PDA

View Full Version : EPR National 2009

MattADH
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
What with the annoucement of the second annual legends race at this year's EPR National, I thought a thread would be good for people to ask questions, etc...

MattADH
01-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Along with the legends race, there will also be a Concours Competition both days with a prizes for the winner on both days.

Only one rule is that it will be a 2WD body comp on Saturday and 4WD body comp on the Sunday and the shells entered must have been used in qualifying so no shelf queens allowed!

David Church
02-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Have you ordered the sunshine like Oz did?????:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

trekkerkk
02-06-2009, 05:20 AM
i thought that was your job dc:thumbsup:,lolol,

trekkker

MattADH
02-06-2009, 08:38 AM
We will be hosting a regional on Sunday 7 June at EPR and this will be the last race meeting before the National two weeks after.

There will be a open class running alongside the 4WD regional one so if you have raced in another region and scored points there, or if you want to race your 2WD as well, the opportunity is there.

The everyone in the regional meeting and the open class will get four qualifiers and two finals with the A finalists in the regional getting three legs.

Any questions, please ask...

jim76
02-06-2009, 08:46 AM
i thought that was your job dc:thumbsup:,lolol,

trekkker

No! not after he ordered the Faversham weather! lol

Danny McGee
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
We will be hosting a regional on Sunday 7 June at EPR and this will be the last race meeting before the National two weeks after.

There will be a open class running alongside the 4WD regional one so if you have raced in another region and scored points there, or if you want to race your 2WD as well, the opportunity is there.

The everyone in the regional meeting and the open class will get four qualifiers and two finals with the A finalists in the regional getting three legs.

Any questions, please ask...

So if i want to race 2wd and 4wd this weekend matt im assuming there will only be one final which will be mixed? Does that mean i get a discount :P only joking!

Fingers crossed i'll just be using a 2wd!:drool:

what kinda time we looking at arriving? i assume its the usual free practise etc?

Dan

MattADH
02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
So if i want to race 2wd and 4wd this weekend matt im assuming there will only be one final which will be mixed? Does that mean i get a discount :P only joking!

Fingers crossed i'll just be using a 2wd!:drool:

what kinda time we looking at arriving? i assume its the usual free practise etc?

Dan

There is no reason why you cant use both chassis' during qualifying. We are hoping for a reasonable turnout so if we get around 14 open drivers then there will be two heats and we would be happy for you to run one after the other...

We run two legs for everyone except the regional A who gets three as per the BRCA rules.

Please arrive no earlier than 8am and we will open up the track 8.30am if not earlier. Qualifying will be at 10am and we will try to turn things round quickly.

Hope to see you there!

David Church
02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
No! not after he ordered the Faversham weather! lol

Hahahahahaha:thumbsup:

rc boy
02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
a would love to come and have a practice before the national coming up soon but its way 2 far for us :thumbdown:

millzy
03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
im trying to talk my brother into coming up with me this sunday
runnig 2wd in the open class

how much is it and what time dose booking in open

David Church
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
im trying to talk my brother into coming up with me this sunday
runnig 2wd in the open class

how much is it and what time dose booking in open

£7 to enter, booking in opens as soon as they get it ready on the day, but I believe you can e mail steve brooke, or matt or alex breyshaw to enter.

David Church
10-06-2009, 07:59 PM
With just over a week to go till the EPR national it's very quiet on here????
Maybe we don't want to upset Jimmy!!!! And hope he won't hold the report back till 2010:o:o:o:thumbsup:

Northy
10-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I've heard the report will be kick ass boss :thumbsup:

G

stuartw
11-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I remember the cr*p journey down last year via the M1 - travelled M1-M25 - QE Bridge etc
Whats the state of the roadworks around Luton now, should we find an alternative route?

_sleigh_
11-06-2009, 08:51 AM
It's about 10m further, but you could go via the M40

Northy
11-06-2009, 08:54 AM
A1's where it's at boss, and don't follow Rich Coates through London! :lol::lol::lol:

G

HKP
11-06-2009, 09:08 AM
The M1 roadworks are gone now, but a few nasties round by jcnt. 25-26 on the M25 with the tunnel refurbishment.

