PDA

View Full Version : Any news on how the Pro X and madrat did at there debut national at EPR?

JBL
21-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm interested to learn how competative the cars were at EPR over the weekend.

Darren Boyle
21-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Did not spot any running myself......... (but could be wrong did not watch "every" car)

Wraggy
21-06-2009, 10:19 PM
there was one in my Heat, didnt seem to go to bad but i did see it after the final and was looking a little worse for wear shall i say :cry: T-plate had snapped by the looks of it

stox217
21-06-2009, 10:20 PM
common fault :yawn:
need's beefing up or carbonfibred
hence its my back up / spare car :D

Body Paint
22-06-2009, 12:15 PM
It did look OK actually, seemed to be going around pretty well in fact.

Though I did notice it struggled to fit in 'The Box'. The front end seems a little wide. Oh, and the broken T plate.

DCM
22-06-2009, 12:18 PM
It did look OK actually, seemed to be going around pretty well in fact.

Though I did notice it struggled to fit in 'The Box'. The front end seems a little wide. Oh, and the broken T plate.

you got a B4 caster block and steering knuckle pre-assembled, that I could maybe try on the car, dude, that should narrow it down a little.

Nick Goodall
22-06-2009, 12:58 PM
you got a B4 caster block and steering knuckle pre-assembled, that I could maybe try on the car, dude, that should narrow it down a little.

I'd heard that someone just trimmed the front hexes down a bit? Shouldn't be too hard if it was marginal?

bigred5765
22-06-2009, 01:02 PM
wasnt just that, spencer had to run rb5 front rims and grinde the axles,im sure he will be along later with a list of what he had to do to make it legal.

jimmy
22-06-2009, 01:02 PM
He ground down the axles (they stick out way past the nuts) and fitted Kyosho front wheels (not sure if that was needed, but apparently so. )

Chrislong
22-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Shame about the width, might be simple to fit Kyosho wheels but it shouldn't need any "know-how" for a beginner to pick one of these and race, it isn't a top level racer afterall, but now there is - know how to make it fit the BRCA box *thumbs down*

The T-plate is too weak, needs beefing up, when it goes it also breaks the lugs off the gearbox.

I like the Pro shocks, very smooth!

Id have been impressed if the car ran out of the box, but now we know - it doesn't fit the BRCA box and its needing some beefing up. Come on Ansmann your missing a big chance here to fill a big hole in the market! But it needs to be fool and bomb proof, its otherwise very close to being that.

Jamie.T
22-06-2009, 02:42 PM
One word = PRICE £££

If Ansmann were to make all these changes then the price would be increased, then people would moan its too expensive!

For example, if we were to add tyres and inserts into the kit, the price would be increased by £10, but people are happy to use their own.

I also dont think that the people at Team C in china even considered the fact if it would fit the Uk BRCA box.

MikePimlott
22-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes the lugs broke on the gearbox aswell as the T-plate snapped was unlucky as the car other than when it broke it looked good and went round ok. The mad rat was opened then for the spares !!!! bargain.

The kyosho wheels where only used cause the ansmann ones had been cut down and made narrow this may have been too bitey on track so kyosho wider ones stepped in.

B4 front axle holders and axles will fit and will make the axle hight adjustable but they need drilling to allow the ansmann pin to pass through.

plus this weekend i know a kit B44 that struggled to get in the box and the axles were filed on that too.

sosidge
22-06-2009, 03:11 PM
One word = PRICE £££

If Ansmann were to make all these changes then the price would be increased, then people would moan its too expensive!

For example, if we were to add tyres and inserts into the kit, the price would be increased by £10, but people are happy to use their own.

I also dont think that the people at Team C in china even considered the fact if it would fit the Uk BRCA box.

Pretty foolish not to consider the car's width considering the BRCA width is the same as the IFMAR width, it's not as if the BRCA are insisting on a narrow car.

It is an easy problem to address, a few changes to moulds and the way the metalworking machines are set up will sort the problems. It depends how much leverage Ansmann have over their supplier. Cost would be negligible once spread across the number of units being manufactured.

