PDA

View Full Version : Which lipo saddles for my Yok BX?

B4 Sloth
29-05-2009, 11:01 AM
What Lipos saddles are people using? Are the vampire/demon/intellect all the same?
What about the robbitronic ones?

I have 2 packs of trakpowers already and ideally wanted another set but they seem as rare hen teeth.

So, which should I buy? From a reputable shop only though!

millzy
29-05-2009, 11:02 AM
que DMS

sure there all ready typing up a reply now

JohnM
29-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Steve, as you know, I'm using the Vampires from DMS, and are more then happy with them.

Not sure if Vampire/Intellect/Demon are all the same, as I also have one set of the Demons, and I don't think its quite as good as the Vampires.

There will be one or two issues you'll have if your still going to be using the Trakpowers, they're not as tall as the Vampires etc, so you'll need someway of holding them in better after you've raised the cell posts to fit the new cells, I know Mr Hubbard is using those hateful Associated thumb screws on his BX, so you could try those.

The other samll issue, is you might ned to change the wiring in the car a little, as the Vampires have the connectors in a slightly different place then the Trakpowers, it'll depend how neat your wiring was to start with;)

Jonathan
29-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Im using the IB, you can see how I fitted them here

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20375

I went from the original oversize track power 3200 20C to these 4200 30C, the power difference was very noticable and I can fully recommend them...but the extra power has given me a reality check,for my level of driving ability Ive just dropped from a 5.5 to a 7.5 !

You dont have to mess arround fitting them how I did in the above link, if you dont mind putting the terminals at the back of the car and having longer wiring.

I have weights on the bottom of mine to locate them.

Having said all that I cant see anyone selling them at the moment ? !

Benh
29-05-2009, 09:00 PM
I know Mr Hubbard is using those hateful Associated thumb screws on his BX, so you could try those.
;)

Ah yes, but it does give you some room to play with. (Which helps if you have bought every bloody LiPo saddle ever created!!!:rolleyes:)

The bonus - Everytime Myally is within earshot you can wax lyrical about thumb screws and watch his head explode. :lol:

Darren Boyle
29-05-2009, 11:27 PM
que DMS

sure there all ready typing up a reply now

LOL, Not this time :D, John M did it for us....... :thumbsup: