PDA

View Full Version : Alloy bulks heads? Yay or Nay?!

MHeadling
07-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I bust my rear bulk heads on the Cat Sx today at Epr, shall I get alloy ones or get some plastic ones?

I'm thinking all alloy isn't good as something has got to give but I have seen quite a few team drivers with them fitted.

jim76
07-06-2009, 09:45 PM
if you've broke a plastic one then yes, fit the alloy one to replace it. They are nice and beefy and will take something pretty special to break/bend! The shock tower should in theory give but they are pretty strong from what i tested today! lol

MHeadling
08-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Cheers Jim, I think I saw your Cat yesterday, black with PBM stickers? I think I marshalled it a few times and it didnt break so they must work!

jlong
08-06-2009, 08:57 AM
I think with the alloy ones in front you are more likely to break the shock tower than with the plastic ones. I have the alloy uppers and have gone back to the plastic ones in front for that reason.

jim76
08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Cheers Jim, I think I saw your Cat yesterday, black with PBM stickers? I think I marshalled it a few times and it didnt break so they must work!

Yes, i did strength test it a few times over the table top! Came through totally unscathed! The shock tower will break if you have a major crash at the wrong angle, but in fairness if you crash hard enough something will always break. The Alloy tops will hopefully prevent any breaks from lesser impacts.

MHeadling
08-06-2009, 10:51 AM
cheers guys, I have ordered up a front and rear set.

I like the new out drive savers too!! ( Oswestry National Report) more bling for the cat, its all good!!