PDA

View Full Version : The Un-official Oswestry 2009 National Thread

ashleyb4
11-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi Guys

With ozfest 09 in just under 3 weeks thought ide start a thread with some information.

The post code is: SY11 4AD

Track:

The track will be on the grass bank, the same as previous years.

Camping:

Camping is avaliable Friday and Saturday night, no need to book lots of room. But please can we have all caravans and campervans on the right hand side as you go in the gate.

Tents are free
Caravans are 5 a night, 10 for the weekend.

Accommadation:

Travelodge Is about 4 or 5 minutes away from the track for more info follow the link below:
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=166

The NEW premier inn is also about 4 or 5 minutes away and very close to the travel lodge please click the link below for more info:
http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=29246&iscsell=true

Onsite Facilities:

Toilets (Including Disabled) Open 24 Hours

Food van will be onsite from friday evening and thought out the weekend.
They offer a good range of food bacon butties, drinks, snacks as well as specials for lunch.

Entertainment:

On Saturday evening the Factory Team quiz will return hosted by your quiz master Phil Channon.

See you all there, we have the sun booked lets hope it gets delivered.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Ashley

Oswestry Radio Car Club Race Co-Ordinator + Tea Lady

Jonesy
11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
And lets not forget Ash, a very strong team from the club supporting the National to cater for everyone!

I'm realy looking forward to this one. Flat grass, a couple of jumps and a level playing field for EVERYONE.

Ash, what jumps can the drivers expect?

cajones75
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
And lets not forget Ash, a very strong team from the club supporting the National to cater for everyone!

I'm realy looking forward to this one. Flat grass, a couple of jumps and a level playing field for EVERYONE.

Ash, what jumps can the drivers expect?

When you join the club we can tell you, :p

Good to see you coming down more often, thanks for the support :thumbsup:

You are right about the team we have hear at Oz. There are a number of core members and parents :thumbsup: who put a lot of effort in at the club all year around.

I am sure we will all carry on the good work and carry on from previous years by laying on a good national weekend for everyone, it certainly won't be for the lack of trying anyway!!

Jonesy
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
When you join the club we can tell you, :p

Good to see you coming down more often, thanks for the support :thumbsup:

You are right about the team we have hear at Oz. There are a number of core members and parents :thumbsup: who put a lot of effort in at the club all year around.

I am sure we will all carry on the good work and carry on from previous years by laying on a good national weekend for everyone, it certainly won't be for the lack of trying anyway!!

I'll be down every week during the Summer to be with the 'team'. It feels good to be racing regular in the week and as you know I'm always willing to help out and will be there for the National!

Mossy
11-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Ill be down with the Jones to help you guys out Thursday night/Friday to compliment your team lol

ashleyb4
11-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Awsome mossy all help is apprechiated.

Awsome to have you on board jonesy.

As for jumps people will have to wait and see :)

A

Garry Driffill
11-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Chrislong
12-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Random :eh?:

Im looking forward to Ozfest 09, are there any plans for the Saturday night in the function suite? The quizes and stuff are great fun.

Will team etcetera etcetera be there in force? :lol:

IceMike
12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
The quiz is to be held in the same building as last year as we will be sharing the site with the local youth football association in the evening again this year. But the good thing is that they will be providing a bar for anyone that forgot to go shopping.

Southwell
12-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Good luck with the build guys, can't wait for this one! :thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
12-05-2009, 11:07 AM
As for jumps people will have to wait and see :)

A

I don't want to stick my nose in here, but if I recall correctly you 'learned' from last year that open planning would be best.

now it seems again people will be surprised when they turn up.

I don't want to speak on behalf of other people, but I would imagine that some open comunication with that you have planned will allow everyone to give their opinion if it will work BEFORE the event and less then chance for people to moan AFTER the event.

it really doesn't bother me either way as I wont be racing, but I do like to read and hear about good races that people have on good tracks.

Chrislong
12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
CD is right.

I can hardly remember last year now, I just remember not being so keen (by no means a complaint- just observation) on the profile of the triple and no landing zone. The table top was good, but didn't that come loose? It was tough to downramp this is I remember rightly. I like downramps. But I also remember quite likeing the track otherwise.

Lee
12-05-2009, 11:18 AM
CD is right.

