PDA

View Full Version : Racing in the school Hols ?

dayxwalker
29-05-2009, 02:18 PM
What's happening during the school holidays about racing ? ? ?
Take it the school is closed as usual ?
Can we not race on the school field ? Just put some ropes in the trialer and some jumps ? That way we don't need access to inside the school ?

Dalla
29-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Tim,
Not a bad idea, but I think we would have to move the trailer to the far side next to the field to make it practical.

In the past we have been able to get access to the school during the holidays for 4 weeks out of 6, but the turn out was never good what with holidays and commitment to the regional series etc....

We can put it to the vote, but my feeling is we are better off just closing for the summer, rather than limping through until the autumn.

Opinions anyone?

dayxwalker
29-05-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't fancy 6 weeks off mind ! I will be there every week if it's on !

craig watson
29-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeh ! same here tim dont fancy 6 week spell off racing ,although car is pretty busted up ! Should be able to get it sorted out soon .Surely there would be a good enough turn out to get a couple of rounds out just to keep thumbs going need as much practice as possible after bents park shambles !!!:thumbsup:

dayxwalker
30-05-2009, 07:09 AM
I found the grass difficult also as it's very different to anything I have raced on before ! But I did enjoy it !
The other option could be to race on conctrete (school car park)! With some foam tyres I used to race on contrete and it was mint

Dalla
31-05-2009, 02:19 PM
We would also need to sort some means of cutting the grass. Petrol mower anyone?

Also I am not sure what the access to the school will be over the holidays, I am sure Carillion will want to get cracking while the kids are off which might affect things.