PDA

View Full Version : bye bye f1.....

Garry Spice
19-06-2009, 06:02 AM
so 8 teams have gone.....bye bye bernie!

David Church
19-06-2009, 06:24 AM
This is gonna be interesting!!!!! handbags at dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!

qatmix
19-06-2009, 07:23 AM
ULP!

Hog
19-06-2009, 07:38 AM
United we stand. Divided we fall. Bye bye F1.

Now - for some real action - can we get banger racing back on TV like the good old days of World of Sport on ITV :D

spud31
19-06-2009, 07:40 AM
But whos goona be dicky davis to present it lol.
Dave your old like me wasnt it always from Wimbledon stadium?

Rich

DCM
19-06-2009, 07:47 AM
I hope this is Bye Bye Max Mosley to be honest, they can't expect companies to spend millions of pounds and have no say in the rules, at all.

RickRick
19-06-2009, 08:03 AM
and take no share of the profits from tv and stuff

Hairy Spider
19-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Let's face it, F1's been dying for some time. This could be just the kick in the 'rse it needs...

Nick Goodall
19-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I think it will be the best thing to happen to the sport in years!

Let the Teams control the sport and come up with their own fresh ideas - it'll be awesome.

I think they've just proved a point to Max - he said they could survive without Ferrari but i'd like to see them try without Mclaren, Renault, Brawn, RedBull etc etc......

I think he'll either have to quit and back down or we're just going to see F1 replaced with effectively a new name and some different rules.

bodgit
19-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Although it may herald a return to ferrari/McLaren dominating the sport again it would be worth it just to lose the morons who have been ruining F1 for so many years with stupid rules, trying to slow the cars down.
I hope we lose the stupid compulrory running a race on soft and hard tyre rule, the car should be run on its optimum set up. I would love to see the return of qualifying where each team got 12 laps to set a best time, was,nt it great to see the likes of schumaches/hill driving over the line in the dying seconds to set the fastest time.
Bernie will be no loss with his "you will do as I say attitude".
finally lets hope they drop donnington and stay with silverstone the home of F1

telboy
19-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Thing is, If a breakaway F1 sets up, it'll probably end up on bloody sky sports, so we'll end up having to pay for it!

Richard brandson should take it over and give it ts own channel. :)

bigred5765
19-06-2009, 08:36 AM
the 8 teams that have left are in the process of setting up there own series because they say max is holding up car/motor development,i say go for it.
http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Motorsport/Headlines/0,,12555~1696156,00.html

MotoRev
19-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I bet the BBC are pi##ed off! :cry:

They could be left with a right turkey having forked out to get F1 back. Gutted.

xjr14
19-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Well, everyone blaming Max and Bernie should be very careful regarding the new series! Who says we get our beloved low-fuel-12-lap-qualy back as well as other stuff. Big automotive companies have ruined severall championchips in the past and present (BPR/FIA GT, WTCC, old DTM, new DTM (effectevly run by Audi and Merc, and it`s not good for the fan!!!)), and now they run their own series at this level that`s supposed to be working? I say NEVER! I would only be interested if the new rival series wasn`t a open-wheelers championchip, but some sort of le mans prototype sprint race championchip.

xjr14
19-06-2009, 08:50 AM
...and, manufactures come and go as they like! Series must be based on teams that go racing for a living and not as a marketing-thing!!! Especially at this rather hard times.

DCM
19-06-2009, 08:58 AM
FOTA have said, that they would make it cheaper and more accessible to the fans, to watch the event, so with that, I would assume that PPV channels would not get it, and it would either be on terrestrial or a free digital channel.

The BBC may well have a clause in the contract, that would allow a get out, if there was a SIGNIFICANT change in the event.

Ant
19-06-2009, 09:12 AM
One thing that will be sure is that Max will do his upmost to ensure that none of the 8 teams win the championship this year.......or one will become a bigtime scapegoat!

mikeyscott
19-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I want Ferrari, Mclaren to head to GT / endurance racing.

Goodbye Mosley and good ridence.

Nick Goodall
19-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Goodbye Mosley and good ridence.

Why though? That's just like a boring tamed down version of F1.

F1 is the pinnacle of Motorsport, it would be a shame to lose in completely, i'd love to see a new form of F1 with less rules, big budgets and all the familiar teams / drivers.

Welshy40
19-06-2009, 10:15 AM
About time to. To think this sport is where the development is supposed to happen on new car products, but down sizing and slowing these cars down defies logik. Heck I can go out and by a road car (for a huge amount of dosh) that will be quiker than an F1 car. Why??? These guys are paid huge amounts of money and its about time they went quicker, not slower. Bernie and spaz Mosley should leave now.

Hog
19-06-2009, 10:16 AM
But whos goona be dicky davis to present it lol.
Dave your old like me wasnt it always from Wimbledon stadium?

Rich

Wimbledon, Ipswich, Yarmouth and Aldershot..........Spedeworth had a monopoly it seems.

Nostalgia is leaf springs and crossply tyres...........