From the North M1/M25 is the best route really. NE you can try the A1/A14/M11 possibly? Don't go through London though! QE2 bridge all the way :)

IceMike
11-06-2009, 09:57 AM
wot time will the gates be opens plz?? gunna be a nice short relaxin drive for me this year, in essex to start with, SCORE!!!!

MattADH
11-06-2009, 10:15 AM
wot time will the gates be opens plz?? gunna be a nice short relaxin drive for me this year, in essex to start with, SCORE!!!!

We are saying midday but if you are a little earlier, it wont be a problem...

IceMike
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
okies kewl, sorry i havent been payin alot of attention, but camping and things are fine, is there any entertainment, are there shops close?? all the usual things really

MattADH
11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
The M1 roadworks are gone now, but a few nasties round by jcnt. 25-26 on the M25 with the tunnel refurbishment.

From the North M1/M25 is the best route really. NE you can try the A1/A14/M11 possibly? Don't go through London though! QE2 bridge all the way :)

Friday afteroons/evenings around the bridge is rubbish so you can expect to queue for a while - sorry.

The M25 can be problematic anytime day or night but the M25 is arguably the best route - at least there are services if you need a break.

MattADH
11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
okies kewl, sorry i havent been payin alot of attention, but camping and things are fine, is there any entertainment, are there shops close?? all the usual things really

Camping is no problem as we are blessed with a large grass area.

Entertainment-wise, unfortunately I dont think there is anything planned but the bar onsite will be open from midday Friday til late. I am sure that a few spent some time in the bar last time round..

There is a local parade of shops within walking distance (five mins) but if you come from J4 on the M25, you will pass West Wickham Sainsbury's and this is a five-minute drive from the track. There is a cafe as well a kebab shop, indian and a pub in the parade whilst Jimmy's personal favourite of McDonalds is again a five-minute drive.

HTH

MattADH
11-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Thought that this may help...

Chrislong
11-06-2009, 10:32 AM
There is a Domino's, Chinese, KFC too, then head to the mini-roundabout and take a right (4 o'clock) there is a mini-express-supermarket at the petrol station - good for stocking up with butties etc.

Is the venue providing a BBQ like last year too?

MattADH
11-06-2009, 11:01 AM
There is a Domino's, Chinese, KFC too, then head to the mini-roundabout and take a right (4 o'clock) there is a mini-express-supermarket at the petrol station - good for stocking up with butties etc.

Is the venue providing a BBQ like last year too?

Yes there is plenty of fast food around - I will be at the track if anyone wants further details.

As far as we know, the club has no plans to put anything on Saturday night as they have a wedding reception on in the function room. If anything changes, we can let you know.

The local delivery places will come out as we checked at our last regional with a Dominos Pizza delivery to Racer Control!

Belsten
11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
can we get in to the wedding reception :thumbsup:

Jonesy
11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
can we get in to the wedding reception :thumbsup:

Hit on the Bride Belsten?? There may be some nice looking bridesmaids??

MattADH
12-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Hopefully we can attract some local interest...
Thanks to the guys who put this together.

MattADH
12-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Tempting fate I know but the long range forecast on Metcheck is dry until after the National...

http://metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=Bromley

Fingers crossed.

RudeTony
13-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Along with the legends race, there will also be a Concours Competition both days with a prizes for the winner on both days.

Only one rule is that it will be a 2WD body comp on Saturday and 4WD body comp on the Sunday and the shells entered must have been used in qualifying so no shelf queens allowed!

I hope all have those really nice bodyshells all fresh for the concours.
Looking forward to seeing the best looking shell.....Oh and don't worry Matt, the weather is going to be just fine.....

trekkerkk
13-06-2009, 07:27 PM
im finally in for 4wd woop woop:thumbsup:
3rd in 2wd getting better

trekkker

MikePimlott
16-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Any shops planning on going ????

Really looking forward to this weekend :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
16-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I believe that MK and the Race Place will both be there....

Northy
16-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Are there showers at EPR? I can't remember. :bored:

Kifogrande
16-06-2009, 09:03 PM
MK will be there...:thumbsup:

MattADH
16-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Any shops planning on going ????

Really looking forward to this weekend :thumbsup:

MK Racing is the official shop of the club and will be present first thing on Saturday morning. They will be located on the main straight at the banked corner end.

To make sure that he has what you want trackside, I would suggest that you drop him an e-mail or give him a call if you have any specific requests.

MattADH
16-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Are there showers at EPR? I can't remember. :bored:

Yes we have requested that the changing rooms are open - just ask if you have a problem.

Garry Spice
17-06-2009, 06:29 AM
for those coming from up north be warned.....the QE2 BRIDGE has verible speed trap cameras all along it now...its 50mph all the way to the tolls.

MattADH
17-06-2009, 07:21 AM
for those coming from up north be warned.....the QE2 BRIDGE has verible speed trap cameras all along it now...its 50mph all the way to the tolls.

Yes there are cameras up but I am unsure that they are active yet as there is a small sign at the first set that state "cameras not in use."

I use the bridge everyday but only very rarely am I able to go faster than 20mph anyway!

RudeTony
17-06-2009, 07:27 AM
My buggies go faster than that Matt :lol:

David Church
17-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I will be at the track tomorrow along with Alfie and Nathan Higgins painting curbs all day so you lot can come and leave tyre marks all over them!!!!!

Anyone else out there fancy helping, I will have plenty of brushes and Brewers have kindly donated the paint once again as they did last year!!!!

Shameless promotions strike again!!!!!!!:woot::woot::woot:

blitzboy
17-06-2009, 05:22 PM
right had a read of the entire thread , and im taking it as there is no snack bar or mobile greasy spoon on site , food wise is it a shop run ,and what about breaky i need bacon in the morning else i ll dye :lol:

David Church
17-06-2009, 05:23 PM
right had a read of the entire thread , and im taking it as there is no snack bar or mobile greasy spoon on site , food wise is it a shop run ,and what about breaky i need bacon in the morning else i ll dye :lol:

Good point, maybe we need an emergency burger van!!!!

blitzboy
17-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Bacon butties
power food for team toe out required :lol:

blitzboy
17-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Good point, maybe we need an emergency burger van!!!!

you cound nt have said it any better dc :D

mw02veg
17-06-2009, 05:43 PM
maccy d's is 5 mins up the road :thumbsup: could try getting delivery yeah can i have 57 bacon rolls plz :lol:

David Church
17-06-2009, 05:49 PM
maccy d's is 5 mins up the road :thumbsup: could try getting delivery yeah can i have 57 bacon rolls plz :lol:

Haha, I like it, but Domino's will deliver trackside!!!!

Gnarly Old Dog
17-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Haha, I like it, but Domino's will deliver trackside!!!!

Hmm, now there's a thought.
Hot pizza for breakfast - normally it's cold:lol:

Breakfast pizza - with sausage, bacon, egg and tomato toppings.

Is there no limit to the versatility of this humble italian inspired foodstuff ????

David Church
17-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Hmm, now there's a thought.
Hot pizza for breakfast - normally it's cold:lol:

Breakfast pizza - with sausage, bacon, egg and tomato toppings.

Is there no limit to the versatility of this humble italian inspired foodstuff ????

The only trick is getting them to open at 8am!!!!!

Gnarly Old Dog
17-06-2009, 06:10 PM
With a hundred and 120 hungry racers plus pit crews, they'd be mad to turn down the business :lol:

Northy
17-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you guys saying there is no catering on site? :eh?:

G

super__dan
17-06-2009, 06:46 PM

G

Yeah can you confirm for defo please?

David Church
17-06-2009, 06:48 PM

G

Not sure??? The clubhouse has provided grub during football season, but not sure what is happening this weekend, BUT I am sure it will be looked into!!!

