PDA

View Full Version : fabix 2000

mr emily
27-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Hello

Does anyone have any information on a Fabix 2000. I know that it is a conversion of a cougar 2000 and have seen some photographs of one. Did it go well? There are two chassis available, long and short, Which to use?

Keith

dodgydiy
27-06-2009, 10:34 PM
i have one, good little car to drive, i find it really easy to drive and great fun, good handling but watch it if you nail the throttle a little hard, if the grips not there you'll be spinning in circles, if there is grip however, you'll be steaming round the track. ran mine on a 13 douible, only car i have used on tarmac that would make the tyres squeal!! mine is very short so i would guess it is the shorter version of the car.

Welshy40
28-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Sorry to say it but the car was just the same as the batteries he sold. Rubbish. The best result i managed was 57th at the southport grand prix with the prototype and that had quite a few of the best racers attend from the worlds so was a national in a way. The car was horrible and thats even with craig harris setup and he certainly knows how to set a 2wd up for grass.

dodgydiy
28-06-2009, 09:53 PM
agree totally on the batteries, they were pants, a couple of other people drove my fab2000, including craig, 4wd drivers hated it 2wd drivers liked it.

Welshy40
29-06-2009, 07:17 AM
agree totally on the batteries, they were pants, a couple of other people drove my fab2000, including craig, 4wd drivers hated it 2wd drivers liked it.

Craig didnt like it either, and as you know he is an exceptional 2wd racer. The batts were pants but you could still get the results if you kept it on full power and didnt crash. This buggy just wasnt right, but then a again what do you expect from a one man industry, hardly any development happened and that shows.

mr emily
29-06-2009, 11:06 PM
great comments, just need to get craig to give his two penny worth!!

Welshy40
30-06-2009, 07:55 AM
great comments, just need to get craig to give his two penny worth!!

I agree, still even though I didnt like the car Mike let me drive he still had the right idea. If he did some more testing properly I rekon he would have had a decent car.

dodgydiy
30-06-2009, 07:31 PM
have to admit mine isnt quite standard, has a few home made improvements. no substitute for lead weights behind the batteries on the chassis, makes it much more controllable, more anti squat, more toe in, stiffening of rear end on Chassis, less front kick up all helped. still couldnt handle a lot of power though which would be its failing now. also seemed nicer on the much hated by many sacs2 front suspension

jeroen206
02-07-2009, 04:22 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/JEROEN206/P1010333.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/JEROEN206/P1010332.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/JEROEN206/P1010335.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/JEROEN206/P1010336.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/JEROEN206/P1010338.jpg

Welshy40
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Is that a carbon fibre wing on your buggy? Where did you get that from? Fibre-lyte?

jeroen206
03-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Is that a carbon fibre wing on your buggy? Where did you get that from? Fibre-lyte?

Yes , that is a carbon fibre wing.
I got it from BORMAC when i got some Topcat Shell repro's made a couple
off years ago.
And the guy who made the repro's (Anthony) also made some carbon fibre Topcat wings.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=56255&id=15092

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/JEROEN206/PICT1042.jpg

cjm_2008
03-07-2009, 06:27 AM
agree totally on the batteries, they were pants

man... I saved my paper round and milk round money (that's right kids, between age 13-15 I used to get up at four, do a two hour milk round, then an hour long paper round, then go to school!) for four sets of those fabiix cells. then I managed to persuade my step dad to drive me to blackwood to pick them up.

no discount on four sets!

unfortunately, a few weeks later, I had a bit of a 'blow up' and destroyed the cells; I only had a mains charger, so I needed to charge up all the cells before leaving the house. I could walk to the club venue, so I packed the cells into my toolbox... with a steel hacksaw resting on top.

you can guess what happened at the first kerb... :lol:

Welshy40
03-07-2009, 07:31 AM
cjm_2008 - who are you?

You must know me as I went to Oakdale, Abergavenny, Cobra and the other Cardiff Club, as well as Newport and Caerwent.

Actually that rings a bell about the cells. Gutted.

DCM
03-07-2009, 08:01 AM
the 1400 SCR's were teh schnizzle, the other ones, erm.....

cjm_2008
03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
cjm_2008 - who are you?

You must know me as I went to Oakdale, Abergavenny, Cobra and the other Cardiff Club, as well as Newport and Caerwent.

Actually that rings a bell about the cells. Gutted.

I normally go by the name of craig macdonald :)

I used to race a tamiya madcap and a super astute in the early 90's at cobra, and the occasional round of the welsh - i remember an extremely muddy race at abergavenny where I managed to finish 3rd in the e final by getting a mate to change my batteries mid race :lol:

I was the typical 14 yr old racer who didn't really look after his gear and rarely finished a heat due to something becoming de-soldered or something.

the cell shorting happened on the way to rumney high school on a friday club night (I went to school there and arranged for the club to use the newly resurfaced sports annex).

I then made another 'comeback' in 2000, winning a round of the WRCA at a muddy caldicot in the 27t 2WD class, using matt summerhayes' fireblade, despite managing to lock the keys to my hire car in the boot. the RAC bloke turned up two mins before the start of the final and opened the boot with a clever inflatable bag, allowing me to get the car and transmitter; I then went up onto the rostrum and won the A. fairy tale stuff. I was using the astute rib/pin tyres on the front and they worked a treat.

Welshy40
03-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Hehehe class act.

Well my car was the Lazer ZXR with Tub carbon fibre chassis, never let me down and was built like a tank. I won quite a few events with that and is still the best car I have ever driven, maybe down to the fact that it hardly ever broke in ten years of running it.

I also did 2wd as well when I could be bothered and that was a B2 and had a Dragon draped across the shell. Great car on carpet.

I will be down to the Talywain event in September for 2wd for a giggle, are you still doing the Welsh league.

DCM - Yes 1400s were the best cell I used as well and as you probably already know I did an indoor season with them for a bet with Dave and Craig. I managed to finish third overall in the league so was quite happy with that for my power drinking car, and at one of the races I finished second and was quite happy with that even though Craig did pass me on the last lap to take the win. Still great fun as always.

dodgydiy
03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
now i remember a b2 with dragon on!! dont remember the driver tho. ever run it at teifyside?? 1400scr's were ace, still have two really old packs that still work ok too. remember a b2 with wil - e - coyote and roadrunner on it??

Welshy40
04-07-2009, 10:32 AM
now i remember a b2 with dragon on!! dont remember the driver tho. ever run it at teifyside?? 1400scr's were ace, still have two really old packs that still work ok too. remember a b2 with wil - e - coyote and roadrunner on it??

Rings a bell, but dont think we did a league at taly until after i left wales to work in london. Still i will be running my b4 down there in sept for some fun.

Still the fabiix in these pics above do look good, and now ive seen that wing its given me ideas for my 4wd which is cf crazy including the rear gearbox.

DCM
04-07-2009, 12:52 PM
James has done Teifyside... think he lost his wallet in the pond, I remember him egging people on, to chuck him in... well, I know he got chucked in the pond at some point lol :woot:

Welshy40
04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh was that the event - that was the event where Craig met Penny the evening before. God that was quite a weekend and there is apparantly a video out there somewhere of me being chucked in, it was not a nice pond but was fun. Yup ran 2wd and 4wd there.

dodgydiy
05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
have seen a few end up in that pond, good memories there. bet you smelt really good after that bath, that green slime wasnt the nicest. wish my fab looked that good, mine is well used and abused

Welshy40
05-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Yup smelt great. I was helped afterwards tho by a top bloke who helped me out with some clothes and water to clean myself up. Still did rather well at the event and had some fun.

You can rebuild, if you want any flat bit remade sent to fibrelyte and they can make it and schumie still do spares so get busy and make it new again. If you keep it in almost new condition all the time you will never hsve this problem.

dodgydiy
24-07-2009, 09:28 PM
i have a small cnc cutter which does carbon quite well, if i get enough time to sit down and set the thing up, so flat bits no problem, one day......

stulec52
16-08-2009, 05:48 AM
I had one of these when they came out.
Mine worked great !
Mind you the local track was mostly astroturf, so lots of grip.
I even ran mine converted to 235mm touring car, and in the dry it was fantastic !

I sold it a long time ago though, as I'm sure most of us did when we needed to help finance the next car. But, I was lucky enough this week to get a chance to buy back my old car, so it's on the way back to me and will fit in well with my other Schumacher cars !

BORMAC
17-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I like the idea behind the Fabix car but it does look a little under done. If any one needs Cougar2000 spares i have heaps of the original 2000, XPC and 95 bits nip and good condition loose.:)

stulec52
18-08-2009, 01:05 AM
I am hoping, that when I get mine back I can refine it a little bit, maybe even improve to the point where I can race it.
We have a cool new local electric only club, mostly about fun over win at all cost, so I can go test it out there.

Stu