PDA

View Full Version : Piston stop tool

Garry Driffill
22-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone got one of these for Nitro engines?

Brass waiting :)

Dunc
22-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I've got an Edit one I don't need.

It has not been used because the engine I had runs turbo plugs so it wouldn't fit (because of the taper)!

Garry Driffill
22-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Cool, Never thought of sizing on the engine like that. It's for my Picco P3 .21 - B

Plug wise it suits or is running currently a Novarossi C4 Plug

Would be work ok? :lol:

If so name youre price pal

Dunc
22-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Just sent a PM.

Garry Driffill
22-05-2009, 09:09 PM
All sorted thanks, Cheers Andy - You're money has been sent bud.

Cheers!! :D

Please close thread.

Bungleaio
22-05-2009, 09:16 PM
These put serious strain on the conrod, be careful when you are using these. I used to removed the carb and put the end of a toothbrush in to lock the crank.

Garry Driffill
22-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Ok mate, Thanks for the advice. I'll go steady with it then :)

bigred5765
22-05-2009, 11:46 PM
took the words from my mouth,if its to remove the fly wheel be very carefull.

showtime
23-05-2009, 07:07 AM
been doing nitro for years & i've never needed to lock the engine like that :confused:
if you're tightening or loosening the flywheel nut just hold the flywheel with some grips/pipe wrench or if you're into buying daft tools one of the flywheel holding tools. they do ones that use the clutch pins or band type that you tighten round the flywheel like an oil filter wrench.
personally i just use some grips :)

bigred5765
23-05-2009, 12:04 PM
that sounds like the best plan

mark christopher
23-05-2009, 01:21 PM
garry, been in nitro for years, dont use it the seriously bugger engines, excess load on crank pin and rod, dont either ever use pipe grips, another way to knacker your engine bearings, they damage the flywheel and send em out of balance, and at thirty odd thousand rpm, soon kills bearings, buy a proper flywheel holding tool (also has a wheel nut spaner on end off some)

Garry Driffill
23-05-2009, 02:02 PM
When coming to tighten the flywheel nut up i get so far and grip the flywheel and with that as im tightening up becuase of the bite the engine 'Pops' on turn over..

Its a, well 3 tank old engine if that though so its not like it has poor compression or anything, You know so it's not like turning over really easy or anything.

showtime
23-05-2009, 02:14 PM
ha ha. using grips on your flywheel can knacker your engine bearings :lol:

priceless http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/showtime777/tosser.gif

mark christopher
23-05-2009, 05:59 PM

well there is a tool for every job, you must be able to do all jobs, your the biggest tool on here.......... It not the grips that can lead to bearing failure, its the out of balance flywheel, if you had an ounce of mechanical or engineering sence in your head you would know that, , mind you from your posts there is not allot of it in you, oh and the jesture, total out of order on this form.

Just ask any top engine builder if a damaged or out of balane fly wheel is good for an engine.

rcracer
23-05-2009, 06:49 PM

Dont realy think that gesture was needed , people can have veiws on each others opinions on things but been abusive isnt what people want to see / read :thumbdown:
Thread closed as garry is sorted.