James
17-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeh i need bacon sandwiches and a cup of tea to start the day :cry: ?

Northy
17-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeh i need bacon sandwiches and a cup of tea to start the day :cry: ?

You're paying Ralph :D

G

Jonesy
17-06-2009, 07:12 PM
You're paying Ralph :D

G

I'm in for some of that!

MattADH
17-06-2009, 08:58 PM

I cant believe that this has started such silly rumours! :mad:

An important pre-requisite of hosting a national is to provide catering from first thing on Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. Don’t worry, we will have a similar set-up to last year with all the usual hot food available in the kids play area to the side of the track where there is also some tables and chairs. The bar will be open from midday.

Hope that puts an end to the concerns!

blitzboy
17-06-2009, 11:13 PM
thanks matt for clearing that all up mate , sorry did nt want to start it all mate , did nt think it would kick off like this i was just looking for some sensible responce

RudeTony
18-06-2009, 06:43 AM
I have NO DOUBT that if the personnel at EPR can organise a Fab track, Concours competitions, Legend race, Mega raffle and God know what else, then they are more than capable in making sure the catering is up to everyones needs.....furthemore the majority of the EPR committee are experienced racers and I personally think that is a massive advantage to us all as they know what is needed for a great event......
I am certainly looking forward to this weekend....

brookie
18-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks Tony for the kind comments and the support that you have already given us pre-event:thumbsup:

Shouldn't really be surprised how such unbelieveable rummours start on here, not the first time and I'm sure as hell it won't be the last:mad: As Matt has said it's a pre-requisite for a National, it's simple really, among the many criteria stipulated by the BRCA, no food, no National!

And lets confirm, here and now, some of the bonuses that the facilities adjacent to Eden Park Raceway include:

Improved access over last year.
Huge car parking, pitting, camping and caravanning areas.
A selection of toilet and shower facilities in the clubhouse.
An on site Trattoria (cafe) that will be open on Friday between 08:30 and 17:00 (ish!) for the earlier arrivals.
Bar facilities, open from 12:00 each day.
Today a Portaloo is being delivered for use by the overnighters!

There's more, much more, to EPR but I've got to stop here as now got to get up the track for another 8 - 10 hours hard preparation which I'm sure you'll all thanks the EPR members for personally:thumbsup:

big_whyman
18-06-2009, 11:52 AM
If anyone is interested, and I know a few of you will be, I have it on good authority ;) that Domino's will be doing 50% Off Any Order Over £30 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week :thumbsup::D

Oh and that's Delivered or Collected

And before you ask Mr Jemison, your vouchers should be on there way to you!!!

IceMike
18-06-2009, 11:56 AM
haha yer i just seen that advertised on hotmail before :p

ben
18-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Whyman man! Hurry up with the vouchers :lol:

David Church
18-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I am trackside at EPR and all is looking sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Will try and post some pics soon!!!!!!

blitzboy
18-06-2009, 05:07 PM
cool cheers dc

David Church
18-06-2009, 05:20 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Here you go, thanks Kevin for the pics!!!!

Wraggy
18-06-2009, 05:22 PM
bloody hell some people are commited with tents and Gazzebos up already !!:lol:

David Church
18-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Been here all day working and still more to do tomorrow, so I thought I would get all set up!!!!:woot:

trekkerkk
18-06-2009, 07:09 PM
:thumbsup:ill be up in the morning
see you tommorow
track looks really good:thumbsup::thumbsup:
well done guys

trekkker

James
18-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Looking good team, looking forward to it..!!!

Think the weathers going to be on your side too, fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Chrislong
18-06-2009, 08:47 PM
ACE, im ready!!!

Belsten
18-06-2009, 09:12 PM
looks awesome, good work, I cant wait

Mrs oOple
18-06-2009, 09:34 PM
If anyone is interested, and I know a few of you will be, I have it on good authority ;) that Domino's will be doing 50% Off Any Order Over £30 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week :thumbsup::D

Oh and that's Delivered or Collected

And before you ask Mr Jemison, your vouchers should be on there way to you!!!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Jonesy
18-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll be down on Saturday morning leaving at 2:30am :thumbsup:

That is following a colleagues leaving do so out in Chester until about 11:30pm, lucky I'm not driving!

