PDA

View Full Version : Major work party - Saturday 6 June

MattADH
17-05-2009, 11:00 AM
We have decided to have a major work party at the track on Saturday 6 June - two weeks before the national. Our aim on this day is to have a go at the track area - cleaning, sweeping, trimming, etc.

One of our primary aims is to tidy up and fix the concrete walkway that is breaking up under the rostrum. We would like to start early in order to allow enough time for the concrete to go off. Another idea is to hire a second petrol strimmer so that the weeds and grass edges can be tidied up in preparation for painting a few weeks later.

It is our intention NOT to paint on Sat 6 as we are hosting a 4WD regional the day after. We will be spending the following Saturday and Sunday (13th and 14th) trackside painting the rostrum, track markers, etc - making everything look pretty. Please note any help over these two days as well would be most appreciated...

For the record, Steve myself and others are planning to be at the track from Wednesday 17 June for the duration of the event, This will be the first opportuity to put up the signage, banners, arrange delivery of the portable toilet, etc.

It would be great if people can pass this message on to others who may be able to support the club and if you are able to attend, please drop me a mail so I can get an idea of numbers.

Tea and coffee will be on tap for that added incentve and I am sure that we will do a cafe run for some lunch too!

Many thanks

EPR

brookie
31-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Been to the track today to start the preparation for next Saturdays work party, strimming and weed killing the area we are going to repair.

Can I re-iterate Matt's request for as much assistance as we can possibly muster next Saturday 06 June, the following weekend 13/14 June and the days leading up to the National, from Wednesday 17 June.

The good news is that we have nowhere near as much work as we had to do for the 2008 National, the bad news is that there is still all the routine stuff still to do, some minor track maintenance, strimming, painting and and final preparation for the 'main' event on 20/21 June.

Hope to see as many of you as possible there next Saturday, as Matt has said, refreshments will be available for all entusiatic helpers, please bring any tools you may think useful.

Steve

Sicknote
31-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Spose you better count me in, so i can finish me painting !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

savageman25
31-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Ill be there for the 6th june workparty and im 95% sure that ive got a strimmer i can bring as well:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Cant come following weekend though as im trying out my new autograss car at smallfields

kwik
31-05-2009, 09:02 PM
i would love to come down and help, though i have never been there. i will be racing there as soon as my GCSE's are over and i think showing up and showing my comitmet is important.

not sure how realistic it is just asking my mum "hey can i go to a club half an hour away that iv never been to, to help them prepare for a big event", but ill try my best.

brookie
31-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Everybody's welcome, Members (obviously and especially) and non-members, young and old alike.

We'll find supervised work for all, we have a plan and have most of the equipment we need and can share with all parties.

So if you think you can spare us some time, even if it only be a few hours just come on down.
We'll be posting final arrangements later in the week when we've co-ordinated deliveries and individuals!

See you all there!

savageman25
01-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Just made sure today, and ive got second strimmer to bring aalong, only thing is is that its got no strimmer wire, any left in scrutineering at all, as its the same size as the one thats allready down there as i brought this one along before the lat national:thumbsup:
Could i get a lift down with you steve please?
Ive also got a spare petrol lawwn mower if thats anygood, only problem though is that its missing the rear bucket that collects all the grass

tiny tom
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
[quote=savageman25;248584]Just made sure today, and ive got second strimmer to bring aalong,
So can I see you going ape, because I will be up there. What time are we meeting?

MattADH
02-06-2009, 11:56 AM
[quote=savageman25;248584]Just made sure today, and ive got second strimmer to bring aalong,
So can I see you going ape, because I will be up there. What time are we meeting?

We are looking for an early start due to the concreting we have to do so some of us will get there around 9am but we would be with any help so get there as and when you can.

Thanks

tiny tom
02-06-2009, 05:48 PM
See you at 9am and Anne has done a video for you, for Eden Park. And you can have a copy this Sunday with A Losi Driver falling over on the race way!

niggs98
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
that will be a certain mr mcgoo i think lol

abray
03-06-2009, 07:28 AM
See you there all - I may even dust off the wallet and get some ice creams!!

David Church
03-06-2009, 07:33 AM
I will be there unless I am working, won't know till Friday.

savageman25
03-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Just found out i cant come to the workparty ths weekend as im working all weekend :cry::cry::cry:

cwilson
03-06-2009, 11:11 PM
i will defintly be there. shame you cant come savman. btw whos strimmer was you going to be borrowing and will they let me borrow it insted so we can still have 2 down there. you know so we can get things down in double quick time.

savageman25
04-06-2009, 08:09 PM
i will defintly be there. shame you cant come savman. btw whos strimmer was you going to be borrowing and will they let me borrow it insted so we can still have 2 down there. you know so we can get things down in double quick time.
It was your dad's strimmer.:thumbsup:

brookie
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Unlike last time we made this call can we please ensure that any equipment brought (and I'm particularly refering to you, Laurence & Charles:mad:) is in working order and ready to go!

We will not have time to mess around trying to get powered tools working!:thumbdown:
Time is short and we have a list of things to do both for Sunday's meeting and the National.
Thanks again to all those that have offered there services and/or equipment, see you there!