PDA

View Full Version : Brushed is old hat and so last week

FifteenthNeo
14-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Im sat here at the moment with my lil'ol B4 inf ront of me with its nice blue LRP Sphere ESC and a brushless motor installed. Im real pleased with it at the moment and its serving me well.

Then I look across and see my spangly new XX4WE which hasnt been run yet. But, in this buggy I have fitted a new Novak GTX brushed ESC. I want to get a good motor for it, perhaps a Checkpoint or V2.

My problem arises when I go to look for a brushed motor (undecided what turn etc, any ideas?) . I have this thought in my head, as wrong as it is, telling me that brushed motors are on a decline and that I should be looking for a brushless setup for the XX4WE instead and sell the GTX.

I'm being a bit of a wally on this front, are'nt I:confused:

Please discuss :rolleyes:

mark christopher
14-02-2007, 10:06 AM
got to say i have gone from brused to less and would never go back, what does concern me is the wet weather! will we see brushed being fitted for the wet?

Spencer Mulcahy
14-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Put the brushless in the xx4 and brushed in the B4 thats what I am doing and I think most people are going to do. The 4wd will protect the motor a bit better from the eliments.

FifteenthNeo
14-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Good point, didnt think of that one :o

Northy
14-02-2007, 01:02 PM
So whats the problem with brushless in wet weather?

G

super__dan
14-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Spencer, I agree if I had one of both I would defo run the brushed in 2wd and the brushless in 4wd as that will take loads more hammer.

Adam skelding was saying it's vital you silicone sealant the ends of the sensor plugs as water in there can cause it to not run correctly. No big deal like, easy to do!

Northy
14-02-2007, 01:19 PM
No need on the Novak ;)

DCM
14-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Adam skelding was saying it's vital you silicone sealant the ends of the sensor plugs as water in there can cause it to not run correctly. No big deal like, easy to do!

Hey Dan, we won't have that problem.....