now the old dog fighter. Because he is a team driver you know for a well known ex German F1 driver:woot: anyway see you Sunday Quarter Throttle:p

blitzboy
04-05-2009, 10:42 PM
god this is getting interesting , only got one thing to say , watch the triple quater throttle you ll be in the field in stead of on the track heheheheheehehe :thumbsup: will be there for oe of the meetings i hope soon guys

quarter throttle
05-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Why aren't you going bob?

quarter throttle
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Grapham ... i drove the other sunday and i don't think im bad enough to succesfully land in the field :lol:

quarter throttle
05-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm actually quite scared for the next race then.....

You doing the regional Ash?

Steady Rob, I still wanna keep the crazy title... Even if I have calmed down (just allittle!)
No regional for me matey ... Leverton kicks ass ... cba to get up early

:p

quarter throttle
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Bring it on quarter throttle what car you got the old dog fighter i should think, is your dad running the B4 i do not think Big Dan will be there i should think he is scared of being beaten by a Kyosho and now the old dog fighter. Because he is a team driver you know for a well known ex German F1 driver:woot: anyway see you Sunday Quarter Throttle:p

no my dad swapped b4 for yokomo mr4bx .. straight swap so good deal :thumbsup:

bob33
06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
im at talywain nat this week ash that y im not at levy. should be a good meeting for u lot attending. ill b there on the 17th tho.....

how did your bx go tday ash was gearing anywear near?

quarter throttle
22-05-2009, 03:30 PM
come on cat!!! need the beast for the regional! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: