PDA

View Full Version : Stotfold Sunday

PaulUpton
03-06-2009, 06:19 AM
What time do gates open Sunday and is there going to be food avaliable?

Paul

Kit Jones
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
People will start to arrive around 7:30 and I don't think there will be any food available. See you there!

KevLee
03-06-2009, 09:44 PM
If anyone is available to help with preparations on saturday for the regional please come along! details are in the stotfold section on this forum.

Cheers

Swiss
05-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I shall be there.

If any of our many club members has a free couple of hours Saturday morning. Then we look forward to seeing you down there. I guess gates will open about 9.30/10.00am

'Many hands make light work' :)

Thanks

Paul

KevLee
06-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks to everyone who managed to get down to the track to help today. Its looking a lot better and there is a new layout courtesy of Paul Timbelake that should make for a good days racing tomorrow.

There will need to be more work days before the next regional and in the lead up to the national, so keep an eye on the Stotfold section.

See you all in the morning :thumbsup:

PaulUpton
07-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Ooooooh weather not looking so good!

Darren Boyle
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Ooooooh weather not looking so good!

Yeah but it has been nothing but sunny almost since the very second it was cancelled.........:thumbdown:. It looks like Kev's local weather forecast was in fact correct :woot:

RudeTony
07-06-2009, 02:23 PM
No comment......

Darren Boyle
07-06-2009, 02:59 PM
No comment...... Hindsight is a wonderful thing....... I thought you were going to EPR when you left anhow Tony?

RudeTony
07-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Decided that after getting up at 5.0am!! - milky coffee!! - the 3 Ss!! - drove for an hour via stopping to grab a bite for lunchtime!! - putting the bloody tent up and sorting all the gear out!! - charging batteries after sorting out the Geni!! - waiting for some 2 hours later and just as the sun gets out, the meeting is cancellled!! - well...........I git so f****f with e racing!!! - I came back home to unload all the bloody gear from the car!!!! - I evenually watch Jenson Button kick some arse in the F1.

Sorry, never got to EPR

:confused:

JCJC
07-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Seems to me its a shame when the weather looks bad, we have all done the meetings where we wish we had taken the rc boat. Stotfold are usually lucky with the weather, and I know the last Silverstone regional was iffy, more the parking on the footy field than water on the track these days, but would it be too last minute or even possible to transfer the regional meeting to an inside venue like PDA in Bicester, I know it ain't the same, but I would guess the venue would be ready to go and 50 racers would be an easy fit.

The last thing I want is to much indoor racing, have raced at Swindon, Stotfold, Silverstone on wet days, and on sunny days, have raced at CML when a wet suit would have been useful and the bomb hole needed a MP's duck house floating in it, but on a good dry day we all know racing is much more fulfilling.

I am not sure if this is a good idea, there are lots of things to be taken into account, costs and splits on the race fee's just a start.

Mick...........expecting to be shot down quickly on this one.....

Darren Boyle
07-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Decided that after getting up at 5.0am!! - milky coffee!! - the 3 Ss!! - drove for an hour via stopping to grab a bite for lunchtime!! - putting the bloody tent up and sorting all the gear out!! - charging batteries after sorting out the Geni!! - waiting for some 2 hours later and just as the sun gets out, the meeting is cancellled!! - well...........I git so f****f with e racing!!! - I came back home to unload all the bloody gear from the car!!!! - I evenually watch Jenson Button kick some arse in the F1.

Sorry, never got to EPR

:confused:

Similiar story here, watched the F1 too but then went back down to the shop to unload all the stock and just got back about 10mins ago, guess what....got bloody soaked again unloading my own race stuff off the van!! Started the day wet, ended it even wetter, may as well go and have a shower to freshen up now since I am bloody wet already......... :mad:

PaulUpton
07-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah was a shame about the weather today, since we got home has been loverly, and been in T shirt most of the afternoon!

Not all bad though, managed to get to silverstone and get the water off the track and have a afternoon of testing!

Is the meeting being resheduled?

Paul

Darren Boyle
07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I believe NOT, at present. TBC

jim76
07-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry, never got to EPR

shame, you missed a cracking meeting, surprisingly high turn out. We were grip rolling on the nice dry track! lol

KevLee
07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
shame, you missed a cracking meeting, surprisingly high turn out. We were grip rolling on the nice dry track! lol

The people that stayed didn't miss anything, i can safely say that everyone that stayed enjoyed it! T-shirt.... yellows... great afternoon:thumbsup:!

Even a few that wanted the regional cancelled stayed and enjoyed the racing.....

Glad you had fun though Jim... thanks for popping by... :)

Darren Boyle
07-06-2009, 09:57 PM
The people that stayed didn't miss anything, i can safely say that everyone that stayed enjoyed it! T-shirt.... yellows... great afternoon:thumbsup:!

Even a few that wanted the regional cancelled stayed and enjoyed the racing.....

Glad you had fun though Jim... thanks for popping by... :)

Think he was referring to EPR Kev not Stotfold.

Wish I had of stayed and raced at the clubby too now, but got to spend the afternoon with my little lad instead, which is rare on on sunday (due to racing all the time) and priceless for me, better than any race meeting at any track IMHO

Richard saunders
08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
is it being run this weekend or not :confused:

KevLee
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM
The word was that it couldn't be run this weekend. A lot of effort goes into organising these events and unfortunately there aren't the people available to prepare for, or run it this weekend.

I think its going to be 2 counting rounds from 3 this year, but I'm sure there will be an official announcement soon.

Darren Boyle
08-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Kev, another possability was the date we were all scratching our heads about on sunday morning - July 5th. We all thought it clashed with somthing that had immediate effect on us, but in truth it doesnt, the event we were "trying" to avoid was the Belgium GP, not a national or regional and not even in this country!!! (I know it will affect a "few" but then every weekend would not suit some)
Personnaly I cannot see why this date cannot now be used in this "emergancy" IF the club can do it and want to run (will be a real shame not to have a 4wd round at "possibly" the best track in our region this year) it is the week before your 2wd event but maybe that means the track only has to be "preparred" once more in order to run 2 meetings if the same (or very similar) layout is used.......

Richard saunders
09-06-2009, 08:06 PM
is there a club meeting this weekend :D

Swiss
10-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi Richard

Yes there is a club meeting this Sunday. In Keith's absence, John from Model Images will be running the meeting.

Hope this helps.

Paul