PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay dilemma

daz
02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
What would you do if you was selling a item which had only a few hours to go, what had very little bids i.e around £50. And a person comes around your house with £350 cash to buy said item.

What would you do?:confused:

P.s said item is to far into auction to remove.

Rocking Donkey
02-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Can you win the auction yourself? Not sure if this is possible, or arrange for a friend to win it.

Just an idea

Ben

AmiSMB
02-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Hmmm tricky one. Sell the item to them and then create a new account on ebay and enter the highest bid as £350 and hope you win! Very underhand I know but it may get you out of a hole. Not that I condone such actions of course!

Nick Goodall
02-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Honestly i'd just get a friend to bid it all the way up then you don't have to go through with the deal - you'll pay a bit in fee's but better then getting negative feedback.....

It's about the only option really.

mikeyscott
02-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Honestly i'd just get a friend to bid it all the way up then you don't have to go through with the deal - you'll pay a bit in fee's but better then getting negative feedback.....

It's about the only option really.

I'd 2nd that..

daz
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Ok then, so you sold said item for say £90 and the winner has yet to pay and someone comes to your house with £350.

What then?

burgie
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
you are legally bound to sell the item for £90.00......as long as the buyer pays within the specified amount of time.

Southwell
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Email them saying it's broken and you cannot sell it. You are contracted to sell it though.

HarlowS
02-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Get a friend to put a proxy bid of £400, then when its sold file for a mutual agreement not to sell, then no final valuation fees are charged :)

daz
02-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Im just trying to get peoples views of what they would do, does money talk every time or are people honest and lose £160.
As for legal terms and contracts to sell i think ebay is a joke, whats a ticking of and a bit of bad feed back worth these days.
Ebay rather you sort the problem out between yourselfs than them get involved. And i wonder how many people have been taken to court over it, i bet not many especially at that sort of money.

HarlowS
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Money talks every time !! You didnt go onto ebay to give someone a nice bargain did you ?? You Want to sell and make some Money back ?!? :eh?:

mikeyscott
02-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Claim your daughter/son etc. have dropped and damaged it and it can't be sold now?

bigoggy
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Claim your daughter/son etc. have dropped and damaged it and it can't be sold now?

x2

had this happen to me as a buyer. it's annoying but i couldn't prove they were lying

Southwell
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
If you didn't want to sell it for a lower price you should of put a reserve on it. Link us to the auction and we will all send you emails with stupid questions. :D

HarlowS
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
lol !! :D What will we be enquiring about anyway ?? Not 1 legged jeans again ?

If you didn't want to sell it for a lower price you should of put a reserve on it. Link us to the auction and we will all send you emails with stupid questions. :D

burgie
02-06-2009, 10:59 AM
And i wonder how many people have been taken to court over it, i bet not many especially at that sort of money.

I can think of two sellers that I know of. I know, 'cos I took them to court. The small claims court has an online service now, you know! :thumbsup:

Works every time!

JJ The Boat Wizzard
02-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Just Ether Get A M8 To Bidd And Win It Or If Some1 Has won And Paid Put Somthing Like This:

Hi M8

Sorry To Inform You That The "ITEM" You Have Just Won Was Dropped Down The Stairs As I Was Bringing It Down Stairs To Be Packaged.
I Am Very Sorry For The Inconvenience And Will Refund You Payment Immediately , As I Guess You Are Absolutely Gutted Like Me Sorry!

Many Apologies
(YOUR NAME HERE)

Not That Ive Done That Before Or Owt :woot:

jim76
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Just Ether Get A M8 To Bidd And Win It Or If Some1 Has won And Paid Put Somthing Like This:

Hi M8

Sorry To Inform You That The "ITEM" You Have Just Won Was Dropped Down The Stairs As I Was Bringing It Down Stairs To Be Packaged.
I Am Very Sorry For The Inconvenience And Will Refund You Payment Immediately , As I Guess You Are Absolutely Gutted Like Me Sorry!

Many Apologies
(YOUR NAME HERE)

Not That Ive Done That Before Or Owt :woot:

What is it with all your capitals?!

DaveG28
02-06-2009, 05:19 PM
I really hope none of you who are suggesting all this have been sympathizing with Northy too!:confused:

Why not have the guy with the £350 setup an eBay account (do it with him!) and just bid the money?? Or does he not know he could get it cheaper??

JonyNitro
03-06-2009, 10:07 PM
well i would end it no matter who was bidding on it,sorry about that"eee"

or when you advertise always put in for sale elsewhere, there you go:o

jono83
03-06-2009, 10:14 PM
What is it with all your capitals?!
I have asked about this a few times but still yet to have an explanation :lol:

Rich D
03-06-2009, 10:33 PM
:)

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=220042&postcount=35

kek23k
04-06-2009, 12:38 AM
It's so that when his account gets hijacked, you can tell its not him:D:D:D

SlowOne
04-06-2009, 07:21 PM
There's a well-used phrase doing the rounds at the moment "It was all within the Rules." Anyone who uses that phrase seems then to get loads of abuse from members of the public, and many seem then to have to pay back some money, and/or resign their jobs.

I'm not sure I see the huge difference between them and what's being suggested on here. In which case I know you will all be nodding in agreement when I say "what a bunch of money-grubbing scumbags, I hope you get chucked off e-bay!"

IMHO, you entered a contract and an obligation to sell your goods through e-bay, and that's what you have to do. If the guy with £350 in his hand doesn't want to go to the effort of bidding, the goods can't be that valuable to him. And if the combined might of e-bay customers thinks it's worth £90 and he is offering almost four times as much, am I the only one who doesn't smell a rat here? Just my 2p...

JJ The Boat Wizzard
04-06-2009, 07:30 PM
It's so that when his account gets hijacked, you can tell its not him:D:D:D

^^ Yeh Thats It ^^ :lol:

Lmao No I thought it looked neater I always do it when typing on a fourm :D i'm going to stop now tho as it appears that people cant read it properly :woot:

John :thumbsup::thumbsup:

rcracer
04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Think of your poor old caps lock it must have headache :lol:

JJ The Boat Wizzard
04-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I used to use the shift button i dont think ive ever touched my caps lock button :D now what 4wd buggy am i going to get hmmmm??