PDA

View Full Version : Lazer zxr

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]

fidspeed
18-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Errrr no 😀

isobarik
19-06-2018, 05:25 AM
I am.... naturally following England altho not expecting anything.

Also drew Australia and Croatia in a sweep stake so pinning my hope on Croatia 😂

funny you would say that,i thought that the english tabloids already put out the england as the winning team ????

mvh isobarik

londonladliam
19-06-2018, 12:08 PM
after last nights show whilst there is room for optimism, i still think they will get torn apart by the better teams.

Id take 2nd in group then play Poland. If we win the group we play Columbia which id rather not.

And as for VAR whats the point.

isobarik
19-06-2018, 01:00 PM
after last nights show whilst there is room for optimism, i still think they will get torn apart by the better teams.

Id take 2nd in group then play Poland. If we win the group we play Columbia which id rather not.

And as for VAR whats the point.

Iceland rulessss

Nah but why play the same way as always, even my dag whom is 93 complaints that they play like that in ”my time” and i agree.

And there was alot complaints against ”Svennis” but atleast the stats was the best ever for the britts. And when ”Svennis” was at the rusder they playes a completely different game.

Down side was that they had to play Beckham damm he was slow so ridiculus slow, thats why Svennis took that fast ridiculus fast guy from tier 1 or 2

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Welshy40
19-06-2018, 06:51 PM
funny you would say that,i thought that the english tabloids already put out the england as the winning team ????

mvh isobarik

Really, i wouldnt put my money on them, think theyll get through to the next round then get beaten.

isobarik
20-06-2018, 06:34 AM
Really, i wouldnt put my money on them, think theyll get through to the next round then get beaten.

Yeah the britts probably will.....

for the swedes we have no zlatan yeah he is/was gooooood but the game got onthe second hand of his ego.

so yeah i have hi hopes for the swedes germany will be a tie or draw and i have feelings that we will beat mexico

but zlatan will always be remembered for his 4 goals against england on the grand opening of the national arena

mvh iso

londonladliam
20-06-2018, 08:12 AM
As for England...fingers crossed

I though we were going to end up Poland providing we came 2nd in group looks like it may be senagal or japan which is much rather than Columbia or Poland.

Then we will go out

Welshy40
20-06-2018, 05:04 PM
Yeah the britts probably will.....

for the swedes we have no zlatan yeah he is/was gooooood but the game got onthe second hand of his ego.

so yeah i have hi hopes for the swedes germany will be a tie or draw and i have feelings that we will beat mexico

but zlatan will always be remembered for his 4 goals against england on the grand opening of the national arena

mvh iso

Mate one day im coming over with my ZXRS to show you what us Brits can do, plus think it will be fun :thumbsup:

Welshy40
20-06-2018, 05:05 PM
As for England...fingers crossed

I though we were going to end up Poland providing we came 2nd in group looks like it may be senagal or japan which is much rather than Columbia or Poland.

Then we will go out

Japan are good but they still play to order and is why they lose, so hope we get them.

isobarik
21-06-2018, 03:50 PM
Mate one day im coming over with my ZXRS to show you what us Brits can do, plus think it will be fun :thumbsup:

Yeah that would be fun.

But regarding the fotball/soccer still the round arter this the britts will be out

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Welshy40
22-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Yeah that would be fun.

But regarding the fotball/soccer still the round arter this the britts will be out

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Still weve beaten Argentina :thumbsup: again.

isobarik
22-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Still weve beaten Argentina :thumbsup: again.

But There hasnt been att meeting against Argentina this year.

and yeah the stats are in the britts favour but in play offs then the favor is in the Argentina hands and i do remember -86 the hand of god and one man and his shoes -98 man Beckham had a nice touch on the ball but damn he was slooooow

Mvh ISO

isobarik
22-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Still i have the latest find looks good and some parts are handmade ,and thats the coolast part about it

Mvh iso

Welshy40
22-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Still i have the latest find looks good and some parts are handmade ,and thats the coolast part about it

Mvh iso

Please share with us

isobarik
23-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Please share with us

Its an lazer :D:woot::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mvhbiso

HKS_TRD
23-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Anyone here got a front bumper for a ZXS they would sell?

Welshy40
23-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Its an lazer :D:woot::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mvhbiso

I would never have guessed :woot: but the hand made bits sound interesting.

isobarik
23-06-2018, 08:14 PM
I would never have guessed :woot: but the hand made bits sound interesting.

Yeah thats the cool thing about it towers are handmade so i guess he took Pride in making them and the car brought him joy and hoppfully some podium places also

Mvh iso

Welshy40
24-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Oh well should have been ten nil but how crap our defence is, they allowed on in which annoyed me. Still 6-1 will have to do

isobarik
24-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Oh well should have been ten nil but how crap our defence is, they allowed on in which annoyed me. Still 6-1 will have to do

Atleast you Will advance but i guess after that it Will be harder seen so little of the britts but they have moved away from the traditional english play so thats a start. No more long balls and playing against the Lines but IF you have Uruguay later on There Will be no more advance since they are so ridiculus organized. Jeep the teams on the outsider and taking away the atempts the Other team trying inside the box damn they are good, store one goal and then just control the play not very television friendly but, super nice IF you understundom the game and the play and effort.

Iso

isobarik
25-06-2018, 05:35 AM
After a bitter last second defeat we now have to win against Mexico and i belive that is possible. Hats of for Robert kroos he really can curve the ball

Mvh iso

Welshy40
26-06-2018, 06:38 AM
After a bitter last second defeat we now have to win against Mexico and i belive that is possible. Hats of for Robert kroos he really can curve the ball

Mvh iso

I did like Russias 3.0 defeat

Welshy40
26-06-2018, 06:43 AM
Anyway back on subject, ive designed a lipo tray cf design for shorties, ok its never going to match up with that fantastic design recently done with a new mid mount tensioner, yes it was and still is stunning and yes going to get made as its a work of art but as ive got an event planned in to run my Lazer need to test a shorty set up, will post pics later when I get it but it gives movement so you can better balance the car by moving forwards or backwards within the area given betwwen the two top deck mounts.

Ubiquitous
29-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Anyway back on subject, ive designed a lipo tray cf design for shorties, ok its never going to match up with that fantastic design recently done with a new mid mount tensioner, yes it was and still is stunning and yes going to get made as its a work of art but as ive got an event planned in to run my Lazer need to test a shorty set up, will post pics later when I get it but it gives movement so you can better balance the car by moving forwards or backwards within the area given betwwen the two top deck mounts.

Cool! can't wait to see this design...
Ubi

isobarik
30-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Would love too see it

Mvh iso

isobarik
01-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Colombiana England would be rather open

Mvh iso

londonladliam
03-07-2018, 09:31 PM
England Vs Sweden next!

although bit of a bogey team for englad.

Past 10 matches including friendlys

drawn - 5

lost - 3

won - 2

��

isobarik
10-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Damn Well Well life goes on go go croatia

Mvh iso

isobarik
12-07-2018, 02:11 PM
yeah croatia

as ke ke ke keving would say re re re re revenge :thumbsup:

mvh iso

KRob
27-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Hi,
I'm hoping some of you experienced guys can give me a hand with a few Lazer questions please seeing as I've just got hold of one. It's what is at least predominantly a ZX-R but not convinced it is totally ZX-R.
1. Bit confused on the layshaft as it has the little one-way unit on the opposite side to the spur and have read about this being replaced to get permanent 4wd but can't find a reference to how that's done.
2. Rear UJ's are worn out (fronts are okay). It looks like the Optima re-re might fit and then it can take the screwed on hex - or is there better option?
3. What exactly is the advantage of the blue Pureten steering? It looks more solid, but is that it? Looks like they're hard to find too...
4. Might fit the ZX-S shell as I prefer the look of it, but can anyone confirm if on the Kamtec version the undertray kicks up at the edges? i.e. the bodyshell side pods don't sit as low as the chassis (like the Optima Mid shells)
Thanks for any help.

Welshy40
28-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Hi,
I'm hoping some of you experienced guys can give me a hand with a few Lazer questions please seeing as I've just got hold of one. It's what is at least predominantly a ZX-R but not convinced it is totally ZX-R.
1. Bit confused on the layshaft as it has the little one-way unit on the opposite side to the spur and have read about this being replaced to get permanent 4wd but can't find a reference to how that's done.
2. Rear UJ's are worn out (fronts are okay). It looks like the Optima re-re might fit and then it can take the screwed on hex - or is there better option?
3. What exactly is the advantage of the blue Pureten steering? It looks more solid, but is that it? Looks like they're hard to find too...
4. Might fit the ZX-S shell as I prefer the look of it, but can anyone confirm if on the Kamtec version the undertray kicks up at the edges? i.e. the bodyshell side pods don't sit as low as the chassis (like the Optima Mid shells)
Thanks for any help.

