PDA

View Full Version : Racing 16th June

dayxwalker
11-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Is it on ? I know there are some going away to the regional this weekend thats all ? And sometimes it's not on when that happens ?

chrispattinson
11-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Yes, racing is on. Ive got the key, laptop and bugs.
Might be looking to get rid of it after this week though, as if Sarah goes into labour, the I wont be able to bring all the stuff.

N7ELA
11-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Is it on ? I know there are some going away to the regional this weekend thats all ? And sometimes it's not on when that happens ?

Its always on after a regional. Unless we cant get in the school....

I think we should ask people who want to race in the summer and 6 weeks holidays to pay in advance. This would give us a good idea of who is going to turn up and wether its worth paying for the hall. Then if numbers are low some nights we can still go in the hall and have a mess about...

Dalla
11-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Neil,
Had a word with Alfie on my way out last Tues, looks like we might be able to get in 4 weeks out of two i.e. when Alfie isn't on holiday. We could probably do Tims idea of racing outdoors on the school field, with a bit of persuasion and if we could be bothered cutting grass and logging ropes about, moving the trailer etc....... I think I have talked myself out of that one :o)

chris68nufc
11-06-2009, 06:30 PM
All depends on the weather though. Outdoor racing would be good but would be a right chew on. I should be there this week hopefully. Got to get a BJ4 back to the top again!!!

dayxwalker
11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I will be there all summer and if need be I can pay up front !
I really could not do without racing for 6 weeks !
Would we not need a Genny for the outdoor tho ?

My mates coming this tue with his Cougar 2 again !

chris68nufc
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Your hooked arent you Tim??
Im moving further north in the next couple of weeks so im hoping that the travel isnt too much of a nightmare:thumbdown:

dayxwalker
11-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Your hooked arent you Tim??
Im moving further north in the next couple of weeks so im hoping that the travel isnt too much of a nightmare:thumbdown:

Well I travel about 40 Mins each way but its not to bad !

Yep am hooked ! Ever since packing up 15 years ago I always wanted to come back but always put it off. You know distractions of youth ... Cars .....Girls....Houses......Wife.......Kids !

N7ELA
12-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Well I travel about 40 Mins each way but its not to bad !

Yep am hooked ! Ever since packing up 15 years ago I always wanted to come back but always put it off. You know distractions of youth ... Cars .....Girls....Houses......Wife.......Kids !

Girl girls girls, I have a genny... I would rather race indoors as i know the weather is too unpredictable... Plus the jarra skins will have the track nicked quicker than we can build it. if its not nailed down in jarra its anybodys... Im sure thats a local bylaw round there. Same as if you dont lock your front door someone can legally come in, service your lass and yer dog and theres nothing you can do about it...

and I can only do 2 weeks out o 3 due to these pesky shifts...

chris68nufc
14-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Whats the banter for Tuesday night then?? Is it 2WD or 4WD? Looking forward to it already. Got to get a BJ4 back to the top again.

N7ELA
14-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Whats the banter for Tuesday night then?? Is it 2WD or 4WD? Looking forward to it already. Got to get a BJ4 back to the top again.

4wd for me. Gotta get it tuned right up...

chris68nufc
14-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Cool, i will be there with my 4 wheeled charriot

Shifta
15-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Dont think I'll make it tomorrow like.. I'm all raced out after the regional :yawn:
We need to get us a 1/10th astro track in the N/E.. What an Awesome weekend it was :thumbsup:
Well done James a Superb drive in 4wd and if only you made it into tha A 2wd you'd have given them a good run for their money.. You're car looked sorted in the final..

N7ELA
16-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Dont think I'll make it tomorrow like.. I'm all raced out after the regional :yawn:
We need to get us a 1/10th astro track in the N/E.. What an Awesome weekend it was :thumbsup:
Well done James a Superb drive in 4wd and if only you made it into tha A 2wd you'd have given them a good run for their money.. You're car looked sorted in the final..

Thats nee good that mind... Get yer self racing...

You going tonight chrissy p???

chrispattinson
16-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Transponders are charging, Ill be there 4WD.

I think a BJ4 will win this week.-> My car is still a mess, havnt had time to sort it, still no tyres either :(

It'll still go round the track though.Anyone fancy an oval track?

Chris, Ill bring those JC wheels for you.

If Dalla is reading this, can you bring a spare CAT 2000 EC/SE/98 laydown wishbone with you, Ill buy it off you, or if anyone elsa has one????

Who will be the surprise B finalists this week?

turbo_brick
16-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Who will be the surprise B finalists this week?

Probably me as I've just chuucked the x-5 back together.

Peter

chris68nufc
16-06-2009, 09:06 PM
good night tonight. I took tq and ran away with the final. Sorry lads. Rule bj4!!

dayxwalker
16-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Well done Chris P ! TQ and win ! Really enjoyed it tonight loved the jump section. I am lovin the B44 !

chrispattinson
17-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Well done Chris P ! TQ and win ! Really enjoyed it tonight loved the jump section. I am lovin the B44 !

All races last night were good. The final was hardwork though, I was gutted when I ran wide going on to the straight, and you got through. It was a big effort to get back past you - I knew I had to make amove quickly, because there's no way I could have driven on the edge to catch you for the full race.

chrispattinson
17-06-2009, 07:38 AM
good night tonight. I took tq and ran away with the final. Sorry lads. Rule bj4!!

Yeah well done Chris... you've finally gone loopy.
To be fair, I think everyone was on the same-ish pace last night, just depended on mistakes.

dayxwalker
17-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Yea most had 16sec laps and some had the odd 15 but I didn't get one 15 but I didn't make any mistakes. I prefare to hold back a tiny bit as the mistakes cost time and make you fustrated and you try and make up the time but that time is gone and you have to except that as pushing leads to more mistakes !
That's my take on it

turbo_brick
17-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I enjoyed last night aswell, jump was certainly different.

and I'm surprised the x-5 belt survived a certain persons driving :p

Peter

FERRETTI
17-06-2009, 02:26 PM
That was a good result for the Tamiyas a first and a third :cool:

1st in the A and a 3rd in the B that is:woot:

chrispattinson
17-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, that jump was really good, it didnt need big air, but it was still technical, good stuff :thumbs up:

The Yok dogfighter looked stable going over it aswell.

Of course, both Tamiya cars took it in their stride.

It did need the pole putting on the corner though, to prevent any corner cutting.

N7ELA
17-06-2009, 05:26 PM
The tamiya was lucky. Doubt it will be as lucky next week mind....

dayxwalker
17-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Slay The Tamiya !

N7ELA
18-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Slay The Tamiya !

After he gives me those tyres, but before i pay him all the money i owe him....