PDA

View Full Version : Arial tube falling out - glue it in?

mikeyscott
22-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Do any of you glue you arial tubes in on the B4?

Lowie
22-05-2009, 02:21 PM
no but i've seen people drilling a little hole in the arial-holder en screwing it tight with a litle screw (like the ones used for securing a pignon)

blue_pinky
22-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Since I've been running 2.4 ghz I've hidden the aerial wire inside the car (wrapped/taped around the receiver with the very end portion of the wire exposed on the side and the sensitive end section facing away from the esc/power wiring), and not bothered with an external aerial tube at all.

My brother uses the spektrum system and I'm fairly sure he's got his aerial wire taped to the top of his Rx, and has had no issues either to my knowledge as I think he still uses that approach.

I tested it in isolation first and have been running like this with the Futaba system, indoors and a couple of outdoor meetings for 18 months or so now and never had any reception issues at all.

I think from your other posts you mention your on 2.4ghz...so could be worth trying?

...Unless anyone else has a different experience of trying it?

I've always wondered if it would cause an issue at a very big/busy meeting but haven't tested that scenario out as yet.

mikeyscott
22-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Yes I am on a KO/Spektrum 2.4Ghz system. I'll see about getting the wires kept inside the car etc.

bondy
22-05-2009, 03:24 PM
If you need to glue it use hot glue gun ! They are cheap from halfords etc and when you come ti get it out " you can " :thumbsup:

emtee
22-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I've used Shoo-goo (good for shell repairs too!) as it remains flexible, but I've used bath sealant in the past too...!

I have tried hot glue too but it tends to dry hard and inflexible... (inflexible? is that a real word?)

Lowie
22-05-2009, 03:47 PM
when using my spektrum-system with my B4 (loooong time ago), I used a simple short arial, that I bend from one side of the car (arial-mount) to the left side of the car, taking a high bend over the battery. It was so low, I could easely fit the body over it ... and I didn't need to fix the arial in any way.
I sold my B4, otherwise I would post some pics about it.

Southwell
22-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I used to just drop some glue in the hole, let it dry completely then push inthe aerial tube. You must remember to let it dry or you will end up cutting your aerial off and having to re-wire your receiver.

danDanEFC
22-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I use 2.4 and I just rolled the aerial wire up and keep it in the body.

burgie
22-05-2009, 09:45 PM
use threadlock.....it's sticky enough to hold it in, put slippy enough for you to pull it out when you want to.

ooo-err :o