PDA

View Full Version : about to begin build B44 - any advice?

autonm
14-05-2009, 09:05 PM
new B44 arrived today... :thumbsup:

Now the task of building it !:woot:

Any advice before I start?? anything to look out for? or is it as simple as follow the instructions.

Also on avg how many hours has it taken people to build?? (not including tweaking the setup after).

thanks

bert digler
14-05-2009, 09:12 PM
new B44 arrived today... :thumbsup:

Now the task of building it !:woot:

Any advice before I start?? anything to look out for? or is it as simple as follow the instructions.

Also on avg how many hours has it taken people to build?? (not including tweaking the setup after).

thanks

do it by the book mate takes me a week to build a car pay attention to diffs and drivetrain use setup from cml site ensure gears are free and clean of any flashing apart from that enjoy great car

Lightblue
14-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I would recommend using green slime on the shock o-rings instead of the shock oil as suggested in the manual. I personally found the shocks smoother this way.

Use a ball ended allen driver for the motor screws. The kit supplied Allen key lacks the ability to apply any major pressure.

It's optional, but it might be worth getting some RPM ball cups before you build.

Finally, there's an awesome article on how to build the associated shocks perfectly (somewhere on the forum)

Awesome buggy- enjoy!!