PDA

View Full Version : motor plates

01-07-2009, 07:57 PM
may seem a stupid question but anyway...

still fixing the big wig, putting the technigold in & noticed i'm missing the motor plate. Looked around on the net to buy one and was thinking, surely i can make one of these myself? any suggestions? what do you actually need one for?

http://www.tamiyabase.com/manuals/images/1200/58057_012.jpg

:)

Wacker1
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Mate,

The Motorplate for the Tamiya Bigwig is the same as the one thats on the Boomerang.
The Boomerang has recently been Re-released(I've just bought one:cool:), so you can now get the Motorplate quite easily.
Almost all of the Gearbox Parts are the same on the Bigwig & Boomerang, but Tamiya has Changed many of the Part Numbers on their Re-released Kits, so its made it alittle confusing for People, who want replacement Bits for their original Models.
The NEW Part Number for the Motorplate is 4305125, which Costs around £1.25 from your Local Tamiya Dealer.........at that Price, its hardly worth trying to make one! Eventhough it looks like that its only made of thin Cardboard.

02-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi Mate,

The Motorplate for the Tamiya Bigwig is the same as the one thats on the Boomerang.
The Boomerang has recently been Re-released(I've just bought one:cool:), so you can now get the Motorplate quite easily.
Almost all of the Gearbox Parts are the same on the Bigwig & Boomerang, but Tamiya has Changed many of the Part Numbers on their Re-released Kits, so its made it alittle confusing for People, who want replacement Bits for their original Models.
The NEW Part Number for the Motorplate is 4305125, which Costs around £1.25 from your Local Tamiya Dealer.........at that Price, its hardly worth trying to make one! Eventhough it looks like that its only made of thin Cardboard.

Hey,

Yeah, i thought too that it was only thin cardboard, needed some screws so bought them & the motor mount at the same time to save on delivery costs!

:)

lets see pics of your Boomerang! I'm waiting for my Porsche Black to arrive frm Japan :D cant wait, will post pics asap!