PDA

View Full Version : My first go at painting.

VONDUTCH
28-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Just thought I'd post these pics to see what anyone might think of my first go at painting a shell.Not very modern I know-seems like everyone's into graphics and flames.I will do another one-any other "first efforts" to show off?

TRF_Tastic
28-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Thats nice and clean I would be very pleased with that for a first effort!!

DCM
28-02-2007, 12:20 PM
most important with that shell, no bleeds, designs are designs and personal taste, getting no bleeds and colour depth are far more important, GOOD EFFORT.

bigred5765
28-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Awesome job, first attempt or not,great job on the red to orange fade nice and smooth,clean,crisp pinstripes well done lovin it,now you got the bug,??

philly
28-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Vondutch is being modest here. It is great work, even more so when you know he did all with spray cans!

b4rs
28-02-2007, 09:58 PM
nice job, not sure about the color scheme down centre, but if you like it, thts wot counts, :) i couldnt do such a neat job on my first effort, nice one!

VONDUTCH
28-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Thanks very much guys:) I used mainly Fast Finish paint in cans as Philly kindly mentioned though I did use a bit of Custom Colour too without any probs. I did also use some cut down to fit internal decals for the lower feature.The shell is solid red down the sides-its only my photography that tricks you into thinking otherwise:confused: My photography skills are perhaps less than my shell painting:D Anyhow thanks again for the feedback.