PDA

View Full Version : PEAK Vantage Modified Brushes

dibble34
27-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi

I have just purchased one of these for my backup car. Brushes are a bit of a mystery to me and after spending hours trying to find the info i thought i would ask for some help!:confused:

Does anyone know what the best brushes are for these motors, i would like them to last as long as possible.

There see to be sprint and edge sprint and enduro I have no idea! Also are these the same brushes as the Orion s2. Eg like the ones here at Apex Models?

http://www.apexmodels.com/gbu0-catshow/Orion-motors-ModifiedBrushesSprings.html

Any help advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Dave

Southwell
27-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Sprints are high power, but dont last as long. Enduros last ages but wont deliver the same kind of umph.

emtee
27-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Apart from enduro obviously suggesting longer life, I wouldn't like to say... :confused: check the Peak website I'm sure they have a contact service...

Darren Boyle
27-05-2009, 10:49 AM
You wont get too many answers from Peak at the moment........

Ian's (Southwell) answer sums it up already pretty much spot on TBH, the only additon would be that they do the "edge" version of both the sprint (softer) and enduro (harder) versions. The "edge" has the two outer sides of the brush "shaved off" to increase effeciency with less "wrap" around the comm, these were popular in some situations too......

dibble34
27-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Found this info

http://www.peakmotors.com/Motor+Accessories/Vantage+EDGE+Brush

I think i read bad things about the enduro so edge sprints is what i am looking for i think.

Has anyone got any feedback as to how long they last?

All i have to do then is find some!

Southwell
27-05-2009, 10:52 AM
In 4wd, one meeting, in 2wd 4+ Depending on power, motor wind, gearing, etc.

dibble34
27-05-2009, 11:02 AM
You wont get too many answers from Peak at the moment........

Ian's (Southwell) answer sums it up already pretty much spot on TBH, the only additon would be that they do the "edge" version of both the sprint (softer) and enduro (harder) versions. The "edge" has the two outer sides of the brush "shaved off" to increase effeciency with less "wrap" around the comm, these were popular in some situations too......

Thanks for the info, i see you have all these brushes listed on your website. Are these something you still stock?

Also thanks Ian and emtee

Darren Boyle
27-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the info, i see you have all these brushes listed on your website. Are these something you still stock?

Also thanks Ian and emtee

We still have "most" of them in stock, but several are now either running out or getting VERY low

dibble34
27-05-2009, 11:06 AM
ok thanks, will try and order some soon.

Southwell
27-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I may have some at home too.

dibble34
27-05-2009, 12:04 PM
If you don't need them Ian i would take some off you if you were happy to sell :)

sosidge
27-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Found this info

http://www.peakmotors.com/Motor+Accessories/Vantage+EDGE+Brush

I think i read bad things about the enduro so edge sprints is what i am looking for i think.

Has anyone got any feedback as to how long they last?

All i have to do then is find some!

I'm still running brushed and have an Orion V2 12x1 in the 4wd right now.

I'm still using the supplied brushes (which are round and are probably the enduro compound) and they are still fine after about 6 race meetings. No tell tale burning marks, although the edges chip off the round brushes anyway so you may as well get the Edge versions when replacing.

I've only skimmed it once, maybe twice in that time. You don't need to change brushes every time you skim (but you do need to skim every time you change brushes). Really I should skim it before each meeting but for club racing I usually can't be bothered until the motor goes soft or gets a sticky brush.

The good thing about the V2 motors is that you can build a reliable motor that won't need attention during a race meeting pretty easily. If you are worried about the decreased power from the harder brush - don't be. You can't use all the power in off-road half the time, and if you do need more power, go to a hotter wind. 12x1 is on the edge of being a bit slow for 4wd, I'm happier with a 10, some people have even run 9's.

You can even still build reliable motors from standard brush motors. Just get the high-silver content brushes (the ones that are three times the price of the others).

dibble34
27-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info, i orderd a 8x1 so after reading your post i am trying to change it for a 10x1 or i think i may be in trouble!