Nick Goodall
19-06-2009, 10:18 AM
About time to. To think this sport is where the development is supposed to happen on new car products, but down sizing and slowing these cars down defies logik. Heck I can go out and by a road car (for a huge amount of dosh) that will be quiker than an F1 car. Why??? These guys are paid huge amounts of money and its about time they went quicker, not slower. Bernie and spaz Mosley should leave now.

I don't think there's a single road car that would get near an F1 car, not even close.

peetbee
19-06-2009, 11:19 AM
I find it amusing that Bernie and Max were part of FOCA (FOTA's predecessor) and that it's the teams that put them (especially Bernie) where they are now!

In my opinion F1 needed Bernie in the late 70's into the 1980s to get it more professional. I also think that the problem these days is more Max than Bernie, it's interesting to see how he's distanced himself a bit from Max over the last year or so.

Lee
19-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Does anyone think it will actually happen? I can not see Max etc letting so many of the big teams that make F1 walk away, they will come to a compromise.

I think though if it were to happen you would have bernie running the new series in some form or another. Even if it was not publically known he would not miss another opportunity to make a few quid.

I can't see it splitting but it will be nice to watch the fire works over the next month or so. Also do Lola know some thing, they have spent millions on design for a 2010 car and get put on the reserve list (not by PW :lol:) and then when they realistically have a chance of entering F1 they pull out. Are they too going to go in a new series? This season needed some excitement :)

kwik
19-06-2009, 11:54 AM
feel free to disagree, but i think there shouldnt be a season next year, so it gives all the upcoming teams and existing teams to sort out F1 and get it back on the road....

they should keep F1, make the rules simpeler and make the cars faster and noisier, and during that year all the new cars are made and its all happy familys.... :woot:

mole2k
19-06-2009, 02:34 PM
The biggest problem I see is the loss of some of the great circuits which the new series might not get access too; monaco, spa, etc.

Nick Goodall
19-06-2009, 02:38 PM
The biggest problem I see is the loss of some of the great circuits which the new series might not get access too; monaco, spa, etc.

I think the new series whatever it ends up being called will get preference to these Circuits over "F1" as we know it - Providing that it does actually split into 2 championships.

I can't see there being room for both though, who in their right mind is going to go and watch Williams blitz Prodrive, Lola and USF1? It'll be worse the F3 or even worse A1GP!

There's only room for one of the two, and i think it's fair to say it'll be wherever Ferrari, McLaren and the big boys go to play :lol:

mole2k
19-06-2009, 03:25 PM
A friend of mine was afraid the new series would get rubbish coverage but I could see it quite easily taking over as the main series due to the teams that'll be in it. As long as the tracks arnt stuck under some contractual obligations that would hopefully mean all the good tracks go to the new series.

greggy
19-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Wimbledon, Ipswich, Yarmouth and Aldershot..........Spedeworth had a monopoly it seems.

Nostalgia is leaf springs and crossply tyres...........

:mad: and what about
belle vue
kings lynn
coventry
brands
mallory

lol

Benh
19-06-2009, 07:53 PM
One thing that will be sure is that Max will do his upmost to ensure that none of the 8 teams win the championship this year.......or one will become a bigtime scapegoat!

They picked on McLaren all last year, if they do well this weekend with their new diffusers, they'll probably get another large dose.

Gonna be a tough challenge stopping Brawn winning the Championship, even if he popped them on the back of the grid at every race. If he does, I can see the headline - "Buttons undone by Mosley - This time in full view" :woot:

telboy
19-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I think you will find this (if the split occurs - which I doubt it will), F1 as we know it now will become a middle eastern/asian series, as this is what Max/Bernie want as the advertising laws aren't as heavy over there.

The 'new F1' will be European and US based as this is where most of the teams are based.

Personally, I think they will work something out, even it means Max being ousted, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Get Eddie Jordan in as FIA president! thats wat I say.:thumbsup:

kwik
19-06-2009, 07:56 PM
eddie and coulthart FIA presidents!!! lol yeah that would be great....

no more stupid KERS, more money, more noise, more FREEDOM

Welshy40
19-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't think there's a single road car that would get near an F1 car, not even close.

Top end the Bugatti Veyron. Maclaren F1 road car both can easily do 241, so how many times has an F1 car hit that speed in the last ten years, mmm doubt even once. When Senna and Mansell and Prost raced they were hitting over 200 regularly, now its slower and more boring.

Graeme
19-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I think you will find this (if the split occurs - which I doubt it will), F1 as we know it now will become a middle eastern/asian series, as this is what Max/Bernie want as the advertising laws aren't as heavy over there.

The 'new F1' will be European and US based as this is where most of the teams are based.

Personally, I think they will work something out, even it means Max being ousted, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Get Eddie Jordan in as FIA president! thats wat I say.:thumbsup:

I think Terry's pretty spot on here. Little by little the Grand Prix are heading east where the cash is and the cigarette related laws aren't.

Personally I 'd oust Bernie purely based on his haircut - someone with that amount of money should be able to do better - is his missus blind?

Bring back turbos, ground effect, unlimited tyres (none of this two obligatory compound kerfuffle) and a ban on refuelling to oblige overtaking to take place on the track and not in the pits.

Rant over!