I can hardly remember last year now, I just remember not being so keen on the profile of the triple/quad and no landing zone? The table top was good, but didn't that come loose? I can't remember so forgive me if im wrong on that.:confused:

The table top was changed after practice because it was horrendous. I think the Oz team know what is needed, and hopefully they will get it spot on and everyone can come on here on the sunday night / monday morning and praise their efforts :thumbsup:

PS: CD is right. He is mighty at least 1 day a year :lol:

Kopite
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
They had a round of the BCL a few weeks back, and the table top on the track was v good, with a much longer down ramp.

I trust the Oz guys will provide us with a really good weekend of racing, and I thank them for the effort they're going to be putting in

Chrislong
12-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Cool, looking forward to it. Lets all pray for the cloud to clear, sun to come out and wind to drop.

Lee
12-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Lets all pray for the cloud to clear, sun to come out and wind to drop.

Anything else you want while your at it ? :woot:

Danny McGee
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CUT THE GRASS SHORT. I.E VERY SHORT, LONG SHORT ISH. SHORT. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO GET THE MOWER OUT AGAIN AND DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU. ITS NOT HARD.

REMEMBER VERY VERY SHORT.....

Chrislong
12-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Yeh, no bugs, short grass, and a lottery win... possibly more, I'll update the list later.

Jonesy
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CUT THE GRASS SHORT. I.E VERY SHORT, LONG SHORT ISH. SHORT. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO GET THE MOWER OUT AGAIN AND DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU. ITS NOT HARD.

I know the guys have plans for the grass to be cut around 4-5 more times before the National on a regular basis. Trust the team to get it right and will be fine!!! :thumbsup:

As for the jumps I agree with Stan, great table top at the BCL which will be there for the National, again, trust the team to get it right. It is going to be a great event :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Grass has been cut on a weekly basis since febuary its thickening up nicely and will be cut short before the event. Last year the grass was meant to be cut again but due to runing out of time and a few problems we just run out of time and help. This year the grass will be cut short. I have severn days off before the national which will consist of lots of grass cutting and organising.

A

IceMike
12-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks Jonesy, Stan!!

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 12:38 PM
As for the main jump they have been tested by some of the best drivers we had a small issue with the lip going on to the jump. But this will be sorted before the national.

A

Kopite
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM

Give it a rest Danny, lets just be grateful that people are giving up so much of their spare time to host the events we have.

millzy
12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Give it a rest Danny, lets just be grateful that people are giving up so much of their spare time to host the events we have.

to be fair- I think you have over used the Grass cutting card Danny, as you told me at taly your not a fan of grass tracks any way

I spoke to Jamie at taly and he told me about the jumps Oz now has and how good they are, the club has put a lot of work in to iorn out and past issues

Lee
12-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I think it's fair to say that every club that hosts a national event always puts in 100% effort, i don't think that people come away and think that the organisers couldn't be arsed. Some clubs are lucky, the likes of EPR etc has probably the best off road track i have raced on and the facilities to go with it. Some clubs have to make do with a piece of grass but the effort put in is equal i am sure.

Jonesy
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
to be fair- I think you have over used the Grass cutting card Danny, as you told me at taly your not a fan of grass tracks any way

I spoke to Jamie at taly and he told me about the jumps Oz now has and how good they are, the club has put a lot of work in to iorn out and past issues

Grass racing is what I grew up with in the North West, I love it!

Chrislong
12-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I can see where Danny is coming from, as the year before last he arrived on the Friday and challenged the length of the grass - the guys pointed out the lawnmower and Danny forfeited the whole evening and cracked on cutting the grass on his own.

So he does have good grounds for his request. But its fair to say, the guys at Oz know what they're doing.. :thumbsup:

Danny McGee
12-05-2009, 02:09 PM

ha,

I was saying that in jest! The people who im talking to know what im on about.

So put your dummies back in!

Gnarly Old Dog
12-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Credit where credit's due.
Danny felt that the grass was too long last year but he was prepared to put his back into it and cut it again himself on the Friday evening when he arrived.

No disrespect meant to any of the club officials who put on a great show last year - just respect to Danny for not just arriving and moaning about a situation that he didn't like - (and also respect to the club for not being offended by his comments or his offer to cut it again to his liking)

I'm sure that Ozfest 09 will be every bit as good as 08 and I'm looking forward to it already.

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
If i remember correctly Danny, Plus a few others i think you where in there to chris said the grass was to long they aggreed that they would help cut it i got the mower and started cutting i did a small ammount then danny had a go while danny was doing it the small group who where meant to be helping him disapeared and left poor danny to it.

