PDA

View Full Version : Today 26th

MikePimlott
26-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Cheers again all who turned up made it well worth while in the end.

Casual days racing, good track layout :blush: and nice to see everybody at Bury again.

even Joffrey :thumbsup:

jimmy
26-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Haha, Joffrey did well today - bit of an animalistic start to the A final but he manned thru to take a poor 5th I believe :thumbsup:

Good day, nice weather and the track was good. Maaan that banking onto the grass area was tricky for me, rolled there looooads :bored: good stuff tho.

Stu
26-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry, was intending to come today.

:(

Si Coe
26-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Great day. If the numbers keep up I'll be back for sure.
Thanks Jimmy for flipping my car over soooo many times, stuffing bits back inside etc. And making my Smart car/pit area look very slightly less ridiculous
I think I got the hang of that double eventually..........

woOdy
26-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes thanks guys for turning up. Track is cool and Hope the weather holds off for next weekend? IF you dont know it is the !st North West Regional next week at Bury and BOOKING IN starts at 0930 and practise this year will be with a raffle ticket system. We are having abit of a tidy up on Sat afternoon at 2 if anyone is interested in coming and giving us some time?
Thanks again everybody that turned up today.:thumbsup:

J_WOODY
26-04-2009, 10:06 PM
practise this year will be with a raffle ticket system.

does that mean you only get a practise if you win the raffle:woot:

has there been any changes made to the track this year?

woOdy
26-04-2009, 10:10 PM
does that mean you only get a practise if you win the raffle:woot:

has there been any changes made to the track this year?

No as we dont want to spend time/money and effort on a track which will soon have a deadline. There is no plans yet for a new track as the Gym is still waiting for funding so I dont think it will be this year. You never know though.
Practice wise- you get a ticket when you book in and then when you practice you give it to the person controlling practice. This is what the BRCA have chosen to do this year in our region.

jimmy
26-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Track looks the same as for last years regionals - tho I have to say I've never run that final 1/4 before, round the banking and onto the grass / onto the start area. lots of off-camber madness.

Practice is for amateurs - straight into rd1, that's all we need.

woOdy
26-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Track looks the same as for last years regionals - tho I have to say I've never run that final 1/4 before, round the banking and onto the grass / onto the start area. lots of off-camber madness.

Practice is for amateurs - straight into rd1, that's all we need.

Sounds good to me Jim:thumbsup:

MikePimlott
26-04-2009, 10:18 PM
tho I have to say I've never run that final 1/4 before, round the banking and onto the grass / onto the start area. lots of off-camber madness.

Its good how you leave the astro 1/4 turn into a barrel role :confused:
hard to do fast :lol:

Stu
27-04-2009, 06:53 AM
. We are having abit of a tidy up on Sat afternoon at 2 if anyone is interested in coming and giving us some time?

I'll try to get over on Saturday to make up for not coming yesterday.

njc11
27-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Had good day yesterday.. a really relaxed enjoyable day :thumbsup:

I'll be there at 2pm so see you there!

Shall we start a list!? :woot:

Cheers

Nick

1.woOdy
2.Stu
3.Nick

Chrislong
27-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Bury events are always the ones I most look forward to, and for this regional I am away all weekend doing some cars in London :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stu
27-04-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll try to get over on Saturday to make up for not coming yesterday.

Shit, I can't come, forgot, I'll be in Sherwood forest swinging about in the trees.

What am I doing!

If we can make it late morning I can be there for a couple of hours before setting off?

gazhillAE
28-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Count me in aslong as no rain

1-Woody
2-Stu
3-Nick
4-Gareth Hill