PDA

View Full Version : hamilton

mark christopher
23-05-2009, 12:16 PM
wat a muppet, so what do you guys say to an amature crash in qual, who said he was good........?

Body Paint
23-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Haha! No bid from me.... I don't want him :lol:

ashleyb4
23-05-2009, 12:18 PM
How much?

A

Urzrkymn
23-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Do you accept paypal?

bigred5765
23-05-2009, 12:24 PM
depends how much your willing to pay me to take him of your hands,?

jordi15
23-05-2009, 12:56 PM
wat a muppet, so what do you guys say to an amature crash in qual, who said he was good........?

You would have put it on pole then Mark? mmmmmm:eh?:

Dont you just love that British "if in doubt knock em down" mentality!

PTRU
23-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I would have him in my team any day of the week Great talent

telboy
23-05-2009, 02:56 PM
What makes me laugh, is, why didn't anyone make a topic called 'Massa' and slag him off for crashing on his first out lap?

Ok Hamilton planted it into the barriers, but at least it was a mistake made on his 'flying' lap!

...everyone makes mistakes.:)

bigred5765
23-05-2009, 03:01 PM
but massa isn't British,I'm sure he will be on some foreign forum some were being slated,
i think its more the disappointment in your own lads kinda thing,you know what its like when you stub your toe, you don't say, a well never mind you usually shout o f+++ you t+++, but your not really calling your toe that are you?

telboy
23-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm sure Hamilton was muttering those very words Carl, under his helmet.:)

bigred5765
23-05-2009, 03:11 PM
lol and some :)

JohnM
23-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Lewis is just having the year he should've had in 07, his first two years in F1 have been way too easy for him, your supposed to have to earn the good results.

qatmix
23-05-2009, 05:48 PM
I think all the years of racing he did before helped him to learn to win. That's why he has become the talented driver he is now. Personally I like how he is always on the edge, that's why he is fast and sometimes makes mistakes.

I just find it strange how people seem to hate him so much, Being a fan of F1 for over 30 years I've never known people to get that aggressive to any F1 driver. Especially to one who is fast, came from humble beginnings with the support of his dad, and always admits his failings and complements others on their success.

DCM
23-05-2009, 06:24 PM
at least he admitted to the mistake, and at least he was going 'maximum best' when he did, there are far far worse drivers on the grid, and I would say, not many that are better.

Southwell
23-05-2009, 06:37 PM
He out performed Alonso on many occasions who is 'the best on the grid' he outperforms Heikki 90% of the time, he has been pushing the car beyond it's limits all season. He's gonna make a mistake eventually, allbeit a stupid one by just being out of the camber groove.
To me i will support any British driver, as i have done for years with Button, but whenever a Brit seems to be doing well we seem to slate them and cheer when they make mistakes, i don't get it. :confused:

emtee
23-05-2009, 06:52 PM
LH has served his time and deserves every bit of success... maybe its the sicko "'cos he's bl*ck.." mentality that does it! (Personally I hated Stewart 'cos 'e was a jock...'n he had tartan on his helmet!!) LH is a man on the edge 'n mistakes can always creep in with that...that's what is exciting about watching him... he drives that maclaren like a cart!!! he feels his car, not like a lot of the others who rely solely on geometry and a computer... I have enjoyed his career so far and I hope he wins again and again... 'n he's English not a "Brit"... that makes me proud! go Jenson, go Lewis... if only they both piloted Brawn's my F1 viewing life would be complete... :thumbsup:

DaveG28
23-05-2009, 07:03 PM
He out performed Alonso on many occasions who is 'the best on the grid' he outperforms Heikki 90% of the time, he has been pushing the car beyond it's limits all season. He's gonna make a mistake eventually, allbeit a stupid one by just being out of the camber groove.
To me i will support any British driver, as i have done for years with Button, but whenever a Brit seems to be doing well we seem to slate them and cheer when they make mistakes, i don't get it. :confused:

I know we seem to think it's a British thing, but sadly most country's treat their stars the same.

I really rate Hamilton as a driver, but yeah I do join in the slating a bit because I think he is too keen to play the victim (like his "I feel like an innocent man in jail" when he was guilty and hadn't had too bad a punishment!), I dunno, I guess I find it a little cynical.

Was a bit amateur today though, surprised he didn't choose to go straight into the little escape road and reverse out (they still have reverse?), but everyone of them does it at some point, most famously Senna!

In fac, I remember hearing a story that Senna flew in for the first test at Silverstone one year after track changes, went out on hid out lap and arrived at Club flat out and had a bit if an accident! Now that's embarassing, and from a legend!!

telboy
23-05-2009, 09:46 PM
In fac, I remember hearing a story that Senna flew in for the first test at Silverstone one year after track changes, went out on hid out lap and arrived at Club flat out and had a bit if an accident! Now that's embarassing, and from a legend!!