Track is looking quality, just hope I can improve on my really awful results there last year!

David Church
20-06-2009, 04:32 AM
National Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just started to rain:cry::cry::cry: and no sign of Jonesy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this will be something today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

millzy
20-06-2009, 08:48 AM
hows it going dc

YoungChazz
20-06-2009, 02:08 PM
A quick report after three rounds, Ellis is TQ with the X - 6 Squared. He has won all three qualifiers with 15-lap runs, and is the only driver on 15 laps. Ellis' New Math is absolutely dialed.

Interesting how things work in this world. This report comes to me here in the USA via cell phone from the track, then back to oOple in U.K.

Lee
20-06-2009, 02:29 PM
A quick report after three rounds, Ellis is TQ with the X - 6 Squared. He has won all three qualifiers with 15-lap runs, and is the only driver on 15 laps. Ellis' New Math is absolutely dialed.

Interesting how things work in this world. This report comes to me here in the USA via cell phone from the track, then back to oOple in U.K.

And then bounced out to me in Monaco :)

Excellent news for Ellis, lets just hope he seals the win in the first 2 legs now ;)

stegger
20-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Any more news chazz :lol:

rob8246
20-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Kev Lee takes the win today! :D

Cragg was leg 1 winner but he broke in 3rd leg when looking to seal the win but was 4th overall. Grant Williams came in at the 2 spot.

The weather did play it's part with showers so tyre choice was critical between yellows and greens. Kev obviously got it right.

Will be at the track tommorow as 1st reserve for 4wd so may get to play.

Will post post race updates throughout the day :-)

jim76
20-06-2009, 09:14 PM
top man Kev! Long overdue another national win.

Darren Boyle
20-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Kev Lee takes the win today! :D

Cragg was leg 1 winner but he broke in 3rd leg when looking to seal the win but was 4th overall. Grant Williams came in at the 2 spot.

The weather did play it's part with showers so tyre choice was critical between yellows and greens. Kev obviously got it right.

Will be at the track tommorow as 1st reserve for 4wd so may get to play.

Will post post race updates throughout the day :-)

Rob, To be fair to Kev (AFAIK) he ran yellows still (new ones) in the run when it rained to take the leg win, not so much the tyres were right more his car!!! :woot: Ellis was also on yellows bot nowhere near as dialled as Kev was, then Kev went on and won the leg 3 fom the very first corner right through to the flag, he was never challenged really.

Three 2wd nationals so far this year, Ellis has TQ'd all three of them and now three different drivers (all on the X6 Squared) have won a meeting each (Phil Sleigh, Ellis Stafford and now Kevin Lee) On behalf of X-Factory.......top work guys!!!!!

YoungChazz
21-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Ditto Darren. Great showing for the X - 6 Squared and all the X drivers.

Three races, three wins and all TQ. I'm stoked.

David Church
21-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Well done Kev!!!!!! And also to Grant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the best I have ever seen you drive!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gutted for Ellis:cry:, he was some 8 seconds quicker on his fastest time in qualifying.......

millzy
21-06-2009, 04:45 PM
any news lads

niggs98
21-06-2009, 07:55 PM
ellis and craggy tied on points after 3 legs

ellis wins by verge of quicker time.

well done mate, after yesterdays bad luck in the finals you managed to peak on leg 3 just like ya said :woot:

can i be the first to say thanks to all at epr for a famtastic meeting. the track was prepped to perfection for a second year and the reprofiled big jump was far more consistent this year ;) was gutted to of not been able to of helped this year but have been way to busy with house moves, work etc etc. was great to see the whole team working so hard behind the scenes and watch it run so well. roll on next year and hopefully i will be able to dedicate a little time

trekkerkk
21-06-2009, 07:59 PM
what a great weekend,
thanks to all involved,

trekkker

MHeadling
21-06-2009, 08:13 PM
I popped up for a look today, amazing racing and the track looked superb to race on, can't wait to try it out again at the next regional.

Well done Ellis on the win!

rob8246
21-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Really enjoyed the meeting today even tho did not get to race but Pidge kept me busy all day glueing more and more tyres!! :o

Excellent work from Matt, Steve and all concerned at EPR for putting on a great show!!

David Church
21-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I had a great weekend, seeing all you nutters again!!!!!!!!

A MASSIVE "THANKS" to all involved in the meeting!!!!!!!!

From the EPR crew, to the BRCA crew, all the voulnteer ref's, and to all the racers and friends/family of racers.
I was there after most of the people had gone and the site was left very tidy!!!!!

Congrats to Ellis today!!!!!!

And of course to Grant who drove out of his skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big E
21-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Usual EPR quality meeting and well done to all involved.

And I'd like to just say you guys on the commentary are ace...I really thought after Brian leaving last year it would be a bit flat but you guys are great...the 2 commentators at a time bit today was just top quality, really really good :D

Roll on Southport!!

PaulUpton
21-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Can only echo what has been said already, great meeting, top work!

blitzboy
22-06-2009, 08:41 AM
brilliant week end superb club and really enjoyed myself thats to evereyone involved , epr track was awesome , well done ellis amazing driving from you and grant , what a top sportman you are buddy , see you all soon guys :lol: the legends races were such a hoot too

MattADH
22-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I would just like to thank everyone involved for their help at EPR over the course of the weekend and in the many weeks on the run up to the meeting. Without the likes of yourselves, EPR nationals would never happen so all these nice words by the racers are for you.

Some changed plans in order to attend whilst no doubt others put the event ahead of family bearing in mind Sunday was Fathers Day.

Thanks too to the racers who left us very little to clear up although we sure have a few runs to the local refuse site with all those bin bags!

Once again, many thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated by us all at the club.

EPR

James
22-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Great job EPR, venue and track were top notch after setting the bar high after all your renovation work for last years National.

Great work on the mike to Tony T, a hidden talent! And of course Tony E and MCDC, the dual commentary all adds to the sense of an event :thumbsup:.

Bad luck for grant, everyone knows you were fast though dude!

millzy
22-06-2009, 10:46 AM
what was the 2wd and 4wd top ten

Fabs
22-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Many thanks to all the EPR crew, BRCA officals and everyone involved, the track was ACE and the meeting MAXIMUM BEST. :D

First time for me that I manage to get a decent result in both classes, G final each day, not too bad for a first season, still need to reach my own maximum best performance though.

Gnarly Old Dog
22-06-2009, 12:20 PM
What more can I add that hasn't already been said? Top venue, top organisation by the club and the BRCA and excellent all round entertainment.
Echo-ing others, the dual commentary from Tony T and Rob was superb - a great balance of banter, track action and information although I'll never be able to look at another bombhole the same again:woot:
Top work guys - special mention to the AE crew. Neil, Lee and the boyz. You really made a young kid's day with your generosity at the end of the event. Young Ellis (as opposed to the old balding one!) is a new racer who worked tirelessly with his dad over the whole weekend as a club helper. With the help of the AE crew, he went home with a big smile and a carrier bag that'll go a long way to make sure he's never 'tyre-less' ever again.
Top gesture guys - respect.

HKP
22-06-2009, 12:26 PM
What more can I add that hasn't already been said? Top venue, top organisation by the club and the BRCA and excellent all round entertainment.
Echo-ing others, the dual commentary from Tony T and Rob was superb - a great balance of banter, track action and information although I'll never be able to look at another bombhole the same again:woot:
Top work guys - special mention to the AE crew. Neil, Lee and the boyz. You really made a young kid's day with your generosity at the end of the event. Young Ellis (as opposed to the old balding one!) is a new racer who worked tirelessly with his dad over the whole weekend as a club helper. With the help of the AE crew, he went home with a big smile and a carrier bag that'll go a long way to make sure he's never 'tyre-less' ever again.

hear hear!! :thumbsup:

MHeadling
22-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Has any one got the 4wd top 10 results?

