ok i'm new and have recently purchased a dark impact and a mamba max

system well from what i've been reading over the last couple of hours is

that i will need a slipper and as that the tamiya slipper isnt listed on tower

hobbies i was wondering if you can just use the B4 or another makes

slipper clutch and fit it to the stock tamiya shaft

Slippers wont fit stock shaft.

Heres a link to a DF03 slipper kit.
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=1&products_id=8643

Im not 100% sure on if a B4 spur and pads will fit but worth a try, I have seen a ZX-5 spur and pads used on the df03 and I use a B4 spur and pads on my ZX-5. The B4 spur has a fraction bigger shaft hole but shouldnt be a problem.

Hope this helps
omen1975

jimmy
28-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I have the Tamiya slipper and use B4 spur and b4 pads (since I already had some) - much much better than using the .5 module spurs with 48 dp pinions. the sound was horrific.

The hole in the b4 spur just needs reaming out slightly - very gently, since it needs to be centred properly.. it took me a matter of seconds.
The mamba max will kill the rear diff in one lap if you don't put a slipper on there, thats what I found. Even with a slipper the diff slips now since it needs new plates and balls :(

DCM
28-02-2007, 10:29 AM
plus proper diff outdrives, that holds the plates more stable so wont stuff the plates or balls up in the look of an eye.

jimmy
28-02-2007, 10:31 AM
true - true. I am going to replace mine with metal ones.

DCM
28-02-2007, 10:34 AM
I managed to get Tamiya front diff outdrives which slapped right inplace, so am happy, think I might get some CVDs on the rear too.

Elliott Hopkins
28-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I checked for noise in the drivetrain of my DI last night and OH MY GOD, it IS the pinion and spur isn't it. It sounded awful.

Elliott.

p.s. I ran my Tamiya Egress at the CML Raceway on Sunday (in the breaks). Good god is this a good car. My car glided, floated, cornered beautifully and landed from jumps like it was landing on a matress. It was so smooth.

vroom88
28-02-2007, 09:14 PM
ok so i can use the B4 slipper components so does that mean i need to

even bother with buying the tamiya one?

jimmy
28-02-2007, 11:48 PM
you need the tamiya one since you are only changing the spur and slipper pads. You are still using the main shaft, spring, tophat washer and nut. You can fit the b4 81t spur on BUT you need to dremel out the gear cover a little (because the 81t B4 spur is larger than the 82t tamiya spur) but the 78t b4 should fit in there fine.

Elliott Hopkins
26-03-2007, 03:52 PM
'owdo,

still banging on about the DI.

Does anyone have a 48dp gear chart for it. There is one about, but I just need it sticking in front of my face.

Ta.

Elliott.