PDA

View Full Version : Charging Lipo batterys

Cahill+Son
13-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I have just bought a LRP pulse R3 charger and a Orion Lipo battery.

I am having problems getting it charged.
The shop i got it from said it comes fully charged so i ran it for a while to partly discharge it.

But now when i try and charge it on the settings the instructions of the charger say it just says it is fully charged and wont charge.
It is obviously not fully charged as the car is not running as fast as it was when i first put the Lipo in.

I just wondering if any one had the same charger who knows what there doing or if anyone can help me at all as i am new lipos.

Any help will be brilliant

Thanks
Nick Cahill

Bungleaio
13-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Just a couple of questions:

Have you got a lipo cut off on your speedo? What is the voltage of the lipo?

Cahill+Son
13-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Just a couple of questions:

Have you got a lipo cut off on your speedo? What is the voltage of the lipo?

Erm am not sure about the cut off and the voltage of the battery is 7.4

The speedo is a Novak Gtb

Nick

Bungleaio
13-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Is the battery reading 7.4v? if you've discharged it below 6v then the battery might be done for. There are possible ways to recover it but it could be dangerous and it's not recommended.

The gtb should have a lipo cut off unless it's an original one, I suggest you dig the manual out and set that on the speedo.

I've never used a lrp pulsar charger but it looks simple enough to use, just make sure it's set to charge a 2s 7.4v lipo and it's .only being charged at 1c. So if it's a 3800mah battery charge it at 3.8 amps

neiloliver
13-05-2009, 08:52 PM
If the OCV is 7.4V then I dont think it is the battery. Even if the battery was discraged below 6V it wont instantly kill it.. Discharging below 6V and leaving it there can result in internal shorts being created but it is not an instant death.. I should imagine the charger is not correctly set up..

Neil