PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya and vintage heats

racingdwarf
06-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Hi all

After a bit of a chat last sunday we will run a tamiya/vintage heat or heats. this is intended for and one who is just starting out in the hobby so they can race competativly ( hmm spelling) with a very basic car, also may give a few people a reason to have that blast from the past again ( OK I admit it I'm getting a hotshot:Dor may even get the old bosscat out).
and to try and get more people into club racing without having to spend a fortune!!

There will be a few basic rules

Any type of car can be used e.g wildwilly,lunchbox, hotshot ,frog, optima,old cats etc etc as long as it is 10th scale electic

Motors are std 540 or 27T old vintage hot motor can be used as long as we think it is old enough:woot: ( this may all change depending on how we get on)

NO schumacher mini spikes or balistic buggy tyres.

No rules on batterys

This is ment to be some cheep fun for us and fun for those wishing to join our hobby...Fools:D

See how we get on

Dave

Albertini
06-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I'll "see" your Hotshot with my Desert Gator....let battle commence:D

Dufty07
06-06-2009, 03:46 PM
so vintage cars driven by a vintage drivers then!!!!!!!!!:D

racingdwarf
06-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Thats not nice!.....I don't think you should class chris as vintage:woot:

jcb
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM
so vintage cars driven by a vintage drivers then!!!!!!!!!:D

:woot::thumbsup::woot::thumbsup::woot::thumbsup:

Albertini
06-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Like a fine wine that gets better with age:D....Heading for the fridge with a bottle opener:drool:.

JohnM
06-06-2009, 08:12 PM
There will be a few basic rules

Any type of car can be used e.g wildwilly,lunchbox, hotshot ,frog, optima,old cats etc etc as long as it is 10th scale electic

Motors are std 540 or 27T old vintage hot motor can be used as long as we think it is old enough:woot: ( this may all change depending on how we get on)

NO schumacher mini spikes or balistic buggy tyres.

No rules on batterys

Dave, any limits to the mods done to the car? I've got 2 Hotshots, one stays on the shelf, the other, lets say, isn't standard any more;)

I've made my own version of the 3 piece fibre-glass chassis we used to run in the olden days, so I can fit saddle LiPos in, plus a few other mods:thumbsup: