PDA

View Full Version : Oswestry 2wd Regional - OFFICIAL thread

Jonesy
26-06-2009, 10:55 PM
After the ups and downs in the previous thread (and the fact it's been locked) I have decided to start a new one, please keep this about the event, constructive critisism only please!

I'm looking forward to it and always seem to do well around Oz.

How many people are making the trip, I know there is a list on the Mid-West site but people always drop out!

Pitting inside the hall as per the new usual so should make for 'fun' banter throughout the day!

As mentioned in the previous thread we have took up and re-laid the hump coming on to the straight to make it more consistent as well as introduced an Astro-turf corner and took of the 'lip' from the table top! The only downside is the telegraph poll is still in the middle!! :lol:

We hope you enjoy the new features and any comments are welcome (after the event of course). I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow evening if I get chance

See you all Sunday

Jonesy
Team Oswestry Dogsbody and general bitch!

Jamie B4
26-06-2009, 11:11 PM
How is the weather looking??

IceMike
27-06-2009, 02:11 AM
anyone wanna rebuild my 2wd on sunday mornin?? i hate the car an really cant be bothered :p

jordi15
27-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Is the indoor pitting big enough for everyone?:eh?:

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 09:12 AM
How is the weather looking??

Look out the window Jamie you lazy..... :p

It looks like light showers throughout the day, very overcast but we should miss the worse of it!

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Is the indoor pitting big enough for everyone?:eh?:

Hi Jordi,

The indoor pitting is plenty big enough!! We're not talking about race control. We open up one of the halls, the one adjacent to the track and there is plenty of room, there was even enough room to play footie in there last year too!

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 09:14 AM
anyone wanna rebuild my 2wd on sunday mornin?? i hate the car an really cant be bothered :p

I will mate, you may not make the meeting though!

jordi15
27-06-2009, 12:38 PM
has anyone got a spare LiPo that they want to sell? ..... just plugged our one race meeting old Speed Passion pack into the charger only to find that 1 cell seems to have died!!:mad:

Not going to be anywhere near a shop now so this is our last hope!:cry:

IceMike
27-06-2009, 08:15 PM
bin told by the one an only team orange driver our own Mr jonesy that track looks good for 2m. as he says indoor pitting is available but plugs are not provided for charging so please bring something with you for this.

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for putting me as the bait if ppl dont like it!!!

Mike, you'll be Team Orange soon, admit it!

IceMike
27-06-2009, 08:49 PM
as i was writin that i was thinkin, how would my orange shell be, but i wouldnt have it just orange i love wot i have 2 much

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Pictures of track for tomorrow.........

Pic 1 - 7704

Pic 2 - 7705

Pic 3 - 7706

Pic 4 - 7703

neiloliver
27-06-2009, 09:11 PM
...You can just see me leaving... :bored:

Weather looks a bit mixed for tomorrow...

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=sy11

Should make it interesting.

N

Kopite
27-06-2009, 09:21 PM
that looks really good lads, fair do's.

It's chucking it down in the wezzie, i really hope that's not the case for tomorrow

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 09:26 PM
It's raining here too, considering I'm 2 mins from the Wezzie that's unsurprising!

I think we'll be fine tomorrow, if not it's Indoor football and forget about the racing

IceMike
27-06-2009, 09:26 PM
not rainin in chester where i am

Jonesy
27-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Cheers for the text Mike, can't be bothered replying. I agree with you though, should be a good day tomorrow :p

IceMike
27-06-2009, 09:29 PM
haha agreed :P

ashleyb4
27-06-2009, 10:09 PM
You guys shouldnt of left so early you missed me tripping over a wheelbarrow. :p:p

Yea track is looking good did a little more tidying after you guys went. Out some speakers in the hall so people know when there race is. Should be a good event. Lets hope for sun.

A

RogerM
28-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Hope this meeting is as good as Oz usually put on, gutted to have to miss it :(

strobe
28-06-2009, 04:55 PM
If Oz have had the same weather as Hereford there will be a few sun burnt Racers.:p Scorcher of a day:thumbsup:

matdodd
28-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Weather was spot on, Congrats to Stan on another TQ & win!

Jonesy
28-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks to everyone for the day, thought we manged to get through with only one or two minor issues..!!!

My best regional Points score from one meeting I think and the first time I'd ever led a Regional 'A' Final leg, shame I couldn't keep it! Good to be in conntention for the win going into the last leg, shame I was 9th after the first corner :lol: :lol:

Thanks to my fellow Oswestry colleagues for helping to put on a top event. The newly re-laid jump worked very well IMO, it certainly wasn't as random as we have had before!

