PDA

View Full Version : Truck stopping/no response

markwilliamson2001
11-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi

I ran my T4 truck on Sunday outside on a grass track.
At one area of the track (the far left my truck would occasionally cut out (as if it had been switched off), but would come back to life, when coming back towards the rostrum...
It was not a consistent problem, and this point of the track was just coming onto the start straight.

I never had this problem when running inside at a club night...

My setup was as follows:

Trakpower 4900 25C 2S Stick Pack
Losi Excelorin S Speedo and 10.5 motor
Spektrum Std Module & receiver (not pro)
AMB Personal Transponder

Speedo setup:
Lipo 2S - cutoff 6.5v
Initial Acceleration - medium
Drag Brake - off (0%)

The problem did not occur on a fully charged lipo pack during practice (I reused the lipo for rd1 qually, where the problem did occur).

I can possibly put this down to two things -

The lipo was somehow hitting the cutoff (set on my speedo at 6.5v) :confused:
I wasn't running a power cap on the receiver either, and the receiver was losing voltage for a brief moment..:confused:
Can anyone confirm or deny these findings?

Thanks
Mark

redonesgofaster
11-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi,

cant confirm or deny but i think youre right and have answered your own question ....

couple of things .... i believe theres a f/w update for losi speedo's...

I'm guessing youve geared up for running outdoors ..so more current drain..

was practice timed or did you run longer than 5 mins so battery was a bit lower than say two 5 min heats ...

cheers,

Ian

markwilliamson2001
11-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Practice wasn't timed, so did not have a definate check on this...
Will try getting hold of a voltage cap for the receiver, as I think that this might be what caused it. I was also running a PT outside, which I wasn't running inside.

Cheers
Mark

Southwell
11-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I'd say the power cap on the receiver will cure the problem. Ive never had the problem as i ran a cap from day one.

super__dan
11-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Mark, as 3 hits I'd say lower the voltage cutoff to say 6.2V, I see no reason not to do this. Receiver cap, I too always run them AND run 7.2V servos for maximum best little current through recevier. Lastly, I've been guilty of taking advantage of Spektrum and taking the mick with the receiver wire, it does need to be as high as possible.

mikeyscott
11-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I've had problems this weekend too and regardless I'll be running with the Spektrum power cap in my kit too once I have a new servo...

markwilliamson2001
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Just thought I would open this up again...
I am still having this problem, even after fitting a power cap??

I have yet to change receivers yet, as apart from the speedo, I don't think that anything else could be causing the problem. I am running a 6v ae XP servo as well. It just seems to be a problem with range though...kind of weird.

Will change the reciever and keep everyone updated.