PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Fisheye madness

jimmy
11-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Borrowed a fisheye for a lunchtime at work, very nice indeed it was , you wouldnt beleive how close i had to get for some of these shots, stuck the car in a puddle for some fancy shots and had to have the elbows in the puddle !

anyway thought i would share, i love this lens!! can i keep it ?:bounce:

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/fish01.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/fish02.jpg
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/fish03.jpg

SimonW
11-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Hi Jimmy
I used to be into mountainbiking and all the shots were like this(in the mags), try takin a piccy of a car in mid flight over a double it looks like the gap is massive you might have to experiment a little but when you get it right it looks f--kin good m8.

jimmy
11-11-2005, 10:24 PM
aye, that would be nice.. sadly this lens is borrowed and he does magazine stuff / setting up his own magazine, so uses it all the time. Do fancy getting one though some time, they are really expensive so might be a while.
good job it has a little lens hood on it, i bumped it into the car a couple of times trying to get closer!

andys
13-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Jimmy.

Not sure what were looking at here. Just looks like you've not followed the instructions when assembling Vicky's car ?

Or has she pranged it already, wrapped it around the odd lampost perhaps ?

Seriously though, can't you by a fisheye 'add-on' lens for cheap money, one that attatched to your standard lens ? Fancy one of them myself I do.

jimmy
15-11-2005, 08:59 AM
you can get wide angle adaptors, but not sure you can get a true fisheye ?? i guess you cant get the same quality as this lens anyway, very nice it is, i think all proper fisheyes are quite expensive.

Bathy
22-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Them pictures look gurt mint Jimmy, you need to get a fishy lens!

Also your 'birds' car is looking ace... I mean your wife's car!

PaulRotheram
22-11-2005, 06:11 PM
lets hope mrs o0ple dont see your post bathy :wink: :D

jimmy
22-11-2005, 08:08 PM
best watch it bathy, she might be kicking your ass next year with it ! haha.. ok, i doubt it... :safe:

the fisheye would be nice for taking track photos, lot easier than photo stitching anyway

emzy
22-11-2005, 09:26 PM
best watch it bathy, she might be kicking your ass next year with it ! haha.. ok, i doubt it... :safe:

Hmm I think she will! As long as there's no Twister to distract her...

Bathy
22-11-2005, 10:50 PM

Hmm I think she will! As long as there's no Twister to distract her...

I'll be ok... Mrs oOple would have to buy me a 2wd car before being able to kick my arse :wink:

Anyway this thread is meant to be about fishy eyed lens things!

mole2k
06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
A fish eye is one lense I've always wanted to play with.

bigred5765
12-03-2006, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=jimmy]Borrowed a fisheye for a lunchtime at work, very nice indeed it was , you wouldnt beleive how close i had to get for some of these shots, stuck the car in a puddle for some fancy shots and had to have the elbows in the puddle !

anyway thought i would share, i love this lens!! can i keep it ?:bounce:

dont think it would handle to good if it looked like that lol:D