PDA

View Full Version : Special edition questions?

Jimbo
02-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry for clogging the board with new posts, don't get on here often enough!

Basicailly wanted to know if anyone has tried the new rear belt tensioner? Not sure, but I thought rather than bending the belt, keeping it straight with the stock setup may be more efficient? Anyone's thoughts? Also wanted to say the standard centre belt tensioner can have a big effect on drivetrain freeness, don't do it up too tight to the pulley. I have it so it is touching the belt, but holding the spur gear it is still easy to spin the bearings against the belt.

Secondly, I noticed the standard setup for the new car has black pistons in front and white in back, which is opposite to the original kit? Which of the two pistons has smaller holes/more pack?

Also noticed they use no spacers in the shocks, and still those black springs! And flip the rear hingepin block and no spacer in front.

I notched the pins in the original kit Yokomo driveshafts, and they seem to be holding up well. Fronts are a bit sloppy now, but still together.

L8r

Gaz_Stanton
02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a Yok BX SE on it's way. :) Will let you know.

winehundred
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Which of the two pistons has smaller holes/more pack?

Hi Jimbo, black are 1.3 and white 1.4

HTH :)

cabbynate
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Also looking over the set up sheet they went the .05 rear hub carriers.
The one way and the spring kit comes with the SE so I figure they will expect you to play with them to find the springs that work for you bot the rest of the set up looks good.;)

4times
23-03-2007, 07:13 PM
do you get the new body with the special kit? or is that a whole different kit that is not out yet?

matt
23-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Has anybody got any pics of the new belt tensionor. I was just wondering if it's a modified centre one or a new one you use along with the centre one.