Ive sent a pm and seeing pis i can help more but here are some answers to help you out.

Kamtec did the shell for me and is a replica of an original zxs shall and as in this thread you can see it just fits. The shells thicker than normal plus not line markings so patience is required and common sense to cut it out perfectly. Its basically a mid shell updated as the team hated the zx shell so opted for the mid which progressed into a zxs shell.

Blue steering raises the alloy plate thus stops bump steer, it makes the car more user friendly and changes the cars attitude in and out of corners. You can now buy black ones and believe the part numbers in the last ten pages somewhere, its used on one of the mid motored 2wd cars.

Ujs, LA245 id buy two sets, one a perfect fit for the rear but you need to take the axles from the other set for the front and by the longer front bone, i forget the part number but will edit this later with the correct part number. Youll need pin hexes to use the mip type ujs.

You can just tighten up the oneway to lock it to prrmanent 4wd, but would suggest trying it first with the oneway to get an idea on whats preferred as im quicker with the oneway working.

KRob
28-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Ta.
Not decided on shell yet, I do have a ZX-R repro painted already (wished I'd never sold the Lazer) but haven't dug it out yet - but I do prefer the Mid shell lines too.
Hadn't picked up on the steering being done in black too so will hunt that out, although likely to try it with kit first as I liked it previously...
Only need rear shafts so will look at LA245
I want the car to be 4wd permanently really. Really don't like my YZ10 with a one way so converted that. Surface it'll be used on is carpet but not massively high grip compared to modern standards and it'll have probably a 7.5 in it.

Welshy40
28-07-2018, 03:23 PM
Ta.
Not decided on shell yet, I do have a ZX-R repro painted already (wished I'd never sold the Lazer) but haven't dug it out yet - but I do prefer the Mid shell lines too.
Hadn't picked up on the steering being done in black too so will hunt that out, although likely to try it with kit first as I liked it previously...
Only need rear shafts so will look at LA245
I want the car to be 4wd permanently really. Really don't like my YZ10 with a one way so converted that. Surface it'll be used on is carpet but not massively high grip compared to modern standards and it'll have probably a 7.5 in it.

LA36 is the dyed black version of the pure ten steering. Same product code is actually printed on the plastic tag

Kyosho_fan
30-07-2018, 11:37 AM
LA36 is the dyed black version of the pure ten steering. Same product code is actually printed on the plastic tag

I think you ment LA361 that is correct part nr Welshy :p:D

Welshy40
30-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Sorry, typo doh!!

knmtrip3
31-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Hi,quick question about the Shapeways 3D Printed La32 Front gearbox molds,how strong/durable are they? Are they a similar strength to the original gearbox molds?

Welshy40
31-07-2018, 08:58 AM
Hi,quick question about the Shapeways 3D Printed La32 Front gearbox molds,how strong/durable are they? Are they a similar strength to the original gearbox molds?

I broke one but that was some time ago. I know that now some companies give you the option for a nylon based plastic which should do the job quite well.

knmtrip3
01-08-2018, 07:13 PM
I broke one but that was some time ago. I know that now some companies give you the option for a nylon based plastic which should do the job quite well.

Thanks,i’ll get a set ordered ready for the next time i strip the car down. 👍

Welshy40
18-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Ok done some testing on carpet using my shorty design holder. In the far back placement car wasnt sure of itself and couldnt react great in and out of corners so moved forwards by one hole and it improved, still was unsure. A friend of mine Glyn Jessop said something that I stupidly didnt take into account and that was did you account for the weight difference from saddles to the shorty and I didnt DOH!!!

Well i added two 15g weights on the front chassis holes designed for the nicad cells, one on either side plus raised the rear end spring by 4mm.

Car was much better, two laps improvement, rears spot on and feels dialed, however still got issues with the front, it still feels nervous and unsure how to go into the corner so think the issues weight on the front so added 40g in between the servo and esc in the middle of the chassis. If that doesnt work then will play with the shocks.

I know how well this car went with nicads and nimh and was stupidly quick on the infield so still some work required to get it to how it was.

rob m
18-08-2018, 04:53 PM
Any pics of the shorty lipo holder?

Welshy40
18-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Not really, just these few

Welshy40
18-08-2018, 09:25 PM
I built it with several holes to move the shorty from the back to the centre poles on the chassis giving weight choices for the surface your racing on. Ive also used the Lazer ZXS top deck tensioner on the brace, its situated in front of the shorty and stops the belt hitting the shorty, so if you move the pack forwards so does the tensioner. Yes it changes the tension but i just loosen the L brace tensioner to counteract over tensioning the front belt.

Greg M
22-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Hi guys, I'm starting to get into vintage racing and am getting some of the cars I had, or wanted when I was in my teens. A few years ago I bought an RC10 Worlds re release and have been really competitive against the modern buggies, and winning many races. Last year I built a Yokomo Works 93 from parts. A month ago I acquired my original Thunder Dragon I bought when I was 14. What a find, I couldn't believe it when I saw it in a box I bought. I've just bought a Losi JRX-Pro as I use to run one and loved the car. Thats still on its way from the US to me in New Zealand.

I've just had arrive today a Lazer ZXRR. I bought this in New Zealand from Kiwi Kruisa who has posted pictures of the car previously. I don't think he got to run the car, but its already entered in our Vintage Nationals at the end of November and will be running in the Mod class at this stage. I've started reading this thread and am only about 20 pages in, I'm reading from latest to oldest. Some really valuable info here and am learning heaps. I'll be giving the car a good clean up and going over this weekend and hopefully get it up and running.

First mod will be setting it up to run Shorties!

type49rs
26-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Top deck done, again needs some fine tuning but a start.

https://s7.postimg.cc/pok5x6v97/Capture.jpg (https://postimages.org/)
Any updates on this little project?

Welshy40
26-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Any updates on this little project?

In a month or two i will get this chassis and top deck made and then may sell my car which is just awaiting these two items

Welshy40
26-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Hi guys, I'm starting to get into vintage racing and am getting some of the cars I had, or wanted when I was in my teens. A few years ago I bought an RC10 Worlds re release and have been really competitive against the modern buggies, and winning many races. Last year I built a Yokomo Works 93 from parts. A month ago I acquired my original Thunder Dragon I bought when I was 14. What a find, I couldn't believe it when I saw it in a box I bought. I've just bought a Losi JRX-Pro as I use to run one and loved the car. Thats still on its way from the US to me in New Zealand.

I've just had arrive today a Lazer ZXRR. I bought this in New Zealand from Kiwi Kruisa who has posted pictures of the car previously. I don't think he got to run the car, but its already entered in our Vintage Nationals at the end of November and will be running in the Mod class at this stage. I've started reading this thread and am only about 20 pages in, I'm reading from latest to oldest. Some really valuable info here and am learning heaps. I'll be giving the car a good clean up and going over this weekend and hopefully get it up and running.

First mod will be setting it up to run Shorties!

Welcome and this thread is a bible for all who race these stunning cars. Hope it helps you for those nationals

Welshy40
26-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Also for your info on facebook theres a thread called kyosho lazer zx fan page so worthwhile joiningcas there is a worldwide following.

Ubiquitous
07-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Hi All,

I've just tried my new Lazer truggy conversion and it runs great! It was a relatively long project (~6 months) but I am very pleased with the end result.

I built this car in order to try to get my son into the hobby. It is obviously not for racing but it still has a number of cool features:

- a ZX-sport chassis, ZXR ball diffs, ZX top deck and belt cover, rubber sealed bearings from Avid.

A number of custom 3D printed parts:

- top deck mount to fit the shorter motor plate from AR-products (did not order the right one, my mistake...)
- battery tray, stopper posts, and battery straps
- servo and antenna mounts,
- side plate, collar
- longer front and rear arms to fit the Kyosho RT6 cvds (84 mm long) and wheels

- front bumper, rear tower, and wing mount from Alcyon's shop on Shapeways (very nice stuff!)

I also fitted a Schumacher spur gear, slipper pads, and slipper spring along with Traxxas big bore shocks.
The steering plate and shock towers (4mm in the front, 3mm in the rear) are from Fiberlyte.
The Ti turnbuckles are from 3Racing.

I still have to figure out a way to mount a stadium truck body on this car, using either a custom front bumper or a part to attach on the front shock tower.

I attached a few pictures below:

Ubi

fidspeed
08-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Nice work Ubi hope your son gets the bug for rc cars

Welshy40
08-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Wow, superb work. Loving it, brings back great memories of my ZX truck

Ubiquitous
10-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Nice work Ubi hope your son gets the bug for rc cars

Wow, superb work. Loving it, brings back great memories of my ZX truck

Thanks guys, hopefully the 3D printed parts will not wear out too quickly...
Cheers,
Ubi

Greg M
14-09-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm slowly working my way through all the pages of this thread. I see guys have changed to use modern CVD's, but from what I see, still using standard ZXR offset wheels. I'm looking at changing to modern wheels as well.