Congrats to Stan on the win also, you are FIT :wub

ashleyb4
28-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Just got back form the track about an hour ago. I loved it so much i didnt want to leave. Ran the car around for half an hour or so and then took the track up and cut the grass then put soem feed and weed on to help it grow.

As for the racing had a reasonable day with a reasonable qualifying position. Wanted to be higher really. But winning the d was fun. I still think neil should of got second.

And well done for TQ and win stan. Also Tom Second leg that was awsome. Really loved your pass on doddy at the end of the straight. It was so close but so clean.

A

MikePimlott
28-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Really enjoyed the entire day.

great weather and great racing all makes for a good day :thumbsup:

Well done all involved.

and the results are up :thumbsup: spot on.

neiloliver
28-06-2009, 08:37 PM
and the results are up :thumbsup: spot on.

I was just going to say that.... :cry:

bigred5765
28-06-2009, 08:43 PM
what cars was stan driving??

Jonesy
28-06-2009, 08:47 PM
It was 2wd Carl, X6. Is that the right one?? I always get those X-Factory numbers mixed up!

bigred5765
28-06-2009, 08:49 PM
i think so mate,nice work stan

matdodd
28-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I think it finished

Stan
Yardy
Me
Jonesy
Robo

Stan was running his lightweight X6:)

bigred5765
28-06-2009, 09:15 PM
hmm light x6, are we back on the lite is right thing again

Ben Cosgrove
29-06-2009, 10:06 AM
I had great fun yesterday, nice to be finally racing in the A on my second attempt after BQ my first meeting......

Shame my servo saver was screwed up for most of qualy and a BIG Thanks to the Yardy clan for their assistance!

It was nice to have some close racing especially with Robbo in the second leg before I decided to test the slime 'off line' and then test the speed of the marshall lol

The track was really good too with a mix of surfaces and bumps. I'll be back :)

Kopite
29-06-2009, 11:20 AM
The behaviour of some of the racers on Sunday was a total disgrace. How anyone can have such a blatant lack of respect and sheer ignorance as to verbally insult referees (again, volunteers!!) with a barrage of 'F' words is beyond comprehension. To tell the ref to F off, then continue to tell that ref to F off etc before that ref was about to start his race, absolutely 100% deserves to be banned from the meeting, and possibly further meetings as a result. Jamie Banks, the way you behaved on Sunday (and to be honest, most meetings you’re at these days) was a complete embarrassment and a joke.. If you behave the way you have been recently, at the Euro’s, you’ll without doubt be knocked clean out by someone, and deservedly so.

I also am sick to death of some of the racers persistently screaming and shouting on the rostrum time after time without punishment. Are these people arrogant enough to not care that what they’re doing is almost certainly distracting fellow racers, and quite possibly ruining their race?

There were a number of v young children watching us at the weekend, what kind of message does it give out to their parents, if all they can hear is a bunch of immature spoilt brats mouthing off cos they’re not getting their own way? A great way to introduce/entice new blood to the hobby, well done!

However, I will end this post by thanking everyone involved in running the meeting on Sunday. You guys put in so much effort in preparing for/running the meeting, and I cannot praise you enough. Thanks guys, for putting all those voluntary hours in for us to race and have a great time. (This includes the Oswestry team, the volunteer referees for the day, and Yardy the regional rep. If it wasn’t for you guys, we wouldn’t be racing at all).

Stanners :)

stuartw
29-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion using the rules of Free Speech etc, lets not turn this into a personal slanging match please.
What happened yesterday was dealt with in a quiet & professional manner and that should be the end of it.

Oh, and Stan what about thanking me :cry:

Kopite
29-06-2009, 12:34 PM
sorry Stuart, I obviously include you in the praising. I didn't mean to not include you there. Please don't ban me

You're wrong though about the personal slanging, it's absolutely necessary in this case. The punishment did not fit the crime, not even close. This sort of thing keeps happening, from the same people. Whilst you guys decided that the punishment in this case was enough (and i respect your decisions, as it can't be easy), you can bet that the 10 second penalty imposed has only antagonised said villain, and further fuel his persistent stupidity and bullyish behaviour.

Swearing and abusive behaviour towards you officials has absolutely no place in this hobby/sport. You all must surely agree with me on that, and if you do, then the logical step is to send the culprits home.

What happens when footballers swear at referees? They get sent off!

Once they've gone, we can all enjoy a much nicer friendlier meeting.

Jamie B4
29-06-2009, 02:24 PM
No comment- as Stan (Sir) has his opinion but without being present -and again dont turn it into a slanging match when you just dont know.

matdodd
29-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Id also like to say well done and thanks to everyone who was involved with the regional on Sunday. The work done to the track made it much more enjoyable & I think most people had a good day.

