PDA

View Full Version : X12?

ANGEL.ONE
28-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Is there any news on an X12?

Lee
28-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I don't think there will be a new car in the pipeline for a while yet, they just released the 08 car in december:)

ANGEL.ONE
28-04-2009, 03:21 PM
yeah, i only realised how new the x11 was when i actually read the first paragraph of the Oople review. i recently acquired an XRS, and was wondering whether to go with X11 upgrade parts or keep it standard and wait for an x12.

niggs98
28-04-2009, 04:38 PM
as lee says the 08 version of the x11 was only released just before the new year and is the current platform that the team are using. there are no plans that i know of for a x12 as the x11 is proving to be a very good platorm. as for weather to upgrade or not. that is upto you. if you have the x11-08 then all the team mods that come along will transfer straight over so is worth the upgrade. the car is a lot stronger than the xrs as well but having said that the xs is a very good car for the racer and with certain upgrades will be more than competetive enough to use even at a national level so as i say, your choice totally.

ANGEL.ONE
28-04-2009, 06:06 PM
i'd like to upgrade some of the xrs to x11 spec... i have been looking on both the teamxtreme.co.uk and xtreme-rc.biz and cannot find the orange steering arms, where are they?!

timmy121
28-04-2009, 07:02 PM
here you go
http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=387

ANGEL.ONE
28-04-2009, 07:29 PM
thanks! any idea why one might want these instead of say the 'XX002: X11 STEERING UPGRADE PACK (http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=213)'?

timmy121
28-04-2009, 07:47 PM
New steering links change the ackerman so you get more steering

ANGEL.ONE
28-04-2009, 07:51 PM
will i be able to sling them str8 in my XRS without any other mod's?

Lowie
28-04-2009, 08:28 PM
nope, the standard XRS still has the sadle-pack-layout, with the servo and steering rod on the right-side of the car.
The new steering arms are made for the Pred with a Stickpack-layout where servo and steering rod are on the left side of the car.

I guess you could consider modding these new parts a bit so that you are able to use them on the right-side-steering-setup ... but IMHO that would be silly.
All you need to do is mod your car to the stickpack-layout. You will be able to use the new orange steering parts straight in, will be able to use conventional Stickpack Lipo's ... AND you will gain on driving-capabilities through cornering, a feature of the stickpacklayout.

ABout this stickpack-mod ... just click around (here or on www.the-pred.co.uk (http://www.the-pred.co.uk)) and you'll find plenty of pictures from people who have done this mode

ANGEL.ONE
29-04-2009, 08:11 AM
i'd prefer not to perform 'unnecessary..' surgery on my XRS, i noticed a lot of talk of modding for lipo, what is wrong with lipo saddle packs?! thanks for the info lowie, i'd suspected as much, especially as orange is the upgrade for the x11, i may satisfy myself with upgrading to x11 spec.

Lowie
29-04-2009, 08:16 AM
nothing wrong with the sadle-pack lipo, but they are no straight fit in (so there is the need to mod the car after all) AND stickpack-lipo's are much more available and easier to use in all your cars.
SO no need for a special sadle-pack lipo-buy, just use your regular battery.

AND, as i learned from the top-drivers, the pred has better cornering with the stickpack, strangely enough.

ANGEL.ONE
29-04-2009, 08:17 AM
why no str8 fit?!

Lowie
29-04-2009, 10:10 AM
they often are bit larger then conventionel battery's, espcially when they are hardcased.
And that "bit" is just enough tonot being able to fit.

more info here: http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=318.15
pictures of people trying to get Trakpower sadle-packs into the pred.
Can only be done after minor modifications.

ANGEL.ONE
29-04-2009, 10:15 AM
many thanks Lowie. maybe NIMH for XRS, unless i can get away with washers under battery posts or somthin minor of the like.

Tom3012
29-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I tried saddle lipos in my X11.. they dont fit, not due to the size of the pack but due to the shape... where as a NIMH batteries are rounded and fit in the curvature of the chassis, the lipo saddles are virtually square..

Therefore they cant be mounted as foward in the chassis as the NIMH and have to sit further back, (unless you dremel out the chassis, but i DONT recommend this)

Plus as stated, the car handles better with stick pack lipo...

Hope this helps,

Tom

ANGEL.ONE
29-04-2009, 01:52 PM
does modifying the chassis for stick lipo require any dremmeling or similar, this i want to avoid - if i mod i like to be able to revert to original stock condition. would the new stick lipo compatible chassis be compatible with the rest of the xrs? NIMH saddle pack arrangement is good enough for me really.

Lowie
29-04-2009, 02:10 PM
no dremeling, only some new holes drilled through the chassis, so that you are able to mount the servo in a new position, and to mount one Battery-post in a new position.

You need to drill 3 of 4 holes (3mm) into the chassis and bevel them out a bit. That's about all.
... and you have about 5 unused holes left. :woot: (I closed those down with some epoxy)

ANGEL.ONE
29-04-2009, 02:29 PM
tempting, but honestly NIMH is fit, fine, and fast enough for me. thanks for the knowledge, i shall meditate...

Bungleaio
29-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Modifications to make the car suitable for lipo are easy. This is mine when I had the trackpower saddles

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/x11/16112008862.jpg

This is is now it can take stick packs

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/x11/130320091221.jpg

The saddles require new positions for all the posts if you want to use the standard straps or just new ones for the back if you are using longer straps.

For the stick packs I used the original nimh post location and drilled one at the back to suit. The steering arms also require flipping and re counter sinking, the new orange ones remove the need for this. Obviously servo mounts will also need to be moved.

For either setup I've found that a low profile servo has given me a little more room to play with making getting everything under the shell a little easier but this is optional I know not all use them.

I've run mine a couple of times since I converted to sticks and the car definatley goes better than it did with saddles.

ANGEL.ONE
29-04-2009, 02:33 PM
reckon stick lipo is better balanced than saddle nimh? in an absolutely standard XRS?