PDA

View Full Version : Were can i race ??

LARD
23-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I have a Losi 8ight e i have run very well ONCE at Nene Valley i am looking for some friendly towards electric racing as all the nitro boys get sniffy when you turn up and dont make any noise or fumes!!!
Can anybody help? i am in Dunstable so Coventry is not out of the question

eb4_boy
23-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Coventry Model Car Club Welcomes anyone that wants to race, and you'll be in with the Nitro boys no problems.

Theres a race meet this weekend there.

If you need a link to the site just ask.

AmiSMB
23-06-2009, 10:11 PM
the nitro boys get sniffy when you turn up and dont make any noise or fumes!!!

I see this sort of attitude a lot. The way I see it is it does not matter whether it is IC based (noisy) or Electric (quiet) based as long as you can have a good race!

DaveG28
25-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I could do with a link to Cov please?

I've found plenty of places that let you run, one club and I think two championships, not sure how local to you they are? Drop me a pm if you want me to let you know where I know of?

Would be good if we could get a proper series going somewhere though, I don't think any places actually let you score points etc against the nitro's!?

HarlowS
25-06-2009, 10:49 AM
www.cmcc-online.co.uk (http://www.cmcc-online.co.uk) is Coventry's track. We do indeed allow 8th electric and im hoping to get the club to allow 8th electric in the Nitro MAM series over the winter :) so should be good. I have done a few summer meetings with the nitro guys and it was great close racing, certainly nothing between the 2 classes, apart from we dont have to circle the track waiting for the start :p

DaveG28
28-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Can recommend NNRC up near Preston as a good place for anyone in the area, nice big track and really friendly people!! :thumbsup:

birdy
01-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Cheers Dave

Yep we welcome Electric 1/8 to race with the Nitros gives us something to chase as they are so fast, can't belive some clubs won't let them race.

If you would like to race @ NNRC please visit www.nnrc.info (http://www.nnrc.info) for more details.