PDA

View Full Version : Kit settings?

paulj
07-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Does anybody know the kit settings for things such as front kick-up, anti squat, toe in, etc? It's got to be easier to set the car up from a known point which you can compare to different manufacturers cars that you've run.

There are a ton of options for the rear supplied with the car for rear toe, etc, I'm guessing 3deg standard with options for 2.5 and 1.5 supplied and as a guess also 1 deg anti squat which can be changed in 1deg increments by fitting the spacer plates.

Same with the front kick up by adding or removing the spacers it easy to adjust kick up to suit different track conditions, but how much is standard?

One thing that's a bit limiting is the choice of springs, I've got the harder front springs, white #75, but these don't seem much stiffer than the kit ones and they are the only stiffer front spring available from Kyosho. For the rear there are at least two stiffer springs than the kit version. Maybe AE or Losi springs are the answer?

jimmy
07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I've not spent the time to figure out all the pivot block options yet..
the damping im still struggling with also, the car with AE blues and 35wt in the back still is leaning right back on acceleration, possibly need some more antisquat ?

paulj
07-11-2005, 07:44 PM
increasing anti squat will make the rear ride higher under power but the downside is the rear is not as stable through bumps.
I wonder if the Losi blue pistons/AE green springs/30wt setup will work in the rear like Rich L is running in his BJ4? He runs with 1degree anti squat strangely enough.