I felt there were some issues with the layout & how the marshal points worked into it as there were sections that had little cover if you made a mistake which contributed to some of the shouting & frustration that I heard while refereeing.
To a degree its understandable but some people do seam to be going to far lately & for someone to abuse another racer who has given up his time between runs to ref ref is out of order:mad: Things can be said in the heat of the moment which you don't mean, but to then do the same thing again & threaten them is totally unacceptable.

I'm by no means perfect myself but after helping out with refereeing for the last few years at regionals I do wonder sometimes why we bother as you get no thanks and only hassle! Its hard to watch 10 cars at the same time & know who is in what position to try and help people get through traffic.
If anyone thinks they can do a better job & wants to have a go come see Yardy, Jones, Bish or me & I'm sure we can sort you a heat to ref!

Sunday has gone now, so lets just look forward to the next well run Midwest Regional
Mat

Kopite
29-06-2009, 02:38 PM
No comment- as Stan (Sir) has his opinion but without being present -and again dont turn it into a slanging match when you just dont know.

I know enough Jamie, you made sure of that with your gobbing off. I also know you came running to me telling lies about Tony trying to sh*t stir, which is another of your current favourite things to do. You also tried to get me to side with you after you verbally abused the ref, and when i didn't, you started abusing me.

How you can try and defend yourself is completely beyond my comprehension. The very least you should do is get on here and apologise to everyone you tried to bully, even the labrador that was clearly shocked at your behaviour.

Jamie B4
29-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Can someone just close this thread

cos its gone way out of hand.

Sorry

matdodd
29-06-2009, 02:55 PM
:o I cant help but feel it went way out of hand when you thretened to knock Phil out yesterday!

Kopite
29-06-2009, 03:03 PM
haha, scared of the truth eh.

what an idiot

Lee Martin
29-06-2009, 03:03 PM
I may have to start coming to watch this region! sounds fun! hahah

millzy
29-06-2009, 03:10 PM
i want to know where Stan learnt comprehension

what have you been reading

matdodd
29-06-2009, 03:15 PM
i want to know where Stan learnt comprehension

what have you been reading

He's more intelligent than you think mate:)

_sleigh_
29-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Although I wasn't able to attend yesterday's meeting, the events described in this thread just highlights why I am really starting to detest racing in the Mid-West region and to some degree at Nationals too.

There seems to be a lack of will from officials to punish those racers that blatently break rules, infact it seems that some officials actually go out of their way to help certain racers bend/break rules.

The world's gone mad!!!

millzy
29-06-2009, 03:20 PM
He's more intelligent than you think mate:)

i wouldnt go that far

njc11
29-06-2009, 03:28 PM
This has gone far to far...

Can i just say my piece folks...

It was Heat 3 Round 4 and Phil Channon was ref..

Through most of the day it was Jamie followed by me.. in every round.. the only time i ever heard phil say something was firstly in rd 3 at the end of the run.. both myself and jamie didnt pull over in the designated stop of... we stopped just before the table top... after phil " told us " to.. watching other heats some peole carried on further than us?? we werent in anyones way and we would have stopped nearer to the rostrum so i / we could pick our cars up to go to our marshall points.. we never said anything, just stopped..

Round 4 my best run 12 lapper... 8th in round.. my car was spot on... and was following jamie round he made an error and i got past him... he was still behind me, i got through to get my 12 lapper... but Stu called Jamie as finished... i then spoke up and said to jamie as i wanted to know he knew i was still finishing.... " im still racing mate " that was it.. Jamie wasnt causing me any probs other than being close to me.. we had been courtious (sp?) to each other all day... my bottle went and my lines after realising i was on for a 12 lapper went to pot at the end of the straight and following corner.. next thing Phil pipes up and i have to say it shocked me... the tone of voice he used towards jamie supprised me... and i remember saying to myself theres no need to be like that.. i think Phil may have said it twice in that manner in succession.. it is unacceptable what Jamie said (it wasnt the f word at all... it began with a W and was said once maybe twice.. no one was threatened just the obsenity that was it) but considering the manner from phil i have to say it didnt supprise me but again unacceptable from Jamie..

I felt awful as i then thought it was my fault that it all started.. If i hadnt said something to make sure i knew that jamie new i was still racing nothing would have been said??

I dont know what happened after the event.. but i did voice what i said above to stuart.. i understand totally what we talked about..

Ive only been back racing again since july last year.. and have known jamie a while.. and we all have good banter between myself, Hurley, Pimlott, Bradbury etc.. so what some people have commented about i cant say?!

Anyway thats my piece..

I have to say im looking forward to Stoke next weeknd track looks fab! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Nick

matdodd
29-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi Nick

If someone was asked to stop, then why not stop? Why just keep going? If your unsure if you have finished or not then I have always felt you should keep going & maybe ask the ref if they know if you have finished or not.
To just ignore an official when you know you have finished is out of order anyway!

As for no F word there was & unless you were stood near to Jamie when he was marshaling you may not of heard the F words or the threat!

Maybe we should go back to having no refs & people just doing what they want?

ashleyb4
29-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I think the car that got held up was mike elliot as he was being lapped and gt though for his 11th lap and was right behind jamie as he crossed the line and as jamie stopped mike ran into the back of him.

A

stuartw
29-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Lets put this thread to bed shall we?

An incident occurred, the Referee awarded a penalty, the penalty that the referee awarded was applied.
End of.

PLEASE.

andy05
29-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Is this the same jamie that called one of our mates a bad parent stan? hes setting a good example of how to be a good parent now eh. I wasnt there but know how he has been speaking to alot of his so called mates recently (people do talk you know jamie) and its bang out of order. Someone was going to have to say something sooner or later you need to have a word with yourself son

Kopite
29-06-2009, 06:07 PM
No Stuart, you can't put this to bed on the basis that a ten second penalty is good enough, as it's hardly an isolated incident.

This continued decline in respect to the officials is in no doubt causing a number of racers to consider turning their back on the mid west region, me definitely being one of them. I absolutely can't stand the atmosphere of some of the meetings this year, and it's the same people that cause it

It will only get worse and worse, until a more severe punishment is applied. Let's put a stop to this now, anyone that swears at an official, regardless of the reasons, is sent home there and then. If they want to act like children, then treat them that way

andy05
29-06-2009, 06:27 PM
It wouldnt happen(unpunished) at a national

njc11
29-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi Nick

If someone was asked to stop, then why not stop? Why just keep going? If your unsure if you have finished or not then I have always felt you should keep going & maybe ask the ref if they know if you have finished or not.
To just ignore an official when you know you have finished is out of order anyway!

As for no F word there was & unless you were stood near to Jamie when he was marshaling you may not of heard the F words or the threat!

Maybe we should go back to having no refs & people just doing what they want?

Understand what you are saying mate... but i was just telling you the events from the rostram.. what ever went on after the race from marshalling points or what ever i wasnt aware of..

I dont know whats gone on in the past.. so cant comment..

Myself and the other lads who all pit together wouldnt know as we never really hang around you guys... but as far as i was aware i thought all you lot were mates..

Sorry if ive rattled cages but thats as i saw it..

So whos going to stoke on sunday?

neiloliver
29-06-2009, 08:11 PM
There are 50 booked in so I should make the E....

millzy
29-06-2009, 08:54 PM
No Stuart, you can't put this to bed on the basis that a ten second penalty is good enough, as it's hardly an isolated incident.

This continued decline in respect to the officials is in no doubt causing a number of racers to consider turning their back on the mid west region, me definitely being one of them. I absolutely can't stand the atmosphere of some of the meetings this year, and it's the same people that cause it

It will only get worse and worse, until a more severe punishment is applied. Let's put a stop to this now, anyone that swears at an official, regardless of the reasons, is sent home there and then. If they want to act like children, then treat them that way

come race in wales Stan- bring that other X6 mid west famaily man with you- you know how much you loved tally

we dont swear by we do shag sheep- and most cant count to ten in let alone know what a 10second penalty is :):):):)

can I just point one thing out- all this is going on on an open forum......every one with an RC car and an oople account now knows what happend in the mid west on sunday- what ever view thats had and what ever the result its not good for the "sport" having a 3 page open thread about the issue

think it might have been best to have stoped 2 pages ago-

I love you all
wasnt there
just my 2p

have fun and remember micheal jackson

Stu
29-06-2009, 09:31 PM
remember micheal jackson

He was ace boss,

http://www.celebritybest.com/images/mugshotmichaeljackson1.jpg

ashleyb4
29-06-2009, 09:36 PM
You forgot stay in school and dont take drugs...

Ive been in a situation which im not proud of at all, i swore at a official and regreted 0.5 of a second later. After i left the meeting i cried all the way back to the campsite i was staying at as i was ashamed of what i had done.

A

come race in wales Stan- bring that other X6 mid west famaily man with you- you know how much you loved tally

we dont swear by we do shag sheep- and most cant count to ten in let alone know what a 10second penalty is :):):):)

can I just point one thing out- all this is going on on an open forum......every one with an RC car and an oople account now knows what happend in the mid west on sunday- what ever view thats had and what ever the result its not good for the "sport" having a 3 page open thread about the issue

think it might have been best to have stoped 2 pages ago-

I love you all
wasnt there
just my 2p

have fun and remember micheal jackson