PDA

View Full Version : I'm very disappoint

restimax
03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
:yawn:

wednesday i have race.... http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/rolleyes.gif i have race is not corrected...the other driver have race...
first round of test...broken front pinion steel (this was mounted a pinion collar...but...) the day start very well... http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/grin.gif http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

first qualifing after 2 lap and at the landing of a jump, one of old (pred) rim it's broken...

the car with Kevlee setup is very nervous, and difficult for me. i have removed the sway bar, but nothing.
after two years i think this car is not for my drive and the our track... http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/Smileys/classic/cry.gif
i have finish the race at the last position.
the car do not have grip at the rear in the middle corner, the landing of two small woop is ok, next one small woop is with the front and the car overturns on it.
the slippery spur gear is not stable for all five minutes of the round.
i have used the first time the x11 at the euros 08, at today with all the mod of the team, new esc (tekin rs pro) motor feigao 6.5 the car is the same, low grip at the rear, jumping and landing very bad.

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=611.0

Bungleaio
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Its a shame you've not been getting on very well. I've been quite lucky recently and I've not broken anything for a couple of meetings.

The setup I'm running seems to be pretty stable, I'll try and get it written down later on today and I'll post it up for you mate.

Lowie
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Since I started racing with my X10 last year and with the X11 this year, I have never broken something serious on my Pred.

Only had some serious diff-problems on the EIR-race, but this got sorted out when I used the new diff-parts, .. and never had the same problem again.

SO you must indeed be unlucky :bored:.

ABout the KevLee-setup: I tried it on a grass track and it was SPOT ON!.
But then, I tried it on the Astroturf-track of Kampenhout (Belgium) and my car was very twitchy too.

So I'm gonna try some stuff to make the car smoother on this high-grip track. (We were running on very old used minipin-tyres and still had plenty of grip).

Also, I had some slipper-problems on the Pred. Didn't seem to get it right ... and then I just did set-up my rear diff tight but ok, loosened the slipper completely .. and tested and stiffened the slipper bit by bit, until it was ok. I had no more problems from there.

I think the track you are talking about is a very bumpy clay track, isn't it?
How is the grip on that track?

Have been there also: loosing faith and thinking about selling all my RC-stuff. I'm rather new in setting up a car and it's not easy.

kwik
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
thats bad to here max, especialy if i get your car soon!! lol

and lowie, tell me how it goes on the astro as ill be racing on similar surface once i start, astro is good with green minipins in the dry and yellow minipins in the damp/wet am i right?

thanks
chris

Lowie
03-05-2009, 06:12 PM
ok, Kwik, but mind you, I'm no expert. There are other pilots around here that are far more better then me about setting up a car.

About tyre-choice: nope!
Shumacher mini-pin yellow on a dry astro-track
(I use regular rear tyres, but on the front cut away 3 rows of pins on inner side AND on outer side of the tire ... or use MiniPikes on the front .. just to loose some grip in the front)

when it's raining: Ballistics minipin pink
I guess the Shum Minispikes Green might work also on wet astroturf.
Problem is that the Ballistics pink wear out very quickly!

kwik
03-05-2009, 06:58 PM
woops, maybe it was the wrong way round...lol

you know more than me, all i know is F1 setups...

restimax
03-05-2009, 09:41 PM
thats bad to here max, especialy if i get your car soon!! lol

thanks
chris

:woot: the italian track are a lot different of the england track...

http://fotoalbum.virgilio.it/alice/kenjo65/assago1prova2009/index.html

:yawn:

kwik
03-05-2009, 10:29 PM
nice track, bigger jumps i think. come and live in england, we have more forgiving tracks :thumbsup:

restimax
03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
nice track, bigger jumps i think. come and live in england, we have more forgiving tracks :thumbsup:

it's a good idea...
great location, girls (i love the nuts girls...:thumbsup:) but i do not speak english...:blush: and i not know anyone...

kwik
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
dont worry, nobody speeks english in south east london, and im in south east london :woot:

restimax
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
any comment from the expert team drivers?

Lowie
04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm no expert, nor in Pred-driving, nor in girls ... so I got interested .. What are "nut girls", Restimax?

kwik
04-05-2009, 05:50 PM
lowie, type into google nuts magazine, and you will soon find out.... just dont say i didnt warn ya...

Bungleaio
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I haven't forgotten about getting my setup up here for you mate, I've been flat out the past couple of days, I'll get it for you asap mate.

restimax
04-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks Bungleaio

@ Lowie...
nuts girl...is a wonderfull magazine...
search on google... i love lucy pinder, michelle marsh, sophie howard, rhian sugden :drool:

Lowie
04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
OMG, these girls are almost as beautiful as my wife!
Didn't know that was possible :)

haha, now let's get back on topic guys, ... guys .... GUYS!!

Gayo
04-05-2009, 07:32 PM
OMG, these girls are almost as beautiful as my wife!
Didn't know that was possible :)

haha, now let's get back on topic guys, ... guys .... GUYS!!

So I guess you are a very lucky man.... or...
your wife is on oOple :lol:

Lowie
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
the first :)

restimax
09-05-2009, 09:52 PM
with the lipo stick the car is more balance than with the ni-mh.
i have try some new setup...
rear hub hole up
motor mounted in high...
and some other...
little improvement...
but in a jump i have broke the chassis... under the anti-squat alu block...:yawn:
tomorrow new test day.