Ultimately, failure to address the obvious issues the car is suffering from will cost sales. Ansmann need to decide whether they are trying to break into the racing market, or whether they are happy to stick to the basher market. Companies like Associated and Kyosho have got to where they are by constantly addressing the problems with the cars, I know that when Kyosho first launched the Lazer ZX-5 they made running changes to a series of strengthened parts to solve the problems that showed up in racing.

Jamie.T
22-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Exactly how much wider is the x-pro than the specified BRCA width then? At a guess it only a 2 minute file width away?

Chrislong
22-06-2009, 03:24 PM
One word = PRICE £££

The UK BRCA box, is same size for all racing groups worldwide.... easy info to find (www.brca.org / handbook/ Efra website, Ifmar website etc) and a little corner cut by skipping 5 minutes research before making moulds, but an expensive one to rectify.

I agree on tyres, and keeping the cost down - as long as there is an upgrade to strengthen the T-brace then thats fine, as then there is a part to recommend - and hey presto, upgrades sold - if not spares of the std... but still would have been nicer to have been stronger in the first place.

DCM
22-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Exactly how much wider is the x-pro than the specified BRCA width then? At a guess it only a 2 minute file width away?

it is worth going back to Team C, and asking for slightly short front axles, it would bennefit them, and can be implemented as a roling change in kits, thinners hexes to sit the wheels in 1mm either side, and axle 2.5mm shorter would do the trick.

Jamie.T
22-06-2009, 03:29 PM
I will mention it to head office, but between us and Germany we have over 3000 kits in stock. Probabaly a bit late to send them all back for modding.

Think the strengthened "T" brace will soon become available as an upgrade.

As for the shorter wheel axles and narrower hexes, i think the file will need to come out.

DCM
22-06-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah, but you wouldn't have to upgrade the current kits, just offer the parts as a 'conversion' at a suitable cost, and any other kits that haven't been delivered from HK, have the parts changed in the factory.

All about being 'intuitive' to the consumer, it would make no difference to the basher, but all the difference to the racer.

Jamie.T
22-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Ive sent this thread details to head office, will update when i receive news.

Bungleaio
22-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Xray offered free upgrade parts that were shipped directly from the distributor when problems were identified with the T2 008, maybe thats something that Ansmann could think about looking at rather than sending all the existing kits back.

DaveG28
22-06-2009, 04:12 PM
it is worth going back to Team C, and asking for slightly short front axles, it would bennefit them, and can be implemented as a roling change in kits, thinners hexes to sit the wheels in 1mm either side, and axle 2.5mm shorter would do the trick.

So the wheel sits too wide as well as the axles? Any aftermarket hexes which sort the wheel problem, or do you file down the hex width?

Bit poor really, but then again Yokomo managed to forget to make the Bmax axles fit too so they are not alone!!

3000 units in stock for Europe??? Jeez!

carty
22-06-2009, 04:25 PM
i hope Ansmann take more notice of this buggy than they did with the Hurrax 1/5 they marketed recently, it took ages to get the faults and upgrades sorted by which time the model as a racer was a dead/joke, this is all thats putting me off the pro as its very closely priced to the stealth which is readily avaliable for 139

Nick Goodall
22-06-2009, 04:28 PM
It will soon be sorted i'm sure of it, sounds like the front Axles aren't far off at all - at least in the mean time there's obviously a quick easy way to get it sorted.

Re the T-Piece that is currently being drawn up as a Carbon fibre option which shouldn't be too expensive, that's really the only two gripes i've heard of on the car so it's not looking bad considering people would have no doubt give it a fairly hard time with all the power available in Lipo & Brushless form!

I hope to be running mine within a week and will be doing some thorough testing on various surfaces.

DCM
22-06-2009, 04:33 PM
So the wheel sits too wide as well as the axles? Any aftermarket hexes which sort the wheel problem, or do you file down the hex width?

Bit poor really, but then again Yokomo managed to forget to make the Bmax axles fit too so they are not alone!!

3000 units in stock for Europe??? Jeez!

it is an option to do, to give you clearance, and really, could be done with machining/cnc parts and not having to make new moulds. If you move the wheels in, you are assured clearance, plus you can then reduce the axle length to ensure clearance too.