So far I've got some ZX5 cvds, using 62.5mm bone, with UM510 shafts. With some shims, work out about 5mm wider each side, so good for modern wheels. In the front I have some YZ2DTM axles with 66.5mm bone, as thats what I had spare. They fit perfectly and just need the pin filed down to fit the diff. At the moment, all thats stopping me from completing is the shims. Also, one of the Kyosho CVD's doesn't have the barrel the pin goes through.

Does anyone know if Kyosho do a rebuild kit for the CVD, as all I can find is these parts with an axle, which considering I need a couple of $$ part seems excessive.

Welshy40
15-09-2018, 08:58 AM
Kyosho sell the bits separately, it's listed here somewhere, but also if you search on Google should be able to find. If your specific and say something like parts for LA245 or similar wording.

Wheels yes I use Ansman mad rat wheels front and rear and are really nice

Greg M
16-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Kyosho sell the bits separately, it's listed here somewhere, but also if you search on Google should be able to find. If your specific and say something like parts for LA245 or similar wording.

Wheels yes I use Ansman mad rat wheels front and rear and are really nice

My modern cars are Yokomo, so running those rims helps when I pull out the vintage cars. My Losi JRX-Pro and RC10 World's now run modern rear wheels. I'm converting my Yokomo Works 93 and now the Lazer to run the modern wheels. Should make it alot cheaper running all the same

Welshy40
16-09-2018, 03:03 PM
My modern cars are Yokomo, so running those rims helps when I pull out the vintage cars. My Losi JRX-Pro and RC10 World's now run modern rear wheels. I'm converting my Yokomo Works 93 and now the Lazer to run the modern wheels. Should make it alot cheaper running all the same

Not always possible, issue is offset and all cars have different so know the mad rat wheels are and exact offset compared to original for the Lazer

Greg M
16-09-2018, 06:35 PM
Not always possible, issue is offset and all cars have different so know the mad rat wheels are and exact offset compared to original for the Lazer

Anything is possible, just comes down to how much effort. The RC10 required custom hubs, and axles from another car to get the right width. The JRX-PRO was easy, no custom parts, just some hexs. The Yokomo Works uses ZX6 front axles all round and hexes. The axles I have for the Lazer shift the mounting location for the wheel further out, so with the right width hexes will be the car will maintain the exact same width.

Greg M
21-09-2018, 03:30 AM
Here is how I done it, basically just glued carbon angle with PU-based plastic adhesive. Underside has also carbon doubler glued in place.
I think glueing is acceptable way here since part was already broken :)
Only problem was to find carbon part with tight enough radius, but I was lucky to find some with 1mm radius lying around! Still need to replace those lower bind screws to normal ones, they are bottoming in radius area.
Using those extra holes needs molding, as you said. That makes things more complicated..
Other pic shows my progress with ZX-RR. I have all the parts now, so it´s quite straight-forward to assemble everything.
Modelling motor plate atm, that´s why it´s missing!

I was looking at reinforcing the bulkhead like Sampsa, but haven't been able to find a piece of carbon fibre like that to do the job. Can anyone suggest anything that could be used, or is this something that Fibrelyte could make? Has anyone else done this differently?

fathead
21-09-2018, 07:31 AM
I was looking at reinforcing the bulkhead like Sampsa, but haven't been able to find a piece of carbon fibre like that to do the job. Can anyone suggest anything that could be used, or is this something that Fibrelyte could make? Has anyone else done this differently?

I can probably help you with that brace.
Instead of carbon plate could use 2 triangular fins of black delrin using the 4 screws on the tower that Sampsa used but bolting to the side of the gearbox through what looks like 2 through holes? I circled on the pic

Greg M
21-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Instead of carbon plate could use 2 triangular fins of black delrin using the 4 screws on the tower that Sampsa used but bolting to the side of the gearbox through what looks like 2 through holes? I circled on the pic

Sounds like a perfect solution. What do you need to make it from me, and likely to cost?

fathead
21-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a perfect solution. What do you need to make it from me, and likely to cost?

Hmmmmm I thought I had the rear tower on file but it appears its the one part I dont have! I have the chassis/topdeck, front tower and gearbox brace.

So I would need the rear gearbox and tower, I can draw up the tower then as well in case you need a replacement at some stage

I'd say it would cost around $25-30, they aren't very big bits of delrin, I have black or white delrin in stock.

Greg M
21-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Parts will be heading to Damon hopefully today so he can make this part and get the rear tower copied too. Should provide some good strength to the bulkhead.

Ubiquitous
22-09-2018, 12:07 PM
One alternative could be the 3D printed design from Alcyon. It is quite beefier than the la31 stock part and it is available on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BTB5V5E25/la31-tower?optionId=60682207&li=marketplace
Ubi

Welshy40
22-09-2018, 01:29 PM
OK I was confused at the start but your on about the rear. Why exactly are you doing this? I just put a thicker tower on and that's saved my bacon on many occasions, only after I broke mine plus was the same time Jamie Booth did his as well

Welshy40
22-09-2018, 01:37 PM
If your trying to strengthen the tower bracket it bolts to then an alloy plate designed to go through the above pictured highlighted holes and also connected to the tower four screw holes.

Greg M
22-09-2018, 05:55 PM
One alternative could be the 3D printed design from Alcyon. It is quite beefier than the la31 stock part and it is available on Shapeways:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BTB5V5E25/la31-tower?optionId=60682207&li=marketplace
Ubi

Thanks, looks like a good option

Greg M
22-09-2018, 05:59 PM
If your trying to strengthen the tower bracket it bolts to then an alloy plate designed to go through the above pictured highlighted holes and also connected to the tower four screw holes.

Yea, strength the tower bracket. I guess I'm wanting to bullet proof the car as much as I can. I'm getting it ready for our vintage Nats and spending abit to get it ready, so trying to reduce any chance of a DNF.

fathead
22-09-2018, 07:43 PM

Which is pretty much what I'm going to do, but using 2 small delrin plates instead of a folded alloy plate

Retro RC
23-09-2018, 11:36 AM
Yea, strength the tower bracket. I guess I'm wanting to bullet proof the car as much as I can. I'm getting it ready for our vintage Nats and spending abit to get it ready, so trying to reduce any chance of a DNF.sorry for the high jack, hey Greg where can I get some info on the vintage nats can't see any thing on rcracer and I'm a Facebook hater so no chance there. Got a couple of buggies in the rebuild process at the moment, just waiting on some parts...... aye damo;):thumbsup:

fathead
23-09-2018, 12:22 PM
sorry for the high jack, hey Greg where can I get some info on the vintage nats can't see any thing on rcracer and I'm a Facebook hater so no chance there. Got a couple of buggies in the rebuild process at the moment, just waiting on some parts...... aye damo;):thumbsup:

I'm sure I have no idea what you mean............. Maybe wednesday......

Greg M
23-09-2018, 06:25 PM
sorry for the high jack, hey Greg where can I get some info on the vintage nats can't see any thing on rcracer and I'm a Facebook hater so no chance there. Got a couple of buggies in the rebuild process at the moment, just waiting on some parts...... aye damo;):thumbsup:

Adrian, not many details except here at this stage https://www.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=6604

It will be my first biggish event back racing as I've only done club days so far. Back into the sport for fun and nothing serious.

rob m
26-09-2018, 05:22 AM
+1 for this idea, just a 1" of alloy angle plate a few holes,job done.no more breakage.

Someone was asking about wheels for the lazer? Ftx vantage wheels are the same offset. Cheap to buy aswell.

fathead
10-10-2018, 02:05 AM
Few final adjustments to do still

isobarik
11-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Top deck done, again needs some fine tuning but a start.

https://s7.postimg.cc/pok5x6v97/Capture.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

How is it going are we able to buy them yet ???

mvh isobarik

HKS_TRD
11-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Fibrelyte would have already had the top deck on file from when they copied my original for me

isobarik
12-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Fibrelyte would have already had the top deck on file from when they copied my original for me

Nice have them put it on the page also :)

Med vänlig hälsning, Henrik

isobarik
12-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Now just if some could post a pic on the zxr hpi chassi would love too see it

Med vänlig hälsning, isobarik

HKS_TRD
12-10-2018, 10:53 PM
I'm sure if you email them they can make it for you. My original is for sale

fathead
15-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Ready to cut tomorrow

Welshy40
15-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Bang on, mines being done as well

isobarik
15-10-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm sure if you email them they can make it for you. My original is for sale

Do you have an hpi chassi ??? Not just the upperdeck ???

Med vänlig hälsning, Henrik

isobarik
15-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Ready to cut tomorrow

Is ot on fibrelyte or ????

