PDA

View Full Version : B-MAX4 - MR4BX Shocks

Tyson
07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I have two B-max4's one mine and one my sons, I have the champions pack but am reluctant to buy another pack for my son as I only really want the shocks/springs, i have read the the MR4BX shocks are the same but i have never seen one to compare and struggle to find anywhere that stocks them.

Are there any other manufacturers shocks that would fit with a similar specification to the Yokomo one's :confused:

If anybody could shed light on this i would be greatful.

sosidge
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
As far as I know the BX front shocks are basically a direct fit (use the B-MAX4 shock bottoms), the BX rear shocks need to have the longer 49mm shafts as used on worlds/factory cars, if so they are also a direct fit.

The B-MAX4 shock length is not greatly unlike what is used on most other cars at the moment, someone else has used Tamiya TRF shocks, AE shocks will probably go on too.

It is probably worth hunting down the Yokomo shocks because then you can run identical settings on your son's car as on your own. Although I'm surprised you don't want a champions pack, because the rear anti-roll bar is pretty much essential to make the car handle, and the front hexes make finding wheels that fit a lot easier.

Tyson
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks sosidge, your right, totally forgot the ease with the b44 fornt hex'es and anti roll bar.. Oh well the £90 CP for my son's car it is.
He has agreed that i get free car washes for life if i get him the CP:lol:
Thanks again pal:thumbsup:

DaveG28
07-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I think the front shafts are identical length to the 501 worlds/511 tamiya one's, and the rears may well be too, tamiya lengths are 40.7mm and 49.6mm.

I might have enough Yok shocks to sell a set actually, if your interested I'll have a lok at what I've got tomorrow...

Tyson
07-05-2009, 09:40 PM
That would be cool dave, also if you have any Yokomo springs i would be interested in buying them off you as i am just running the standard black spring front and back bit to hard for local track (Bury Metro).
Cheers Dude:thumbsup:

DaveG28
08-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi mate, got spare front shocks but sadly only the old short rear shocks, don't think they go on the Bmax!

I've got green springs all round and orange rears available too?