How did Elliot Boots get on? When I was at the track he was going well in qualifying.

Darren Boyle
22-06-2009, 01:02 PM
B final I believe Mark, pretty certian I spotted him in there along with Tom C when he was running

ben
22-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Well done to the EPR organisers! The meeting ran smooothly and the track was great! The table top was 100 times better with the new re-profiled take off.
Well done to greg williams for making the Bfinal in 2wd!!!

Ben

neiloliver
22-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Great meeting, well organised. Loved the track.

Managed my best placing this year in 4WD. Thanks to Alan Hart for some great England V Scotland racing. Thanks to DC for asking Alan to kick my butt.

Commentary on Sunday was great.. 'Good Jobbbb....!!!"

Neil

GRIFF55
22-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks all for a great fun weekend (again!). Had another good day sat but couldn't get the hammer down sunday:cry:.
Excelent venue even if it is a bit far away:lol:

Cheers all! top job!

MikePimlott
22-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Was i good weekend and thanks to all involved for making this so.
Track is tricky for a EPR virgin, Grant made it look easy both days :thumbsup:

Commentary was good again "here comes Wraggy through the bumb hole, OUCH" classic Tony. top job all.

be back next year knowing what to expect and have a better go at it i feel.

Belsten
22-06-2009, 02:49 PM
ditto all the above comments really, thanks to all involved, thoroughly enjoyable weekend even with some terrible results

rob8246
22-06-2009, 03:02 PM

Cheers dude, Tony T was awesome and I really enjoyed commentating with him. Truman is the new Jimmy Babcock! I think its a really good thing at 10th meetings as the cars are quiet and it can add atmoshpere and excitment plus informing drivers and spectators of positions etc....
well done to all drivers for a good show and representing a class where we all started from. :D

RR.

GRIFF55
22-06-2009, 03:19 PM
You were a legend mate:o ripping the front off an sc10, car looked good till then:lol:

HKP
22-06-2009, 05:44 PM
You were a legend mate:o ripping the front off an sc10, car looked good till then:lol:

Who me?

Barry Williams
22-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Well done to all involved at the weekend (EPR crew, BRCA people etc)
Top event, great track & commentary was superb
Makes the long journey worthwhile

Barry

rob8246
22-06-2009, 07:00 PM

Loved having a quick go mate, car felt good and had I raced would have probably TQ'd :D

mw02veg
22-06-2009, 07:56 PM
well wot can i say ive gotta take my hat off to the eden park crew (thats the grandad hat :D) you guys did a awesome job. all the guys that we know as the the face of eden park and the solid eden park club members we are no so familiar with THANK YOU!

as u all know i had a pretty good weekend (thanks for the comments guys)chance to win both days but didnt quite seal the deals :bored: congrats to kev he deserved the win in 2wd after holding on in the 2nd leg on yellows :o drove like a star!! and 4wd had the pace just unlucky in the 3rd leg but thats racing. so i can take alot away with me from this weekend and its all smiles!!

commentry was spot on all weekend tony and rob your funny funny guys loved the banter dc up to his usual high standard and tony E mr etc etc. u guys really made the event come together and created a buzz round the track all day :thumbsup:

not much else to say except i think the redbull has finally left my system felt a bit rough today :-)

grant williams

dbizzle5
23-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Here are the vids of the 3 2wd a finals

leg 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3nmK45ACc

leg 2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANg0LS6G34c

leg 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKBiAGKQLFw

millzy
23-06-2009, 10:00 AM
wicked - will watch them when i finish work - half day today- shame work pc blocks youtube but nice one for posting vids

Southwell
23-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Well done to the whole EPR crew, top job, as always! Looking forward to next year!

MattADH
23-06-2009, 10:52 AM
If anyone has now realised that they left their transmitter behind on Sunday, please drop me a PM with a few details and we can arrange to get it back...