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

isobarik
15-10-2018, 04:02 PM
Ready to cut tomorrow

Do you run slavich design ???

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

HKS_TRD
15-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Iso, I only have the upper deck

fathead
15-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Do you run slavich design ???

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Yes it is me, I currently only have the main chassis fully drawn and not the hpi upper deck, the guys here in NZ who I am cutting them for did not want the hpi upper deck, but I can do it easily

isobarik
16-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Yes it is me, I currently only have the main chassis fully drawn and not the hpi upper deck, the guys here in NZ who I am cutting them for did not want the hpi upper deck, but I can do it easily

Cool would love to see the finish result.

isobarik
16-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Welsh you dont have an pic of the hpi lazer chassi ?? Its basicly just sleeker what i remember would love to see it still.

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

type49rs
16-10-2018, 06:28 PM
One of Damon's chassis's is going on my car.....I'll post a pic once fitted.

fathead
18-10-2018, 10:16 AM
1 cut, 1 to go

isobarik
18-10-2018, 05:45 PM
1 cut, 1 to go

Damn looks awsome makes me wanna have one

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Welshy40
23-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Welsh you dont have an pic of the hpi lazer chassi ?? Its basicly just sleeker what i remember would love to see it still.

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Hpi chassis I think I've lost that picture, still Legend chassis and ZXR mk1 top is what was used on the proto so mines being done so when done will post pics.

isobarik
24-10-2018, 10:02 AM
Does anyone have RCCA magazines left ????

There is an pic in there somewhere of the HPI ZXR chassi

mvh isobarik

olefiloux
26-10-2018, 07:39 PM
1 cut, 1 to go
:drool::cry::woot:

KRob
04-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Well, got my Lazer ready to go.
Not a faithful restore by any means, just something to go racing with :thumbsup:

type49rs
05-11-2018, 06:05 AM
Found the following page on google. Unfortunately all in Chinese but can be translated. Does anybody know what brand the 4th chassis plate is...HPI perhaps???

www.rcfans.com/thread-290568-1-1.html (http://www.rcfans.com/thread-290568-1-1.html)

Welshy40
05-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Not a faithful restore by any means, just something to go racing with :thumbsup:

Nice I'm guessing your using Alcyons layshaft but what slipper is that?

Welshy40
05-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Found the following page on google. Unfortunately all in Chinese but can be translated. Does anybody know what brand the 4th chassis plate is...HPI perhaps???

www.rcfans.com/thread-290568-1-1.html (http://www.rcfans.com/thread-290568-1-1.html)

Nope, looks like the TV chassis for the pure ten car, quite possibly a zxs but see no kick up

KRob
05-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Nice I'm guessing your using Alcyons layshaft but what slipper is that?

Yep, layshaft from Alcyons. Just the AE VTS slipper.
The spur gear is AE 93t 48dp originally off the SC10 4x4, I preferred it as the smaller gear gives more clearance for the shell until I get a spur gear cover and another shell painted.
Guess I should back it off a bi though as it wheelies now :woot:

fathead
06-11-2018, 07:07 AM
And then there were 2! Off to their owners today

Welshy40
06-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Yep, layshaft from Alcyons. Just the AE VTS slipper.
The spur gear is AE 93t 48dp originally off the SC10 4x4, I preferred it as the smaller gear gives more clearance for the shell until I get a spur gear cover and another shell painted.
Guess I should back it off a bi though as it wheelies now :woot:

Big time as the belt will snap / shred if you dont. Set it so its a fractional slip from start. Don't over do it as you'll ruin the slipper pads. Picture quality wasn't spectacular so wasn't sure if it was a vts but the spur did look smaller, but be warned may cause issues to the motor due to a bigger ratio. Still game on and have fun.

Ubiquitous
08-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Big time as the belt will snap / shred if you dont. Set it so its a fractional slip from start. Don't over do it as you'll ruin the slipper pads. Picture quality wasn't spectacular so wasn't sure if it was a vts but the spur did look smaller, but be warned may cause issues to the motor due to a bigger ratio. Still game on and have fun.

Welshy,

A spur gear with 93 teeth is only 7% smaller than the stock one. Can this not simply be compensated by going down 1-2 teeth on the pinion, with the benefit of having a reduced rotating mass?

Ubi

isobarik
09-11-2018, 02:25 PM

Looks awsome paintjob top notch body with inbuilt gearcover soo cool do you have more of those bodies ???

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

isobarik
09-11-2018, 02:37 PM

not sure awsome find

the carbon looks similar to the hpi upperdeck so i cant rule i out but i cant say that it is an hpi chassi. what i recall the hpi chassi was for the zx/zxr not the mk2 and that chassi is drilled for the mk2 i guess due to angled batt bars
so the topdeck wouldnt fit. But i cant say neither is or isnt. awsome find any way even douh the text make it hard too read. :woot::woot:

What i recall regarding the hpi chassi, it was sleeker like the chassi in the pic but had been lightened between the cells. so i would say if my memory serves me right that TF3R chassi has the look of it without the lump for the servo on the tf3r

but i have seen more then one race car that has had theire chassi cut like that so like atushi haras lazer zx car you know hara hpi ????

on the other hand crusaderlyf i have been on him regarding the hpi chassi so could be it if my memory doesent spook me
would love to have the rcca that has an pic of it.

mvh iso

isobarik
09-11-2018, 02:38 PM
And then there were 2! Off to their owners today

ahhh so cool

mvh iso

Welshy40
09-11-2018, 05:22 PM
Welshy,

A spur gear with 93 teeth is only 7% smaller than the stock one. Can this not simply be compensated by going down 1-2 teeth on the pinion, with the benefit of having a reduced rotating mass?

Ubi

With this car I think I based my ratios on 1.5 teeth to a half pinion tooth so if your after less punch I would gear up so if your wheeling I would suggest gearing up or lowering the esc settings, plus also helps setting the slipper correctly as well as it makes a huge difference as I've proven when developing the layshaft.

Ubiquitous
10-11-2018, 09:14 AM
With this car I think I based my ratios on 1.5 teeth to a half pinion tooth so if your after less punch I would gear up so if your wheeling I would suggest gearing up or lowering the esc settings, plus also helps setting the slipper correctly as well as it makes a huge difference as I've proven when developing the layshaft.
I am confused, when you say 1.5 teeth for 0.5 pinion tooth, do you mean that you use a 33 teeth pinion with you 100T spur?

This is highly geared compared to what I have with my brushed motor. Is it because brushless motors have much more torque?

Welshy40
10-11-2018, 10:33 AM
I am confused, when you say 1.5 teeth for 0.5 pinion tooth, do you mean that you use a 33 teeth pinion with you 100T spur?

This is highly geared compared to what I have with my brushed motor. Is it because brushless motors have much more torque?

Well I'm using a 19 with a 4.5 and normally it's 2 pinion teeth per wind up for this motor but it's all down to you and how you feel. The car shouldn't wheely with a standard gearbox, even though I did manage it with a ten double corally in the 90's. The belt is loose in the gearbox and tensions too much and stretches under immense stress due to not having tensioner in there and then the belt frays meaning a new belt and pulley will be needed.I've designed a tensioner for the current gearbox but am contemplating a 3 d design with the tension post sections built in thus resolving everyone's problems.

If you could tension your belt then great, but still the same problem as with my cars gearbox with all the tensioners i get the same problem with testing, car can't handle the power without a properly set slipper. Don't forget the car was designed for brushed motors and was perfect for that but I've had to redevelop it to work with the torque from these brushless motors and had to put ceramic balls in the diffs, tungsten carbide thrust race in the diffs, ceramic bearings throughout the car, stainless steel screws and redesigned the tub chassis for more strength and with Rama's help we designed the layshaft for a B4 slipper which then evolved to a vts. I tested it at Maritime raceway and started off three laps off the pace, after gradual layshaft development and working out which slipper worked best I found out I was two laps better with the B4 slipper and with the vts 2.5 laps better, then it was the layshaft to finalise as it never lasted in the prototype stages, in fact I only ever finished one race event which meant we were still off the pace so tweaking the design was needed to get back on the pace. I've gone on a bit and hope I make sense but ask away any questions and will try my best to help.

rob m
10-11-2018, 06:26 PM
KRob
If your running fast motors, belt tensioners are a good idea to extend belt life. I've been racing my lazer zxr for the past 4 years now and never had to change any belts/pulleys (6 meetings a year on eos carpet)
Using a 6.5t brushless 24 pinion ,standard spur, original diff balls etc and layshaft set up. The only thing I've changed from original in the drive system is the added belt tensioners and the slipper pads , I'm using ae b4 pads.

KRob
11-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Looks awsome paintjob top notch body with inbuilt gearcover soo cool do you have more of those bodies ???

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Ta, that was my basic paintjob I used around 15 years. It looks good because I didn't paint it :p
I can't be certain but I think the shell is an old Racecraft one, not something I'd picked up new unfortunately. I will be getting a gear cover to be able to get my more modern colours painted. But the simplicity of the all in one shell is so much better IMO.

Got the chance to run the car today at the Dudley winter series and it lived up to expectations. Once I'd got a balance with the tyres I could push it quite hard (although still not to modern levels by a fair bit) and it handled it very well with a 7.5t motor (geared 23t/93t).
Thanks for the info on belts but I won't be driving it on EOS carpet so that will take a fair bit of the strain out, I'll modulate it with my thumb :woot:

Greg M
12-11-2018, 05:31 AM
Ta, that was my basic paintjob I used around 15 years. It looks good because I didn't paint it :p
I can't be certain but I think the shell is an old Racecraft one, not something I'd picked up new unfortunately. I will be getting a gear cover to be able to get my more modern colours painted. But the simplicity of the all in one shell is so much better IMO.

Got the chance to run the car today at the Dudley winter series and it lived up to expectations. Once I'd got a balance with the tyres I could push it quite hard (although still not to modern levels by a fair bit) and it handled it very well with a 7.5t motor (geared 23t/93t).
Thanks for the info on belts but I won't be driving it on EOS carpet so that will take a fair bit of the strain out, I'll modulate it with my thumb :woot:

I just received my shaft and only have 90T spurs at the moment. I'm running a 10.5T and the smallest pinion that will reach the spur is a 28T. I'm surprised even with a 93T spur, that the 23T Pinion will mesh. I need to find some bigger spurs asap!!

Ubiquitous
12-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Thanks Welshy for the reply,
Where could I get this custom B4 slipper layshaft?
Can I use a brushless motor without a rear belt tensioner? If yes, would 13.5T be good to start on a carpet track? I am a "pro" basher, but still a beginner racer.
Thanks
Ubi

isobarik
13-11-2018, 11:07 AM
I just received my shaft and only have 90T spurs at the moment. I'm running a 10.5T and the smallest pinion that will reach the spur is a 28T. I'm surprised even with a 93T spur, that the 23T Pinion will mesh. I need to find some bigger spurs asap!!

http://www.rwracing.co.uk/

mvh isobarik

Welshy40
13-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks Welshy for the reply,
Where could I get this custom B4 slipper layshaft?
Can I use a brushless motor without a rear belt tensioner? If yes, would 13.5T be good to start on a carpet track? I am a "pro" basher, but still a beginner racer.
Thanks
Ubi

To be honest with a 13.5 you should be able to run the standard slipper clutch and belts without tensioner. You'll just need to make sure cars in good order but we all do so should be fine.

HKS_TRD
15-11-2018, 09:41 PM
would anyone have a set of Yokomo TH-6 wheel adapters and the Yokomo wheels for sale?

isobarik
16-11-2018, 04:59 AM
Nope dont have hm but i do know where i can find a set ,Shall check

Mvh iso

HKS_TRD
16-11-2018, 05:45 AM
Thanks
Are the Yokomo wheels to suit pink 2.2"?
I may have a lead on the adapters but trying to figure out wheels are correct to use on a ZXS

Welshy40
16-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Thanks
Are the Yokomo wheels to suit pink 2.2"?
I may have a lead on the adapters but trying to figure out wheels are correct to use on a ZXS

Any yz10 93/94 version wheels, the car Masami won at Basildon in the UK.

HKS_TRD
16-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Thanks, is there a part number so I can start searching on eBay. I'm not familiar with anything outside of Kyosho lol

londonladliam
22-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Anyone have any of these things drawing up want to used them to check my gear box design.

Looking for:

LA-32 (front gear box)

and

LA-30 (suspension hinge pin holders)

Many thanks

Liam

Welshy40
22-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Anyone have any of these things drawing up want to used them to check my gear box design.

Looking for:

LA-32 (front gear box)

and

LA-30 (suspension hinge pin holders)

Many thanks

Liam

Liam,

Alcyon I believe has, give him a try.

Ubiquitous
28-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Does anyone know if there are sway bars from modern cars that can fit on the lazer zx(r)?
Thanks,
Ubi

Welshy40
28-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know if there are sway bars from modern cars that can fit on the lazer zx(r)?
Thanks,
Ubi

Tbh never tried.

Ubiquitous
30-11-2018, 11:41 AM
Tbh never tried.

Welshy,
Do you use sway bars on indoor carpet?
Thanks
Ubi

Welshy40
30-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Welshy,
Do you use sway bars on indoor carpet?
Thanks
Ubi

No, only outdoors. Mind you I love twitchy cars with looser back end but still with grip and found it was better without on carpet and slippery tracks but on grass and on clay high grip I used a rear bar

HKS_TRD
17-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Does anyone have a Kyosho la-103 for sale
I have a new LA-122 shell as an incentive

Welshy40
24-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Guys, better get in quick, hope all Lazer fanatics have a great Christmas. Wishing you all great racing for next year.

Lowry
29-12-2018, 02:03 PM
Hi,

I am currently restoring another ZX-RR (Equalizer shocks, Hyperclutch, ...).

I realized that the car is equipped with some special front knuckle arms (see pics). They seem to be Kyosho but maybe from another car???

Does anybody have more info on these knuckle arms?

Thanks and best

Ralf

type49rs
29-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Pretty sure they're from the Kyosho pure 10 series of cars.....part number SD032.

Welshy40
27-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Anyone got anything new, been a tad quiet recently.

isobarik
27-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Anyone got anything new, been a tad quiet recently.

nope not for now but soon im the making :lol:

and i shall have some work for you soon

mvh iso

Ubiquitous
06-03-2019, 03:56 PM
I have durability issues with some of the parts I got 3D printed by Shapeways in "versatile plastic". They have a new material called "professional plastic" that is supposed to be stronger and more durable, but it is twice as expensive!
Has anyone tried this "professional plastic" material. And if yes, is it worth the extra money?

Thanks,

Ubi

Welshy40
08-03-2019, 06:32 AM
I've not unfortunately, I know there are other printers in the UK who use different materials and one person, who is on here has had some stuff made as testers for the Lazer found a better material, I do need to go through my emails and will update this weekend. Think he got it right.

isobarik
20-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Pretty sure they're from the Kyosho pure 10 series of cars.....part number SD032.

Actually the number is for spad but yes they fit.

Anyway welsh still have some contacts at Kyosho Japan ???

Mvh iso

Welshy40
20-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Actually the number is for spad but yes they fit.

Anyway welsh still have some contacts at Kyosho Japan ???

Mvh iso

One I still do, why?

isobarik
20-06-2019, 07:43 PM
One I still do, why?

Was Looking for some 1/12 Bodies Shall se if i can find some partnumbers its a longshot i know but better ett then not.

Got an large large paperbox full of parts and cars heading my way shallnpost picks som

Mvh iso

Welshy40
20-06-2019, 08:56 PM
Was Looking for some 1/12 Bodies Shall se if i can find some partnumbers its a longshot i know but better ett then not.

Got an large large paperbox full of parts and cars heading my way shallnpost picks som

Mvh iso

Looking forward to it mate

isobarik
21-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Welsh

Ask around and see if they can find an ef-125 its the body for the plazma mk3 ltd .

Retro RC
24-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Welsh

Ask around and see if they can find an ef-125 its the body for the plazma mk3 ltd .

Nice find I’ve been looking for a mk3 Ltd for ages. Owned 1 brand new as a youngster but it got stolen along with a lot of other gear at the time.

Look forward to seeing some pics of it

isobarik
25-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Nice find I’ve been looking for a mk3 Ltd for ages. Owned 1 brand new as a youngster but it got stolen along with a lot of other gear at the time.

Look forward to seeing some pics of it

just like the bodyso thats what im looking for

mvh iso

Welshy40
25-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Iso, I've asked, unsure how quick before a reply but will keep an eye out. He's a top man.

isobarik
26-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Iso, I've asked, unsure how quick before a reply but will keep an eye out. He's a top man.

Thanks welsh

Mvh iso

Welshy40
26-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Iso,

Sorry mate, nothing in their warehouse so couldn't help me. Have you tried Kyosho USA or Sweden as they do have a variety of old stock

isobarik
01-07-2019, 04:56 PM
No america Wasnt the biggest market for Kyosho pancars so find it hard that they should have any parts left , Sweden went out of buisness and sold most of the stuff to Kyosho Europe and they seams to have kept the newer stuff.

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Welshy40
03-07-2019, 08:23 PM
OK other option is see if any collector had a shell and get a mold made.

isobarik
07-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Yeah i know but the ef-125 alpha2 body for the plazma mj3 ltd and the ax-88 the body for the axis seams to be Rarer then any lazer body.

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Welshy40
08-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Yeah i know but the ef-125 alpha2 body for the plazma mj3 ltd and the ax-88 the body for the axis seams to be Rarer then any lazer body.

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Is there anyone able to do a mold from the picture images plus based around car measurements

fidspeed
24-07-2019, 06:32 AM
hi lazer freaks
can anyone point me in right direction for pair rear driveshafts for zxr currently finishing off
or a modern conversion that may fit

regards dave

fidspeed
24-07-2019, 06:37 AM
this is one just about done

Welshy40
24-07-2019, 05:09 PM
Very nice

Welshy40
24-07-2019, 05:11 PM
hi lazer freaks
can anyone point me in right direction for pair rear driveshafts for zxr currently finishing off
or a modern conversion that may fit

regards dave

LA245 is kyosho version of mip ujs for the rear and is what I use. Ebay.

Ubiquitous
24-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Hi All,

I broke a rear tower mount yesterday. Tried to take a big double for the first time and ended up on the roof :thumbdown:.

The part was Alcyon's design 3D printed on Shapeways (the old version). Has anyone tried his latest design with the additional wall?

Thanks,

Ubi

fidspeed
24-07-2019, 09:24 PM
thanks James I'll go hunting
ended up investing in pargu wishbone hangers :D:D now fitted as you can see

regards Dave

Welshy40
25-07-2019, 05:11 PM
I haven't tried his rear tower mount, but can see why he has done that, interesting and as always with Alcyon a well thought out design.

Ubiquitous
28-07-2019, 04:27 PM
I haven't tried his rear tower mount, but can see why he has done that, interesting and as always with Alcyon a well thought out design.

I will order one and test it.

On a different topic. I found out that the C-Hubs and steering knuckles from the Xray T4 are a direct fit for the Lazer ZX. They are available in medium, strong plastic, and aluminium and the C-Hubs are 0, 2, 4, and 6 degrees.

The knuckles have Ackerman adjustment and the C-hubs also have a grub screw to lock the outer hinge pin.

Pictures are below. Pretty cool!

Welshy40
29-07-2019, 05:10 PM
Nice, question is are they appropriate for the longer front ujs or the shorter version?

Ubiquitous
29-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Nice, question is are they appropriate for the longer front ujs or the shorter version?

I replaced the stock ZX C-Hubs (0 caster angle) with these so it must only be appropriate for the shorter version.

I guess you are using the longer ujs...

Welshy40
30-07-2019, 02:17 PM
Yes, gives it more stability

Ubiquitous
01-09-2019, 07:31 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to share this as it makes the steering adjustment a lot easier. All you need is a low profile servo and LA361 or the expensive 39655 equivalent.
With this I have a lot more space for the servo saver and I can also use the inner hole on the steering assembly without having the link hit the belt cover.

Cheers,

Ubi

isobarik
06-09-2019, 03:05 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to share this as it makes the steering adjustment a lot easier. All you need is a low profile servo and LA361 or the expensive 39655 equivalent.
With this I have a lot more space for the servo saver and I can also use the inner hole on the steering assembly without having the link hit the belt cover.

Cheers,

Ubi

Nice idea

are those arms printed ??????

Mvh ISO

Ubiquitous
06-09-2019, 09:35 PM
Nice idea

are those arms printed ??????

Mvh ISO

Yes Iso, what is white on my car is 3D printed.

Cheers,

Ubi

isobarik
08-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Welsh how are Youre CAD skillz Up fore some ideas 😀

Mvh iso

isobarik
08-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Any one tried these ???

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/jc-racing-products-kyosho-optima-pepper-pot-pink-4-/rc-car-products/440186

Looks cool

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/jc-racing-products-kyosho-optima-pepper-pot-pink-4-/rc-car-products/440186

I can sacrifize some drive ability and use an narrow front end in case the offset
On the front wheel is the same as the rear

Mvh iso

isobarik
11-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Any one in uk that can send the la-18 to fibrelyte to have it copied ????

yeah i now that the resin might melt but i dont think its an problem since my daughter is using an 21*2 :lol::lol::lol:

mvh iso

Welshy40
12-09-2019, 05:16 AM
Welsh how are Youre CAD skillz Up fore some ideas 😀

Mvh iso

Haven't used for a while but what ideas have you got.

Welshy40
12-09-2019, 05:16 AM
Any one tried these ???

Looks cool

I can sacrifize some drive ability and use an narrow front end in case the offset
On the front wheel is the same as the rear

Mvh iso

No, but not overly priced so buy and try

Welshy40
12-09-2019, 05:19 AM
Any one in uk that can send the la-18 to fibrelyte to have it copied ????

yeah i now that the resin might melt but i dont think its an problem since my daughter is using an 21*2 :lol::lol::lol:

mvh iso

I never liked that version, prefer the one with the motor holes on so unfortunately don't have one. Sorry.

isobarik
12-09-2019, 08:25 AM
I never liked that version, prefer the one with the motor holes on so unfortunately don't have one. Sorry.

Its because i have an mms finned motorplate so thats why i found one just have to send it.

Mvh iso

isobarik
13-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Shall send the la18 to fibre lyte and see if they can duplicate it for me and order some more of those la 30 that you made/drawed for me since they are really good. All the parts will be in non glossy carbon also maybe i Shall have a chassi made im not sure, i will pm you about that . Since i would like to have a special upperdeck for that car if i
Make it

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

isobarik
25-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Hi guys since im at work and Cant get the sizes right so on the upperdeck what size are the 5 big screws.

Mvh iso

Welshy40
26-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Shall send the la18 to fibre lyte and see if they can duplicate it for me and order some more of those la 30 that you made/drawed for me since they are really good. All the parts will be in non glossy carbon also maybe i Shall have a chassi made im not sure, i will pm you about that . Since i would like to have a special upperdeck for that car if i
Make it

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Why not

Ubiquitous
06-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Really nice work on vintage Kyosho cars!

https://www.neovintage-rc.com/projects/project-kyosho-lazer-zx

isobarik
10-10-2019, 08:10 AM

Yeah i have Sean it looks awsome. Some Nice work put in there.

Mvh iso

OptimaFan
10-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Looks nice indeed. Always loved the Optima body better than the Lazer ZX one. With some nice paint job, it could look ok, but the Mid bodies are better for sure. Because of that, I used LWB Mid chassis, with Lazer suspension arms, to try have the best of both worlds, in some way:

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/1/9/5/2/0/a6496095-252-MidZX_92.jpg

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/1/9/5/2/0/a6496092-196-MidZX_89.jpg

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/1/9/5/2/0/a6496093-186-MidZX_90.jpg

isobarik
12-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Looks awsome Yeah the zx body wasnt that popular amongst the teamdrivers as i recall never seen any racer win with it maybe seen one use it but thats it.

Mvh iso

OptimaFan
13-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Looks awsome Yeah the zx body wasnt that popular amongst the teamdrivers as i recall never seen any racer win with it maybe seen one use it but thats it.

Mvh iso

Thanks, even though the paint job on my Lazer/Optima LWB hybrid isn't very complex, I put quite a lot of effort into this car.

Btw, I've seen a few quite nice Lazer ZX bodies, these are the two that I could find so far, hidden on my hard drive:

HKS_TRD
13-10-2019, 09:18 AM
Those are both ZXR bodies, the ZX looks completely different

OptimaFan
15-10-2019, 04:42 PM
I thought the topic was about the ZXR, at least the title refers to it. I think I did once find a pic of a really nice paintjob on a ZX, but can't find it at the moment.

On a different subject, here's my "hybrid" with black wing:

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/1/9/5/2/0/a6493348-45-MidZX_81.jpg

https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/3/1/9/5/2/0/a6493351-71-MidZX_84.jpg

isobarik
22-10-2019, 12:45 PM
Any one that can get in touch with Steve the penguin body shell guy.
And Ask him too pm me i have an body that i would love to have copied

Med vänlig hälsning, iso

Welshy40
22-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Very nice

Ubiquitous
21-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Hi All,
I am preparing my Lazer ZX-"T" for the indoor season here in Switzerland. I will be running on carpet for the first time. I am super excited!

Since the wheels of my truggy are bigger and have more torque, I expect that the belt will start snapping under heavy breaking. I removed the belt cover and installed a front belt tensioner that I 3D printed. My question is: How do I set the proper belt tension?
I also understand that some use a rear belt tensioner, is it really necessary?
If yes, can anyone share the design?

Thanks!
Ubi

isobarik
22-11-2019, 10:35 AM
how cool isnt that :woot::woot:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mvh iso

Ubiquitous
23-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Thanks Iso!

Do you have any advice for the belt tensioners, front and rear ?
Cheers!
Ubi

Welshy40
30-11-2019, 10:37 AM
It's quite easy, you tighten gradually and disconnect the pinion from the motor and push the car, you will notice it going from a free wheeler to a quick stop. You need to get it so it has a bit of freedom but not too much as yes the belt will stretch over time so will need adjusting over time. I use a tensioner above and below but take note the belt does move a lot

Welshy40
30-11-2019, 10:39 AM
On mine I have an L brace tensioner and is a good idea on getting. If you switch on the car a full throttle it whilst holding in the air you'll see how much movement the belt has.

Welshy40
30-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Picture of L brace

Welshy40
30-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Also can you do me one of your 3d belt tensioner and if so how much?

Ubiquitous
03-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Also can you do me one of your 3d belt tensioner and if so how much?

Thanks for the tip about the belt setup Welshy.

I am getting my 3D prints done on Shapeways at the moment. I am very pleased to see that you are interested in my belt tensioner design.
Below is the second revision of the design that I mounted on my buggy project. You will see that the bearings are now on the servo side (not on the battery side anymore), which gives more possibilities to adjust the lipo position.

I can share the design so you can review it and can get it printed on Shapeways if you are interested. It costs about 10 USD + delivery costs.

Cheers!

Ubi

Welshy40
03-12-2019, 08:06 PM

I am getting my 3D prints done on Shapeways at the moment. I am very pleased to see that you are interested in my belt tensioner design.
Below is the second revision of the design that I mounted on my buggy project. You will see that the bearings are now on the servo side (not on the battery side anymore), which gives more possibilities to adjust the lipo position.

I can share the design so you can review it and can get it printed on Shapeways if you are interested. It costs about 10 USD + delivery costs.

Cheers!

Ubi

OK now that's basically what I thought when I did mine, will post pics later when I get five minutes.

Yes please, would be nice to test it, think it resolves a big issue and may say more simpler than my tensioner bolted to my Lipo tray.

I also have already designed and tested my tray but you may want to tweak your design a bit on the Lipo brace as would be a good idea to be able to move the Lipo up and down the chassis as a weight as that's how I've been using it or is that what those screw holes are being used for and if so think you've nailed the design perfectly.

Welshy40
03-12-2019, 08:11 PM

Cheers!

Ubi

OK now that's basically what I thought when I did mine, will post pics later when I get five minutes.

Yes please, would be nice to test it, think it resolves a big issue and may say more simpler than my tensioner bolted to my Lipo tray.

I also have already designed and tested my tray but you may want to tweak your design a bit on the Lipo brace as would be a good idea to be able to move the Lipo up and down the chassis as a weight as that's how I've been using it or is that what those screw holes are being used for and if so think you've almost nailed the design perfectly. Actually can you move the Lipo all the way so up against the mount?

Welshy40
03-12-2019, 09:22 PM
OK images to show mine, not as good as your design though.

isobarik
04-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Welsh

You have to charge Youre phone battery youre down to 57 % 😂😂😂😁

Mvh Iso

Welshy40
04-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Welsh

You have to charge Youre phone battery youre down to 57 % 😂😂😂😁

Mvh Iso

i know, to be honest dont think im watching enough porn :p

Ubiquitous
08-12-2019, 08:59 PM

I also have already designed and tested my tray but you may want to tweak your design a bit on the Lipo brace as would be a good idea to be able to move the Lipo up and down the chassis as a weight as that's how I've been using it or is that what those screw holes are being used for and if so think you've almost nailed the design perfectly. Actually can you move the Lipo all the way so up against the mount?

Yes, I can move the lipo all the way up against the front mount and all the way up against the rear mount.

For the full front position, you need the belt tensioner to raise the belt so it does not rub against the lipo. For the full rear, you need to Dremel the deck mount in order to be able to slide the lipo underneath or get my custom deck mount. I opened a shop on Shapeways and put my "lipo tray kit" and "rear deck + belt tensioner kit". I also added short descriptions and pictures:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/8MKCDPHJU/kyosho-lazer-zx-lipo-battery-tray-kit?optionId=136343408&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/U5QFSHEWW/kyosho-lazer-zx-belt-tensioner-deck-mount-kit?optionId=136435398&li=marketplace

Welshy40
09-12-2019, 10:09 PM
Yes, I can move the lipo all the way up against the front mount and all the way up against the rear mount.

For the full front position, you need the belt tensioner to raise the belt so it does not rub against the lipo. For the full rear, you need to Dremel the deck mount in order to be able to slide the lipo underneath or get my custom deck mount. I opened a shop on Shapeways and put my "lipo tray kit" and "rear deck + belt tensioner kit". I also added short descriptions and pictures:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/8MKCDPHJU/kyosho-lazer-zx-lipo-battery-tray-kit?optionId=136343408&li=marketplace

https://www.shapeways.com/product/U5QFSHEWW/kyosho-lazer-zx-belt-tensioner-deck-mount-kit?optionId=136435398&li=marketplace

OK now I'm going to buy but my current rear top deck mount is 3mm higher, I raised the top deck up by 3mm for the Lipo and also had to raise the middle deck support and the front gearbox top so can you do the middle deck tensioner with an additional 3mm in height, so adding to the bottom?

Ubiquitous
09-12-2019, 10:28 PM
OK now I'm going to buy but my current rear top deck mount is 3mm higher, I raised the top deck up by 3mm for the Lipo and also had to raise the middle deck support and the front gearbox top so can you do the middle deck tensioner with an additional 3mm in height, so adding to the bottom?

Sure I can, no problem. I should be able to have it up on Shapeways by Thursday. I'll let you know anyway when it is ready.
Cheers
Ubi

Ubiquitous
12-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Welshy,
Your belt tensioner is ready to order:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/K6B2G4CQT/custom-belt-tensioner-3-mm-for-welshy40?optionId=137665643&li=shops

Please double check that the height is correct.
Cheers!
Ubi

Welshy40
12-12-2019, 07:46 PM
Welshy,
Your belt tensioner is ready to order:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/K6B2G4CQT/custom-belt-tensioner-3-mm-for-welshy40?optionId=137665643&li=shops

Please double check that the height is correct.
Cheers!
Ubi

Cheers Ubi, just placed my order for your lipo tray and the modified middle deck support custom tensioner and looking forward to seeing them and fitting.

Ubiquitous
12-12-2019, 09:52 PM
Cheers Ubi, just placed my order for your lipo tray and the modified middle deck support custom tensioner and looking forward to seeing them and fitting.

Thanks a lot Welshy!

Now you have to post a picture of your car when the parts are mounted!

Ubi :thumbsup:

Welshy40
13-12-2019, 06:21 AM
Thanks a lot Welshy!

Now you have to post a picture of your car when the parts are mounted!

Ubi :thumbsup:

Most definately will. :thumbsup:

Crashtest33
18-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone!!

VERY long time, no speak. Hope you're all well?!
Merry christmas. Don't eat too many mince pies! lol
Been busy with other hobbies & children too young to touch my precious Lazer collection. My son is now banging our Carisma GT14B around the park being chased by the dog which is fun!

This may raise a few chuckles, but I wanted to know if building a NIP parts ZX-S/Evo is now impossible?

What sort of money are ZX-S shelf queens going for these days?

Cheers
Nick

Welshy40
18-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone!!

VERY long time, no speak. Hope you're all well?!
Merry christmas. Don't eat too many mince pies! lol
Been busy with other hobbies & children too young to touch my precious Lazer collection. My son is now banging our Carisma GT14B around the park being chased by the dog which is fun!

This may raise a few chuckles, but I wanted to know if building a NIP parts ZX-S/Evo is now impossible?

What sort of money are ZX-S shelf queens going for these days?

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick, just psted a reply to your message. Almost impossible mate, yes flat bits you can get from fibrelyte, youll need a hyper clutch, ujs, front knuckles, bearings, wing mount, diffs from a zxr, with one LA11. Youll need the blue steering for the zxr as well, a shell and undertray from Kamtec and a better copy than the original as thicker and stronger. Then its search and be patient on if anything appears on ebay and doubtful youll get all items required. Also if thinking on running dont waste your time, its brittle and will break very quickly, it was a proto and never got beyond development even though it made two worlds A finals and won the Japanese Nationals in front of Masami. its suited for low grip clay tracks, not our environment. Yes i raced mine but i had a lot of spares but was a handful to drive on high grip without making errors and as you know im no beginner on carpet.

Costs, rough in £500 mark, immaculate around £800 to £1200

Crashtest33
19-12-2019, 07:30 AM
Hi Nick, just psted a reply to your message. Almost impossible mate

What’s the vintage unicorn of the hour? Even ZX-R parts were pretty much depleted in 2013.
I’ve notice loads of Re-Re’s have been released too presumably making some rare stuff easier to build.

Welshy40
19-12-2019, 10:15 PM
What’s the vintage unicorn of the hour? Even ZX-R parts were pretty much depleted in 2013.
I’ve notice loads of Re-Re’s have been released too presumably making some rare stuff easier to build.

Id like to see a rere zxr but as there isnt one my cars still the best out there and build, its been developed and proven to work against the new cars easily..all flat bits are made by fibrelyte, layshaft by Alcyon, pivot blocks are still being made on ebay, ujs you can locate in newer mip devised kyosho ujs, hexes locable are easy to find, steering is easy as the newer cars use the blue steering design but in black, ujs, i think you might be abke to get away using a rere mid as ive bought a set and havent had time to test my theory out, shells kamtec either parma tomcat with a tub cf chassis or zxs shell and undertray for the narrow version i designed, dont forget the mid shell was used on the lazer zx protos and is basicalky identical with exception of the air scoops. Wheels, annsman mad rat work well as well as others

Crashtest33
23-12-2019, 09:34 AM
I have these parts for sale if anyone wants anything.
Shoot me a PM.

isobarik
04-01-2020, 10:51 PM
sometimes it happens and this is one of those times

So here we go i have a package of pristine wasp belts what are they made of ????

Not neoprene since those are blackrubber.

So what shall i look for ??? At belt manufacturers????

Mvh Iso

Welshy40
05-01-2020, 01:09 PM
sometimes it happens and this is one of those times

So here we go i have a package of pristine wasp belts what are they made of ????

Not neoprene since those are blackrubber.

So what shall i look for ??? At belt manufacturers????

Mvh Iso

Iso, look on oople as the son of the wasp owner who sadly passed away was after info on what he did so may actually have more info. Unsure where its on oople but shouldnt be too hard to find him

G stote is user name and third page midway down on vintage section listed as wasp.

Ubiquitous
16-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Welshy,

I got the B4 layshaft from Alcyon, the VTS slipper kit from AE, and the 100T spur gear from RW racing.

The center hole of the RW spur is 8 mm, the same diameter as that of the original Kyosho spur. However, the B4 layshaft diameter is 4.65 mm.

Is there a special bearing I should get or did I receive the wrong spur gear?

Cheers,

Ubi

Welshy40
17-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Think wrong spur gear, you need the rc10b4 rear slipper plate which sits at the back of the spur with a hex slipper pad, then a 100 tooth B4 spur gear from rw, then the vts slipoer and a B4 slipoer spring and spring tension plate and nut then its done.

Any pics?

Welshy,

I got the B4 layshaft from Alcyon, the VTS slipper kit from AE, and the 100T spur gear from RW racing.

The center hole of the RW spur is 8 mm, the same diameter as that of the original Kyosho spur. However, the B4 layshaft diameter is 4.65 mm.

Is there a special bearing I should get or did I receive the wrong spur gear?

Cheers,

Ubi

Ubiquitous
17-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Think wrong spur gear, you need the rc10b4 rear slipper plate which sits at the back of the spur with a hex slipper pad, then a 100 tooth B4 spur gear from rw, then the vts slipoer and a B4 slipoer spring and spring tension plate and nut then its done.

Any pics?

I have mounted the VTS slipper with the AE 93T spur and everything fits together. The problem is that I cannot use anything smaller than 24T for the pinion, which does not give the proper gear ratio.

Do you have a reference for the 100T RW spur?

Ubi

Welshy40
18-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Pm me your email address and will send you a picture of it. Be aware the hex may need a small amount of dremel sanding to get a perfect fit but its minimal work.

I have mounted the VTS slipper with the AE 93T spur and everything fits together. The problem is that I cannot use anything smaller than 24T for the pinion, which does not give the proper gear ratio.

Do you have a reference for the 100T RW spur?

Ubi

Ubiquitous
16-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Hi all,

What is the wheel offset of the ZXR front wheels compared to that of modern, say Kyosho or Schumacher, wheels?

I have cracks in my ZXR wheels and recently broke a la-59 C-Hub in a small shock after loosing a king pin. I think it is time to think about an upgrade with longer 73 mm UJs (la-257) and modern wheels. Has anyone tried this? Does the wheelbase stay within 250mm?

Cheers,

Ubi

isobarik
17-02-2020, 12:35 AM
Nope arent they to long the 65,5 mm work fine in the front

I think its still possible to get wheels from Youre stockist otherwise there are alot of aftermarket wheels like jc and on ebay

Mvh iso

isobarik
17-02-2020, 11:59 AM
I think the 68 is also possible but after that i think it is shot
La 231/232
Mvh Iso
https://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/vintage-wheels/wheels/kyosho-5-spoke

Welshy40
18-02-2020, 08:34 PM
You can do this but wider hexes can do the same with narrower wheels

Crashtest33
24-02-2020, 02:44 PM
I want to run full Titanium hardware on my ZX-RS.
Ordered Ti hinge pins and turnbuckles from Lunsford Racing in the States.
Happy to order screws from them as well, but wondered if there was a European supplier who can beat them for price?
T-Works in Hong Kong seem reasonable too.

Welshy40
24-02-2020, 10:55 PM
I want to run full Titanium hardware on my ZX-RS.
Ordered Ti hinge pins and turnbuckles from Lunsford Racing in the States.
Happy to order screws from them as well, but wondered if there was a European supplier who can beat them for price?
T-Works in Hong Kong seem reasonable too.

If running those screws snap but bound to be a few who do. Have you looked on ebay or Amazon?

olefiloux
15-07-2020, 01:15 AM
1 cut, 1 to go

Hi guys. For which type of zx is it made for? Zx or R mk2?

Best regards.

isobarik
17-07-2020, 12:37 AM
Hi guys. For which type of zx is it made for? Zx or R mk2?

Best regards.

Zx and zxr , mk2 uses an shorter motor plate and needs other holes so

Mvh iso

beale
27-03-2021, 07:58 AM
Hi all, is it possible to build up ball diffs still? I've seen the pulleys, plates and rings at RW, Balls and thrust race should be easy enough,

isobarik
27-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Hi all, is it possible to build up ball diffs still? I've seen the pulleys, plates and rings at RW, Balls and thrust race should be easy enough,

it all comes down to the out drives there are other outdrives that ar right but have another number ,but they are also getting scarez.

i would do like this

buy new diff that requires 15*10 bearings then have them taken down the outdrives and fit 14*9 bearings since they are avaliable

otherwise use old diffs and machine them to RR diff specs, possible also but again an machenist is neaded

sorry for the bad spelling

mvh iso

beale
28-03-2021, 06:51 AM
Thank you, so when you say other diff for 15*10 bearing, are you thinking ZX5 or other?

isobarik
29-03-2021, 09:50 AM
Thank you, so when you say other diff for 15*10 bearing, are you thinking ZX5 or other?

nope ill guess that the optima rerelease diffs fit but have not measure them regarding the diffwasher , so thats why the guess.

well look at it like this way the diff/washer have to fit with in the pulley.
im 99,9 % certain they fit within the pulley but i have not tested them.

regarding the width of the diff im certain it fits since the optima mid diff is the same as the lazer diff.

The diff for the zx5 are way to wide but then again can be modified to fit if you are handy in the lathe

damn im kind of wanting to buy an rerelease diff now:woot:

beale
12-04-2021, 06:00 PM
I've looked into it and because the bearing is 14mm OD there isn't a bearing made 10mm ID, 14mm OD, the new optima gearbox moulding must of changed to take a 15mm bearing. Hopefully they re re the Mid and make a diff to suit or at least re make the hard to find parts. I managed to borrow a set of outdrives to copy so hopefully in the next week I'll be able to knock a few sets up.

isobarik
12-04-2021, 09:14 PM
I've looked into it and because the bearing is 14mm OD there isn't a bearing made 10mm ID, 14mm OD, the new optima gearbox moulding must of changed to take a 15mm bearing. Hopefully they re re the Mid and make a diff to suit or at least re make the hard to find parts. I managed to borrow a set of outdrives to copy so hopefully in the next week I'll be able to knock a few sets up.

yeah i know thats why i told you about the 14*9 bearings yeah since the modern use 15*10 bearings so if they make an re re mid they will use the same diffs ie 15*10 bearings, i would love kyosho if the rere the lazer it would be so fun

Welshy40
16-04-2021, 07:02 AM
Buy the rere difs but you need to machine the washers to fit the diff gear, ive got the diffs and havent got around to finding someone to machine or grind them down. I think after that they should fit into the zxr

isobarik
27-04-2021, 03:02 PM
Buy the rere difs but you need to machine the washers to fit the diff gear, ive got the diffs and havent got around to finding someone to machine or grind them down. I think after that they should fit into the zxr

well the bearing is wrong but otherwise ask pelle if you arent afraid ofm paying for shipping isnt it possible to enlarge the pulleys ??? or those the washer comes in the wrong place compared to the balls ???

Welshy40
01-05-2021, 11:17 AM
well the bearing is wrong but otherwise ask pelle if you arent afraid ofm paying for shipping isnt it possible to enlarge the pulleys ??? or those the washer comes in the wrong place compared to the balls ???

Meant the big diff rings