A

Gaz_Stanton
12-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Think we've heard enough about the grass now, in jest or otherwise.

Just remember if it's too short and it does rain heavily the track is irrepairably fooked before the end of practice. :thumbdown:

Garry Driffill
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM

IceMike
12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
we CANT hard landscape the bank, so you will get the straight as it comes :P

Wraggy
12-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I NEVER put this, I mearly said somthing along the lines of..

Make sure youre streight is as flat as tarmac so the B44 drivers dont complain / use Losi shocks.

As i said JOKE. :yawn:
cant see anyone laughing and by putting what you have has pretty much singled out 1 person !! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Garry Driffill
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Stu
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Looks like somone has ABUSED there moderator rights here..

Abused?

Garry Driffill
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Garry your original post was removed as i dont want this thread breaking out into a arguement about things that have nothing to do with oswestry national.

A

jono83
12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
by editting garrys post who ever the mod is in here completey changed it to something random

rcracer
12-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Garry your original post was removed as i dont want this thread breaking out into a arguement about things that have nothing to do with oswestry national.

A

Dont worry Ash i will slap his arse and send him to bed early..:lol:, anyway back to your oswestry national thread ;)

Garry Driffill
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
:) Sorry Ash.

Stu
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Is there a venue-related-rules reason why caravans are seperated from tents?

Jonesy
12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm sure Mike or Ash will confirm Stu but it'll be to do with keeping the caravans on the flat ground to the right of the gate I would assume.

I'm sure there is no issues with tents on the right hand side??

IceMike
yer cos tents are noisy and ppl with caravans tend to go down the hill where hookups are.

ashleyb4
We dont like caravans around the track area suposidly it causes interferance. Its just something we do. It also meants the caravans are on the flatter ground so its easier to get on and off.

A

Jonesy
12-05-2009, 07:21 PM
yer cos tents are noisy and ppl with caravans tend to go down the hill where hookups are.

Sounds like a plan to me! Hook-up central. What are the birds like in Oswestry?? Stan, you'll do if all else fails

Northy
12-05-2009, 07:21 PM

Awesome, Mike show me where the electric hookup is this year will you :woot:

Is stu wondering if the world famous 'Vermins tent' can be erected on the flat near our 'vans? :confused:

G

Jonesy
12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Awesome, Mike show me where the electric hookup is this year will you :woot:

Is stu wondering if the world famous 'Vermins tent' can be erected on the flat near our 'vans? :confused:

G

Another reason not to pitch a tent near the caravans if Vermin is down there!

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I would also like to know where the hook up's are mike.

A

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
:) Sorry Ash

Ill forgive you garry.

A

Stu
12-05-2009, 07:29 PM

G

Yes boss - it would be nice if we can be together - :wub

In the years I've been in the 'caravan' area I've not seen a hook-up - didn't know they they were there.

I don't think caravans cause interference, shite electrical installs do that all by themselves.

IceMike
12-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I would also like to know where the hook up's are mike.

A

thought that is wot those things all over the field are?? :confused:

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
No there for speakers for show day.

A

Lee
12-05-2009, 09:47 PM
That would be grass

jono83
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
i have never seen any either ???

ashleyb4
12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I thought they where i opened a few and some where connection points for speakers and a few where mains to the out buildings.

A

andy05
12-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Sounds like a plan to me! Hook-up central. What are the birds like in Oswestry?? Stan, you'll do if all else fails
Hands off jones hes mine unless you fancy a sunday roast?

jono83
12-05-2009, 10:04 PM
LMAO

neiloliver
13-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Re Caravans and interference.. This was a BRCA condition dating back to the first national. Large flat metal surfaces can cause signals to bounce around... so they all have to be behind the line of the rostrum. :thumbsup:

Jonesy
13-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Hands off jones hes mine unless you fancy a sunday roast?

He won't be there on the Sunday dude, Saturday afternoon will have to do, Stan isn't too fused to be fair! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
14-05-2009, 04:48 PM
The ugly bugs...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6020/swscan00032.png (http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscan00032.png)

A

Gaz_Stanton
14-05-2009, 06:26 PM
:o Ha ha! They get a decent sized colour picture in the paper and they use the Jones (and his amazing paint job) in it!! :woot: :lol:
Good effort boys! :thumbsup:

bert digler
14-05-2009, 06:40 PM
The ugly bugs...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6020/swscan00032.png (http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscan00032.png)

A

that aint jonesys car it has windows:lol:

Kopite
15-05-2009, 11:26 AM
He won't be there on the Sunday dude, Saturday afternoon will have to do, Stan isn't too fused to be fair! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i can be there on Sunday for a 'sandwich' if it's on offer

P_B
15-05-2009, 11:45 AM

A

Blimey, St John has fallen on hard times since his show with Greavsie :D

neiloliver
16-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Which paper was that in Ash?

Max Clifford said I would be in 'OK'... :thumbdown:

ashleyb4
16-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Shropshire star.

A

Jonesy
16-05-2009, 07:15 PM
:o Ha ha! They get a decent sized colour picture in the paper and they use the Jones (and his amazing paint job) in it!! :woot: :lol:
Good effort boys! :thumbsup:

Dude that's so harsh!!! great publicity for the club though, something for our PRO to work on over the next few weeks!! (I have passed this on to DC)

MATTY
16-05-2009, 08:05 PM
We sometimes use Kronospan at work.

jono83
16-05-2009, 09:35 PM
So who's coming then? lol

ashleyb4
16-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Ill be there racing both days.

A

Belsten
18-05-2009, 09:11 AM
really looking forward to this, im there both days :thumbsup:

IceMike
20-05-2009, 07:14 PM
I dont know if everyone knows this yet, but we are holding the oswestry Mcc Quiz on the saturday night after all the racing has finnished. so please start thinking of some team names ready!!

Jonesy
20-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I know it's early days BUT the weather is looking decent with the exception of light showers on Sunday

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=Oswestry

I'm sure the forecast will change many times before then though

Danny McGee
20-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I know it's early days BUT the weather is looking decent with the exception of light showers on Sunday

Thats a bit keen sunny boy! I doubt it'll be anything like that but still lets hope the weather does stay really nice. I dont really want to be using anything apart from yellows :)

Belsten
20-05-2009, 08:47 PM

youve cursed it now :woot:

ashleyb4
20-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Looking at friday we will ave to get garath some sun cream.

Looks awsome lets hope it stays dry.

Everything is coming along nicely cut the grass again today.

A

Jonesy
25-05-2009, 06:51 PM
So with only 5 days now until the national and the fact that most regions have had a regional on grass and with the weather looking absolutly fantastic for the whole weekend who is going to win???

Based on regional results on grass can anyone predict any 'suprise' results for this weekend?

IceMike
25-05-2009, 07:18 PM
im thinkin its gunna be a win for the midwest again, stan with the 2wd cos he is mentally fast. and tom for the 4wd, GO MIDWEST!!!

ashleyb4
25-05-2009, 07:23 PM
God where's the faith mike Go team oz!!!

Phil channon for 2wd and jonesy for 4wd.

A

Jonesy
25-05-2009, 07:39 PM
God where's the faith mike Go team oz!!!

Phil channon for 2wd and jonesy for 4wd.

A

I'll take that right now!

Jonesy
25-05-2009, 07:43 PM
im thinkin its gunna be a win for the midwest again, stan with the 2wd cos he is mentally fast. and tom for the 4wd, GO MIDWEST!!!

Stan did look pretty awesome yesterday and his car looked pretty good too (boom, boom)

Based on recent results I think the Mid-West have a great chance this weekend, we'll soon find out...

IceMike
25-05-2009, 07:47 PM
thats y im sayin stan. haha an i thought as ash said where is the faith there that he meant himself. lol

ben
25-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Associated win! Bradders or cragg if he's there for 2wd. Pidge for 4wd :eh?:

Ben

Jonesy
25-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Associated win! Bradders or cragg if he's there for 2wd. Pidge for 4wd :eh?:

Ben

I didn't think Neil is there for this one though I may be wrong? (wouldn't be the first time)

Won't you win Ben?

ben
25-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I didn't think Neil is there for this one though I may be wrong? (wouldn't be the first time)

Won't you win Ben?

If he gets an entry he will be :thumbsup:

I wouldnt like to say :eh?:.. maybe someday

DaveG28
25-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Are some of them not doing full 10th seasons this year? There were a couple of the top guys missing from Taly too?

ben
25-05-2009, 08:32 PM
some are just doing enough to count :)

Lee
25-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Tom Cock put in a bit of a grass masterclass in 2wd on saturday

E for 4wd though after last years performance you would be silly not to think he will be up there.:thumbsup:

blitzboy
27-05-2009, 10:37 PM
any piccies of the track guys :woot:

ashleyb4
27-05-2009, 10:43 PM
No pics blitz you will have to wait until friday afternoon.