Never heard that one before.:confused:

Personally find it a bit of a strange one. If he'd got all the way round to club he would've noticed changes to the track already. So if anything, had he not known that the track had been changed, he would've questioned it at becketts? as that was the first change to the track on a lap.
I'd also find it strange that the team didn't notify him, if they knew he hadn't driven the revised layout.

DaveG28
23-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Never heard that one before.:confused:

Personally find it a bit of a strange one. If he'd got all the way round to club he would've noticed changes to the track already. So if anything, had he not known that the track had been changed, he would've questioned it at becketts? as that was the first change to the track on a lap.
I'd also find it strange that the team didn't notify him, if they knew he hadn't driven the revised layout.

It was in one of the biography's. The team had told him, he forgot part way round the lap (hence why he got that far), the point the book was making (if I remember) was just how turned off to f1 he was over the winters in Brazil.

No idea if it's true mind, I read a couple of Senna biographies and only heard it in the one!

quincey
23-05-2009, 10:36 PM
he aint as good a real race driver as you were hey dave!:)

bondy
24-05-2009, 04:24 PM
His brother Nicholas drove better the other week at Truggy national ! :thumbsup:

He even won a final and got a trophy ! :woot:

Bet he was going na na na na to lewis all week ! that probably put him off ! HE HE HE :lol:

Alfonzo
24-05-2009, 06:14 PM
He finished 12th, pretty good considering. He can do no wrong in my eyes, watching him in '07 & '08 was a joy, he's given me some of the best F1 watching for 15 years.

JonyNitro
25-05-2009, 09:02 AM
lewis's last two seasons were spot on even is debut season he should of won the title,at china ?? stupid tyres. but oh this is a tough one for him.maybe is the car I don't know. But what about jenson? I can't believe it thought he was a gonner, but what a surprise.

kwik
25-05-2009, 11:12 AM
the odds of jenson to win at the bookies was 100:1 .... realy should of made a bet of atleast a tenner.....

SlowOne
25-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Can I start a "Mark Christopher is c**p!" thread? I remember him trying to drive a 12th car, and he had his 'Hamilton' moment at every other corner!! :D :D

LH is a great driver, as witnessed by him beating Heikki into a cocked hat every GP. JB isn't half bad either, as that Brawn looks every inch the car Rubens had at Ferrari when they had to tell him to let Schui win - and JB has his measure! Good year so far - if JB is 20 points or more ahead by the end of the British GP, the odds will go to 'on', not 'against'!!

SlowOne
26-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Ross Brawn says JB is showing some of the same character traits as Schumi - now that's high praise from a man who usually says nothing! Ross says "Rubens has had his occasions when he beat Michael and he was a pretty strong reference," - now didn't someone else say that... on the post above... 24 hours before Ross...;)

Go Jenson!! :thumbsup:

mark christopher
26-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Can I start a "Mark Christopher is c**p!" thread? I remember him trying to drive a 12th car, and he had his 'Hamilton' moment at every other corner!! :D :D

some big difference, I am not paid milions to race for a team, nor do i claim to be a top driver, nor am i in the public eye, my dad does not follow me racing bigging me up with attitude when it suits,
pete please get your facts right, was every other corner:lol:

my point was that he suposedly had a better car and is good round the track, now to me a world champ would have put a banker in to get to the next qual session, not park it into a wall.

tel massa aint "british" and in the british public eye, bet if he had not got away with it he would have been slated on other forums

button may have been goosed this year but he had shown what he can do with a good car,his qual run for pole was not just down to car, man and machine in harmony.....................Go jenson

even as a merc owner, allways ben a fan or Richard Branson and what he does, to see him revieled as the "sleeping" partner made my year

_JP_
26-05-2009, 11:43 PM

Come on everyone is aloud an off day, I'm not a big fan of Lewis, yea it was nice to see a Brit doing well, but for me Jenson seems a nice guy and deserves to get some wins and poles for once.

Lewis must be under tremendous pressure now, current world champ and doing nothing, it does not matter how bad the car is people don't see that as an excuse. I do feel for him as the people at the top of any sport get slated as soon as they put a foot wrong or don't perform. Sponsor and Manufacture pressure must be huge and is the same in the RC world as soon as Craggy, Maifield, Drake or any of the top boys have an off day people must think the same they are under pressure to perform all the time.

but on the other hand there all paid well to perform, it's like these celebs who want privacy, you cant have the cash and a life, you makes ya choice!

I guess your not under any pressure, in fact who are you? LOL

Tom3012
27-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Every driver on the grid is pretty damn good tbh... Anyone seen the top gear episode when hamster drives the renault f1, well at least he tried to!!

As said, give the guy a break, everyone has a bad day!