Jamie.T
22-06-2009, 05:43 PM
i hope Ansmann take more notice of this buggy than they did with the Hurrax 1/5 they marketed recently, it took ages to get the faults and upgrades sorted by which time the model as a racer was a dead/joke, this is all thats putting me off the pro as its very closely priced to the stealth which is readily avaliable for 139

I can assure you Ansmann really will take more notice of their new 1/10 cars compared to the Hurrax. For one they are Ansmann branded cars and not a distribution, which gives us a lot more leverage in changing/modifing design aspects.

carty
22-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I can assure you Ansmann really will take more notice of their new 1/10 cars compared to the Hurrax. For one they are Ansmann branded cars and not a distribution, which gives us a lot more leverage in changing/modifing design aspects.
Just out of interest what method do you send out your kits is it next day service? cheers still thinking of getting one in some form or another

Chrislong
22-06-2009, 05:55 PM
If it was just axles, then itd be a tiny issue and users will just need to know that they need filing. But the wheels being too wide isn't right, so however it is fixed they may aswell resolve the axles.

Other cars do it too, such as the Cat SX when using 2mm spacing up front like many do. Most of us have a dremel and just fix it.

This car is potentially going to be very popular, im really pleased it is out, the finishing touches make all the difference and the 1st time racer needs it to be right straight out of the box really. ;)

DCM
22-06-2009, 06:10 PM
to be honest, I never even thought of measuring it.

How much out were they, Chris?

Chrislong
22-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Im not sure, it can't be much if Kyosho wheels fixes it.

Spence, are you reading this - can you measure your girth with Kyosho wheels on, and then with Ansmann wheels on?

DCM
22-06-2009, 06:25 PM
could it be that the Kyoshos wheels have a deeper off-set then??

I was toying with Associated steering parts, might even be worth the caster blocks too...

Tom3012
22-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Im not sure, it can't be much if Kyosho wheels fixes it.

Spence, are you reading this - can you measure your girth with Kyosho wheels on, and then with Ansmann wheels on?

careful!! :lol:

Jez
22-06-2009, 11:04 PM
just like to jump in here.the car was running kyosho plastic hexes and cut down academy 4wd front rims.i debuted this exact car at robin hood last week and it passed scrutineering on all heats and final.question,how should any car be placed in box and what should be able to be done in the box?are all boxes measured to ensure correct dimensions from meeting to meeting.basically how come my car fit in n/e regional box but not nationals?any body help before i get refused entry at this weekends meet at batley?ta jez.

carty
22-06-2009, 11:10 PM
how did the car perform? as ive just taken a leap of faith and ordered one

Jez
22-06-2009, 11:18 PM
how did the car perform? as ive just taken a leap of faith and ordered onenot actually there,just lent the car out,but went ok at york,didnt break a thin and i was in heats/final with a right bunch of animals????ta jez.

Chrislong
23-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey Jez, that is strange. The boxes should all be the same. I do know the regional box is wooden, but the national box is alloy - so perhaps the wooden box is tired now? I dunno, only guessing.

The car should fit in the box and not drag against the sides at any point through the cars suspension travel. For example, if you put your car in and press the shocks down, and pull it up to wishbones level (widest point) it should fit. If you come to lift your car out and it brings the box with it - its too wide. LOL.

As the tyre edge is usually the widest point, its safe to say the car should rattle a little in the box and not touch both sides at once. The tyre being rubber will naturally make them want to lift the box if both sides touch.

Spencer Mulcahy
23-06-2009, 09:49 AM
The car did feel realy good to drive was quite poistive abd direct I didnt know the car was not standard at the front so that may be the problem. It did land down on the back after a big jump which broke it (sorry Jez) so if they sort out this problem with the Tplate then it will be a well worth the money. Thanks again Jez for lending it to me. I did qualify in the bottom final after a few bad runs setting it up but buy leg 4 and the final it was very good finishing second.

mattlynch
17-11-2009, 12:53 AM
http://www.ansmann.de/cms/racingroot/service/racinglatestnews/racingnewsdetail/article/main-catalogue-2009.html:woot:

ConceptRacing
17-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Unfortunatly it isnt down to TeamC to change anything as they are just a distributor in the far east, it needs to be directed at Ansmann themselves for any changes that need/could be made, I do know there are carbon parts being released soon for this country and that does include a T plate and shock towers, just waiting myself for some of the other hop ups to be released in this country and should be here in the next 2 weeks hopefully.