A

blitzboy
27-05-2009, 10:53 PM
aw come on , what time s the gate open buddy

IceMike
27-05-2009, 10:55 PM
the gate wil be open all day.

but seriously there are no pics as its not even layed yet so we cant take a pic of nothing

blitzboy
27-05-2009, 10:56 PM
ok cheers mike

Jonesy
27-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm hoping the track would be laid by this time tomorrow as I'm getting involved :p:p

So looking forward to this weekend, going to be so good :thumbsup:

IceMike
27-05-2009, 11:08 PM
its all good mate. we will leave the main job for you jonesy. the rostrum u can move all the 60 pallets

ashleyb4
27-05-2009, 11:24 PM
I was going to say the toilets need a clean. Bring your toothbrush jonesy.

A

Edward
27-05-2009, 11:26 PM

A

Jonesy your getting ordered by ashleyb4... priceless :lol:

niggs98
28-05-2009, 06:08 AM

A

jonsey you just got owned :woot::wtf:

IceMike
28-05-2009, 09:13 AM
haha nice one ash :P

Belsten
28-05-2009, 10:54 AM
weather is looking even better now :thumbsup:

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp?zipcode=Oswestry

super__dan
28-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Best pack the suntan lotion this weekend then after the burning I got last sunday.

tony12795
28-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Some one tell Gareth Stanton :o

He got sun stroke last year building the track and was taken to the hospital.......

Southwell
28-05-2009, 11:46 AM
193 miles :(

RudeTony
28-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Ian - don't break out the shorts - otherwise I will have to wear my real dark sunglasses :o

Southwell
28-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry dude, already packed. :thumbsup: Ill get my suntan in Portugal next week anyway. :D

millzy
28-05-2009, 01:31 PM
dont get the love gut out dude lol

chris68nufc
28-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Anybody not going this weekend please contact the usual people because I'm reserve 1 and I've got quite a distance to travel tomorrow to get to Oz. If I don't get a place I might cry!!

super__dan
28-05-2009, 05:02 PM
You going anyway though Chris? You'd be unlucky not to get in at reserve #1

chris68nufc
28-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Im going anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed that somebody drops out at the last minute. I will make a weekend out of it though even if i dont race!

David Church
28-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I have contacted the Shropshire star and sent them info on this weekends National,(thanks for the tip Jonsey!!!), they said they would try and get it in tomorrows paper, they also may send someone to take photos, and on Monday I will send them a brief race report and some pic's from Jimmy, Please can I have some photos for the newspaper Jimmy??? They also want some photos of local guys with some top drivers, ie, x world champions/European champions and possibly a group photo.

neiloliver
28-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Cheers David, When we were in the Star three years ago it was Jamie Banks and Nick Oliver on the front page, they sent their own guy down and we made it for the Saturday ed.

N

ashleyb4
28-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Yea neil this time they want top drivers :p

Yea would be great to get the star down it would also be nice to have a massive group photo of asmyany people as possible.

A

ashleyb4
28-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Griff, Thumbs you can run your sc10's about on the triangle track but you will be to be careful on the big main jump as there is no carpet but there is a fresh;y mown track which jonesy chucked down.

A

Mrs oOple
29-05-2009, 06:51 AM
http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_4135302

Jonesy
29-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Guys, the track is down the weather is beautiful and only a few things to finish off today and we are going to have one hell of a National weekend!

Thanks already to the Oswestry guys for having me on board, had great fun yesterday setting up and will be there in about 2 hours to finish off!

PS: I am not Ash's bitch!

See you all there

millzy
29-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Im sure the track will be Top Class Jones- have you got any bumps on the straight there are a few in wales still that we could lend you

Cant make it this weekend but have my name down for EPR

Good luck to all of you- and dont slagg off my track when your there lol

oh and Southwell- pull your finger out and make the C this time- both days

neiloliver
29-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I just got back from the track and it is looking great for tomorrow. The weather is sorted. Nothing left to do now but race!