Cheers

Graeme

SlowOne
19-06-2009, 08:29 PM
This is surely about getting rid of Max, isn't it? The teams are p****d off with his constant changing of Rules, and want to get back to some stability.

Goodbye Mosley and good ridence.I don't! Which TV station is going to clear a schedule for a 4, 6 or 12 hour race, and would anyone watch it!

I don't think there's a single road car that would get near an F1 car, not even close.Ever seen the Marlboro promotion film? McLaren F1 v Porsche 911 Turbo v Honda Civic in Portugal. Honda sets off, followed by Porsche 25 seconds later, followed by McLaren just over a minute later - standing start, one lap. McLaren crosses the line ahead of them both. Can you find me the road car that does 0-160-0 in under ten seconds, generates 4g in a corner, and will go from 200mph to 60 mph in under 100 metres? If you took the aero off an F1 car it would do over 300 mph! Bugatti Veyron - pah!! :D

I find it amusing that Bernie and Max were part of FOCA (FOTA's predecessor) and that it's the teams that put them (especially Bernie) where they are now!

In my opinion F1 needed Bernie in the late 70's into the 1980s to get it more professional. I also think that the problem these days is more Max than Bernie, it's interesting to see how he's distanced himself a bit from Max over the last year or so.My thoughts too. Back in the late 1980s, we had the same situation with a guy called Jean-Marie Balestre, Max's predecessor. We went through the same things, we had the same threats, we even had boycotts of GPs. And, guess what, we still have F1.

Did you hear the interview with Bernie today? He denied there was a problem, said he hadn't read the FOTA statement, and that he didn't see where the problem was. He refused to say anything about it. there's a man with a problem to solve, and waiting for his moment!

The FIA has a huge income from F1, and if Max puts that in jeopardy, he's in trouble. Bernie has contracts with the TV stations and circuits to provide specific drivers and incomes. Neither of them can afford to let this happen. Bernie and FOTA depend on each other for the income, but Max is dispensable. We've been here before, and the answer was to do what the Teams and Bernie want - to continue with the contracts that bring in the gravy, and to reduce costs by having Rule stability. And who doesn't want that? And who does not control what the Teams do to earn their money?

Sayonara Max Rufus Mosley... ;)

rich_cree
19-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Top end the Bugatti Veyron. Maclaren F1 road car both can easily do 241, so how many times has an F1 car hit that speed in the last ten years, mmm doubt even once. When Senna and Mansell and Prost raced they were hitting over 200 regularly, now its slower and more boring.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/21/honda-f1-sets-land-speed-records-at-bonneville/

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Fuel

"with the fastest cars reaching the end of the 1/4 mile in less than 4.5 seconds at speeds up to 337 mph (530 km/h). "

So to sum up none of the current road cars are really even remotely exceptional in straight line or laptime when compared to race cars.

As for suggesting the teams would be better off doing GT racing, on the face of it GT racing may look better because every car looks different, thats only because the design process is much less optimised. If F1 teams got involved they's all get much closer to the optimum, in fact I'd argue that the current F1 rules force engineers to be creative, whereas the GT rules make it a bit easier.

Welshy40
19-06-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/21/honda-f1-sets-land-speed-records-at-bonneville/

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Fuel

"with the fastest cars reaching the end of the 1/4 mile in less than 4.5 seconds at speeds up to 337 mph (530 km/h). "

So to sum up none of the current road cars are really even remotely exceptional in straight line or laptime when compared to race cars.

As for suggesting the teams would be better off doing GT racing, on the face of it GT racing may look better because every car looks different, thats only because the design process is much less optimised. If F1 teams got involved they's all get much closer to the optimum, in fact I'd argue that the current F1 rules force engineers to be creative, whereas the GT rules make it a bit easier.

The two links relate to cars that cant go round corners so doesnt really count ad dont forget mach one was achieved in a jet powered car. F1 cars are slower in a straight line on a race track and just because they make a gearbox for straight line speed doesnt mean itll reach that on a circuit. But then again compared to the older f1 cars these new cars are slow. Lemans cars hit a higher top end and do cracking somersaults at over 200 mph. Still the reason its pants is because of bernie and max and they should leave. I would like to shake the guys hands whoever they are who stole bernies car wheels. His face was a picture.

racestar 11
19-06-2009, 10:36 PM
What i dont understand is how a football team is allowed to buy one player for 80 million but an f1 team is only allowed half that amount to run a team for a season where is the logic in that, get rid of the idiots in suits that make these rules and let em spend the money on the greatest spectical in motorsport

4wdlover
21-06-2009, 08:13 PM
it's going to be interesting, to say the least.

Hog
22-06-2009, 04:01 PM
:mad: and what about
belle vue
kings lynn
coventry
brands
mallory

lol

Don't recall those being covered on the old World of Sport. I may be wrong of course. Did they run bangers at Mallory Park - it's huge!

Nick Goodall
22-06-2009, 04:23 PM

I think the Acceleration is more the issue though, Top end takes a long time in a Mac F1 - An F1 car would have been and gone by the time it gets there.

SlowOne
24-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Sayonara Max Rufus Mosley... ;)You read it here first!! :D :D

Not a great loss compared to what's been preserved...