HKP
23-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Here are the vids of the 3 2wd a finals

leg 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3nmK45ACc

leg 2- to follow

leg 3 - to follow

get the rest up! Can't wait to see legs 2 and 3!! :D

dbizzle5
23-06-2009, 04:09 PM
vids added

rcbrookey
23-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Another Great national weekend at EPR. Thanks to all the EPR crew for all the help at the track to make another fantansic weekend lets do the same next year

Cheers
Chris:D:D:D:D:D

ben
23-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Just nicked this off flanders facebook..

Tony, how the hell did you pull this off?

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=24&pictureid=2133

THATS INSANEEE!:cry:

bigred5765
23-06-2009, 10:57 PM
omg which marshal had the meat cleaver lol

ben
23-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I love the way there is still shock oil in it :lol:

ashleyb4
23-06-2009, 11:01 PM
How the hell!!!!!! The shock tower yea but the body!!!!!!!!!!

A

bigred5765
23-06-2009, 11:10 PM
benstical, its a losi shock mate he has snapped the mounting brkt of at the top, it does look like oil but i think its whats left of the body,

ben
23-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Oh........ i didnt realise it was a losi shock ;);) Im pretty sure thats oil carl lol

bigred5765
23-06-2009, 11:49 PM
:yawn: you didnt
it does look like oil i must admit

RudeTony
24-06-2009, 06:22 AM

Mate - I decided to put in a really quick motor which was WRONG to say the least. The car got out of shape over the jump and started to nose dive - I opened up the throttle and instead of doing the normal thing and bring the nose up - the bloody thing decided to corkscrew in mid-air.
I say this "if your going to break it, then do it properly"
Thank you to Ian Southwell for the part, as I didn't have it and I would of been in trouble - bloody motor was way too quick
RR - you have a lot to answer for me old fruit !!!

Southwell
24-06-2009, 07:22 AM

It's called commitment. :woot:

David Church
24-06-2009, 02:46 PM
How long till the EPR National report "J" man?????
Please may it be at least 6 months shorter than last year!!!!:lol:

Mrs oOple
25-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Your waiting is over Mr Church! Jimmy is on top form this year. The report is awesome, i reckon 10 out of 10.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2009national-edenpark/index.html
:thumbsup:

David Church
25-06-2009, 05:21 PM
The report is second to none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to you all!!!!!!!

Did I really look that stupid in a flippen kilt???? I am gonna kill Alan hart!!!!
Just kidding, it was all good fun!!!!!!!!!!!
And well done to Mike Williams, he def showed us up!!!!!!!:D:D:D

HKP
25-06-2009, 07:53 PM

Did I really look that stupid in a flippen kilt???? I am gonna kill Alan hart!!!!

I thought you looked like the scottish Jay Halsey.

Belsten
25-06-2009, 07:59 PM
awesome report well done all

ben
25-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Results are up :D:D:D

http://www.onetenthoffroad.co.uk/

blitzboy
25-06-2009, 09:21 PM
cant see the results at all, all i vere get is a page that says results with a black screen and scroll down and its got the header results doh , thats really useful not

bigred5765
25-06-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.onetenthoffroad.co.uk/results.htm
try that, what explorer are u using ??im on ie and i seee it

jimmy
25-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Doesn't work in proper (http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/)web browsers - only less popular browsers like internet explorer I think?

Cockerill
25-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Go to View > Page Style > No Style in FireFox and you get it.

bigred5765
25-06-2009, 09:30 PM
works in netscape and that is the original ie

blitzboy
25-06-2009, 09:37 PM
cheers guys works now , wow i m climbing the board lmao ,

Southwell
26-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Ooooh, if only i drop my 51 i could be in the 20's. :woot:

Fabs
26-06-2009, 07:23 AM

I think the funniest part of the week end about you wearing a kilt was Stu's face when he had an upskirt of you from his marshall point. That was ACE :D

Stu
26-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Grim :mad: