PDA

View Full Version : Spintec Charger

mikeyscott
27-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Are these still good as just looking at them and I'm looking at them due to cells dying and I'm wondering if it's my Prodigy II charger.

I've got 5 packs of SMC IB4200 and two packs have got a dead cell in them :(

I've also got a Novak smart discharge try and a dead charge tray.

I'll prob keep the Prodigy II if I look at LIPO.

CJ Weaver
29-04-2009, 02:51 AM
Apparently they are good if you can get them working. A good friend of mine bought one, and we couldn't get the proper software loaded onto the charger. He sent it back, and they took care of it for him. After that, it worked like a champ. If you can figure out how to upload the software and charging profiles, I think you will really like this charger.

Chequered Flag Racing
29-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Are these still good as just looking at them and I'm looking at them due to cells dying and I'm wondering if it's my Prodigy II charger.

I've got 5 packs of SMC IB4200 and two packs have got a dead cell in them :(

I've also got a Novak smart discharge try and a dead charge tray.

I'll prob keep the Prodigy II if I look at LIPO.

Won't be the charger killing cells more likely the dead charge tray on nimh batteries. Don't use it.

Are you running the batteries until they are flat in the car?

Spintec ICC won't revive your dead cells. Good charger and still use mine.

Use the Novak Smart Tray set at either 0.9 or 1.0v cut off.

RogerM
29-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Spintec ICC is the best RC investment I've made!!!

I had some really ratey old IB4200s which as an experiment I cycled 5 times and they improved to the point that they are ok as practice cells now.

For best results I find that discharging the cells on the ICC immediately before charging them helps.

mikeyscott
29-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Spintec ICC is the best RC investment I've made!!!

I had some really ratey old IB4200s which as an experiment I cycled 5 times and they improved to the point that they are ok as practice cells now.

For best results I find that discharging the cells on the ICC immediately before charging them helps.

So did you manage to revive some 0v dead cells on it? May still buy one and I'm also going to buy a Vampire 4000 LIPO I think.