PDA

View Full Version : recommend a 40mhz transmitter set please?

autonm
13-05-2009, 08:07 PM
as title says basically...

Im looking for a 40mhz transmitter & receiver to run on a B44 buggy. Needs to be sticks, not 'wheel'.

Also not sure if you can get a crystal-less one as well, instead of old-style colour crystals.

I have seen the "FUTABA 3GR 3CH STICK RADIO" for around £110, just wondering if theres much else out there?

thanks

DomRC
18-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I have seen the "FUTABA 3GR 3CH STICK RADIO" for around £110, just wondering if theres much else out there?

I couldn't find much else with sticks for this kind of price, and its a really good value bit of kit. I think you can go a bit more expensive to get the same radio with a crystalless 40 Mhz high frequency receiver (quicker signal) or even more to get the all singing and dancing 2.4Ghz version.

To be honest, I'm finding the basic £110 version plenty for club racing. You only need the rx crystals as the tx is synthesized (i.e. just dial in the frequency on the screen)

:thumbsup:

autonm
18-05-2009, 06:58 PM
thanks for the reply.. ive ordered the above mentioned futaba set yesterday... so hopefully delivered tomorrow, I'll give everyone some feedback on what I think of the set.