Jonesy
31-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll be the first to comment from the weekend, what a FANTASTIC event and we have once again shown why 1/10th Off Road is the best class that the BRCA has to offer :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Firstly thanks to Oswestry for hosting the event (myself included as a club member), I thought the weekend went very well indeed from the clubs perspective and other than the odd thing everything was fantastic and ran very well. Special thanks also to everyone who took time to thank the Oswestry guys for their efforts, all comments appriciated

Racing was awesome, the track that we designed and laid suited both classes IMO and I took advantage of this to finsih 14th on both days, my 2 best ever National Results :thumbsup:. Thanks to the first 2 nationals I'll be seeded for Eden Park in the Top 3 heats in 2wd!!!

ashleyb4
31-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Guys

Just locked the gate at ozfest at 8.40 (Well i had to go back as i forgot to lock one of the buildings found a padlock in my pocket when i got home :p)

I just want to thank everyone who came i hope you all enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed helping organise and run the event and also enjoyed racing. Was really nice to have people come up to us and thanks us it makes i all worth while.

Here is what remains...

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2854/ozfestremains.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ozfestremains.jpg)

Hope Nathan Ralls gets home ok i heard he had some more car troubles on the way home.

Right im hungry, smelly and tired Im going to go get organised.

A

MikePimlott
31-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Ill second that Jonesy, I really enjoyed the entire weekend. Many thanks all involved.

andy reeves
31-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks to everyone that was involved in creating such a good event. Enjoyed the track today, and the weather was great also :thumbsup:

ben
31-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks to people who helped run the event smoothly, the people at scrutineering did an excellent job.
Jonesy you drove like a hero! Great results :thumbsup:
I felt a bit hard done by in my final, ah well.

Belsten
31-05-2009, 09:17 PM
yup thanks to all the crew, thoroughly enjoyable weekend and my best ever result in 4wd too :thumbsup:

jono83
31-05-2009, 09:18 PM
lol i hope you didnt get annoyed when i had to check your lipo voltage every run on saturday.

GRIFF55
31-05-2009, 09:26 PM
excellent weekend guys, cheers. jumps were a million times better than last year:thumbsup:
just gota ride out this sunburn now:lol:.

Big thanks to jc also for letting (trusting) me to abuse his new creation on sat too:drool:

jono83
31-05-2009, 09:28 PM
the cr2 looked awesome. good result for its first time out

IceMike
31-05-2009, 09:30 PM
yer it was a great day. my best ever result, still wish i had got my forth run round without coming off the main jump cos it could have bin better.

Thank you all for your comments, i hope some of u realised that we did try to take some of the comments and sugestions you made from past years into account.

I would also like to thank the unsung hero of the weekend, stuart!! i dont know if many of u noticed but he was at that computer all weekend non stop prity much, and the many hours that he puts into running a meeting before it even starts. THANK YOU VERY MUCH STU!!!

Bring on EPR!!!

Chrislong
31-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I really enjoyed today, you guys do a really great job and I know there was some critism in the past, but there is none now. Excellent track, venue, facilities and location, and even the sun came out. :thumbsup:

Well done guys!!!! Please apply for a 2010 national!!!! :thumbsup:

Stu Whyman, Charlie Frazer, Paul, the MC's & the refs all do a great job and put a lot of work in that we don't even notice, we just know the event runs smoothly, but they deserve big appreciation.

bigred5765
31-05-2009, 09:58 PM
i would also like to say thanks guys for all the hard work put in, what a brilliant weekend,and yes please put in for a national next year,
PS can we pre book same weather,

ashleyb4
31-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Right ive had 20 minutes sleep im more awake now.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys.

Well my racing 2wd was good was about where i expected. And 4wd was good to but i was robbed in my final :'( Due to the marshall not paying attention When i was in the lead with a good gap atleast i lost to, two awsome people GO DC and Andy Mountford.

Chris Charlie wasnt there :'( I was gutted Charlie is a ledgend.

A

Southwell
31-05-2009, 10:43 PM
excellent weekend guys, cheers. jumps were a million times better than last year:thumbsup:
just gota ride out this sunburn now:lol:.

Big thanks to jc also for letting (trusting) me to abuse his new creation on sat too:drool:

What did my PM say Friday? :woot: Well done mate.

Also well done to all at the club. Excellent weekend.

Extreme
31-05-2009, 11:12 PM
ok so who won 4wd today then? top 3 if poss
thanks

Body Paint
31-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Well done guys, absoloutly brilliant track. Hose was perfect size and track flowed really well, I recon that could well be a contender for the best National of the season.

Managed my best combined results ever, 17 and 13... no way that orange car was coming past me again :woot:

David Church
01-06-2009, 05:29 AM
Top3, Martin, Yardy, Bradders??? I think, not 100% sure, I am sure someone will correct.

BIG thanks to the Oswestry club for a great weekends racing, can't fault 1 thing!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Also thanks to the BRCA officials that come to these event free of charge to run these meetings, you are the un-sung hero's!!!!!

Also many thanks to the ref's and help with the MC-ing!!!!! The 2 Tony's made my weekend much easier, thanks!!!!

And it was great to see the Shropshire Star newspaper there, can't wait to see the article, and it shows this sort of thing is helping our sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neiloliver
01-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Big thumbs up for our scrutineers, many of whom had never done the job before or were U13 drivers! :thumbsup:

Jono, James, Sho, Theresa, Dave, Phil, Kate, Morgan, Mrs Hart, Ruth, Laura, Jack.. I hope I did not miss anyone!

Jonesy
01-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Well done guys, absoloutly brilliant track. Hose was perfect size and track flowed really well, I recon that could well be a contender for the best National of the season.

Managed my best combined results ever, 17 and 13... no way that orange car was coming past me again :woot:

Craig, you can not believe how much I wanted past you on that last lap!!! :D

Chequered Flag Racing
01-06-2009, 07:22 AM
the cr2 looked awesome. good result for its first time out

hope Jimmy got some pics to post

Chequered Flag Racing
01-06-2009, 07:24 AM
hope Jimmy got some pics to post

:blush: just found them

Stu
01-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Pics - really?

Looking forward to the report. It may be mostly serious business this time as Vicky was feeling a bit under the weather with a head cold and the heat of the day, so we didn't do some of the mad stuff we planned but it'll wait for EPR-II.

DCM
01-06-2009, 07:48 AM
:blush: just found them

where??

niggs98
01-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Hi Guys

Hope Nathan Ralls gets home ok i heard he had some more car troubles on the way home.

A

finally got in at 5.30am this morning after 4 aa van changes. at least i have the proper fault codes for the car etc etc. am absolutely knackered so for once am glad to have the monday off

thanks to all at ozfest. was great to have a racers track with sensible jumps, nice to see all the moans on here were taken the right way and acted on. hope 2010 is as good :thumbsup:

Garry Driffill
01-06-2009, 08:19 AM
where??

Yea!

Fabs
01-06-2009, 09:00 AM
where??

I second that !

Richard Lowe
01-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Another well done to all involved, the track was awesome this year! Loved the tabletop in front of the rostrum, the profile was spot on with the little kicker at the top :thumbsup:

More of the same next time please :D

blitzboy
01-06-2009, 09:25 AM
well done to all that were involved , top meeting and loved every minute of it will see ya all at epr ,,, big thanks t dc for all you promo work for me buddy and nathan ralls top weekend , i had a hoot and enjoyed every minute of it
really looking forward to epr now so see ya soon guys :thumbsup:10 out of 10 really nice track from the oz gang roll on for 2010

PaulUpton
01-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Yep great weekend, only my 2nd off road national, enjoyed it alot, geat track, well run by the guys, great stuff!!!

Chrislong
01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey Ash, I know he wasn't there, but I know Charlie does a lot behind the scenes away from the track so I'll always include him when im dishing out appreciation. :lol:

ashleyb4
01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Yea know what you mean Chris They are the unsung hero's.

Here are some pictures taken by Mike's dad from his plane look awsome...

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2974/sunp0089.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sunp0089.jpg)
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/sunp0089.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img190/sunp0089.jpg/1/)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7109/sunp0093.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sunp0093.jpg)
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/sunp0093.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img193/sunp0093.jpg/1/)

A

bigred5765
01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
ace i can see my car from there ,lol

IceMike
01-06-2009, 10:49 AM
sorry awefull camera i know, but it was the only one they had at the time.

Fabs
01-06-2009, 11:09 AM
I can see the place where we went to saturday night:thumbsup:

GRIFF55
01-06-2009, 11:13 AM
i can see the belsten love bus!!:thumbsup:

Body Paint
01-06-2009, 11:25 AM
i can see the belsten love bus!!:thumbsup:

there is a big brown 0 next to it :woot:

blitzboy
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
mmmm wonder what that was from , wre you guys running your sc 10s over there or something

GRIFF55
01-06-2009, 11:57 AM

your a bad man harris! you and bavid had a cracking day yesterday. Roll on the welshies:thumbsup:

Belsten
01-06-2009, 12:17 PM

pmsl, didnt even notice that on the weekend

your a bad man harris! you and bavid had a cracking day yesterday. Roll on the welshies:thumbsup:

deffo, hoping to do even better at epr :thumbsup:

jimmy
01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
OOPS - has anyone got Richard Coates email addy or number? I have his black losi springs and need to get them back to him.

