PDA

View Full Version : Bumpy astro turf track - anti squat

mikeyscott
17-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Looked at the rear of my car and found it's running 0 anti squat. Judging by the manual I assume that's right?

jono83
17-05-2009, 01:32 PM
it depends on what handling characteristics you want more anti squat adjust the up and down angle of the hinge pins tiltng the hinge pins so the rear points down increases forward bite and reduces side bite but will accelrate better through bumps. raising the rear of the hinge pins does the opposite reduces forward bte but increase side bite makes it jump flatter and better accelartion in smooth flat areas

i believe the kit standard setup for a b4 would be 2 degrees

on my x6 with no shims its 4 degrees

mikeyscott
17-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I've got no shims installed at the moment. I'm hoping for a trishbits block for the rear shortly, so it'll be coming apart again. Yes 2 degrees is the kit standard

jono83
17-05-2009, 05:54 PM
the ghea ones are quite good too.

www.rymartracing.co.uk (http://www.rymartracing.com)i think

RudeTony
18-05-2009, 07:55 AM
it depends on what handling characteristics you want more anti squat adjust the up and down angle of the hinge pins tiltng the hinge pins so the rear points down increases forward bite and reduces side bite but will accelrate better through bumps. raising the rear of the hinge pins does the opposite reduces forward bte but increase side bite makes it jump flatter and better accelartion in smooth flat areas

i believe the kit standard setup for a b4 would be 2 degrees

on my x6 with no shims its 4 degrees

Sorry to argue but over the years, I have found anti-squat makes no difference is side bit at all or how a car jumps. My general rule is zero anti-squat on a flat track and more anti-squat if accelarating through bumpy sections. If off the power through bumpy sections then no need to adjust from the zero point. Like I said I have never noticed a difference in side bite....

Southwell
18-05-2009, 08:02 AM
The only thing i have noticed is how well the car can accelerate through the bumps, the more antisquat, the better it will go through the bumps, but you will lose out elsewhere. I remember a couple of years ago we ended up on 4 degrees antisquat when the track got bad, but when it got extremelly bumpy we went back to zero because you wern't accelerating half as much when the bumps turned in to mini jumps.

mikeyscott
18-05-2009, 08:21 AM
I may inrease the anti squat to 1 degree and go from there. Anyone heard from trish?

jono83
18-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Sorry to argue but over the years, I have found anti-squat makes no difference is side bit at all or how a car jumps. My general rule is zero anti-squat on a flat track and more anti-squat if accelarating through bumpy sections. If off the power through bumpy sections then no need to adjust from the zero point. Like I said I have never noticed a difference in side bite....

i copied it straight from the x6 setup section in the manual lol