Northy
01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
OOPS - has anyone got Richard Coates email addy or number? I have his black losi springs and need to get them back to him.

What about my Black Losi Springs? :confused:

G

jimmy
01-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Well since Rich's came off his car and he made me promise to give them back at the end of the day - and you're were your spare set, I thought I might be OK to give yours back at Blyth next time I see you?
Don't get offended G, I still love you and you're springs are important to me also :lol: If you want me to post them so you have them this week it's no problem boss.

MattADH
01-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Did anyone pick up the 4WD tech chart that was left in race control on Sunday? I totally forgot about it until this morning when I found the 2WD one!

TIA

Jonesy
01-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Did anyone pick up the 4WD tech chart that was left in race control on Sunday? I totally forgot about it until this morning when I found the 2WD one!

TIA

Matt,

I believe Stu Whyman took it with him

Jonesy

IceMike
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
i was 2 busy hurtin myself on the wagon to notice one of them :(

MattADH
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Matt,

Jonesy

Thanks Andy

Must have been brain fade on my part caused by too much sun!

ashleyb4
01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Where in the paper...

Craig was on the front page

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9206/swscan00039.png (http://img188.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscan00039.png)
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/swscan00039.png/1/w555.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img188/swscan00039.png/1/)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8846/swscan00036.png (http://img268.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscan00036.png)
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/swscan00036.png/1/w0.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img268/swscan00036.png/1/)

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8131/swscan00037.png (http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscan00037.png)
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/swscan00037.png/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img46/swscan00037.png/1/)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4608/swscan00038.png (http://img189.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscan00038.png)
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/swscan00038.png/1/w458.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img189/swscan00038.png/1/)

A

dbizzle5
01-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Here are the vids I did on Saturday. Leg 1 and 3 of the A Final. Couldnt do the 2nd leg as was marshalling it! Sorry.

leg 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THixIgjO-aI

leg 3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM_LbbNPpA4&feature=channel_page

AmiSMB
01-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Really enjoyed watching leg 1 looking forward to seeing leg 2 :)

bigred5765
01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
and one of my spray jobs front page go on

dbizzle5
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
leg 3 now added. Sorry I havnt done leg 2 as I was marshalling but Phil Sleigh took the win so its all to play for in the last leg. I think any 1 of 6 could of took the overall win.

David Church
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
That's great newspaper coverage!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup :

Barry Williams
01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Well done to all at Oswestry Club & the BRCA, another superb event, been to Oz for the last few years & it gets better every time
Top job lads, hope to return next year

Barry

jono83
01-06-2009, 08:37 PM
you're always welcome to come back anytime guys

chris68nufc
01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
My first ever national this weekend. Awesome job done by both the club and the BRCA. Very impressed.

Jonesy
01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Guys, as said before thanks very much for all the positive feedback on the National. It certainly means so much to all involved at Oswestry

cajones75
01-06-2009, 10:04 PM
and one of my spray jobs front page go on

Hope I get a discount after giving you that kind of coverage!:thumbsup:

Again thanks for all the feed back, it makes all those long hours we all put into the event well worth it :D

We have just finished taking down the large table top tonight, only the small jump and lorry trailer left!!

stuartw
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Matt,

Jonesy

Thanks Andy

Must have been brain fade on my part caused by too much sun!

Yeah. I have it Matt, I will try to photo copy it and send it to you with the results overnight, but will bring the original to Eden Park anyway.

_sleigh_
05-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Anyone seen any photos from Oswestry??

bigred5765
05-06-2009, 07:52 AM
lol they got stuck behind the filing cabinet with the EPR report lol sorry had to be done ill get my coat,

IceMike
05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
not seen anything yet :(

ashleyb4
05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Ive got lots but struggerling to find time to upload them.

A

Jonesy
05-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Ive got lots but struggerling to find time to upload them.

A

As if you're busy!

neiloliver
06-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Im working on it, i have just selected my fav 100 out of all the ones I took... they will be uploaded somewhere soon... watch this space...

neiloliver
06-06-2009, 10:19 AM
http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk135/neiloliver/Oswestry%202009%20National/?albumview=slideshow

:thumbsup: