PDA

View Full Version : X11

Chequered Flag Racing
06-03-2007, 09:26 AM
are any of the new parts going to retro fit the X10 Scott?

Dirt-Racer
23-04-2007, 01:11 AM
As far as i know. You can upgrade your X10 to a full blown X11, the difference between the two cars are further enhancements otherwise you'll be forgiven to think their identicle. There are pics on this forum of the latest x11 (if im not mistaken)

big_boss
23-04-2007, 04:52 AM
That's not an X11, It's an X10 fitted with a few parts from the yet unseen X11. tThe new car is due to be unveiled at the begining of next month.

Dirt-Racer
23-04-2007, 05:31 AM
That's not an X11, It's an X10 fitted with a few parts from the yet unseen X11. tThe new car is due to be unveiled at the begining of next month.

You seem to know more than any of the-pred.co.uk members?

What gave you the impression its a whole totally new car? :rolleyes:

alrg500
23-04-2007, 06:28 AM
There are no pictures yet of the new X11, the photos of Tom's car are his X10 with a few X11 upgrades.
The X10 apparently will be upgradeable to an X11,
The X11 is being classed as a new car due to the number of new parts, it will have a similar layout to the X10 or it would not be upgradeable.

tyreman
23-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Tom was running the X10 yesterday with a few new bit but it wasn't the completed X11

XTREME RC
23-04-2007, 07:19 PM
HI, JUST TO CLARIFY SOME POINTS:p . THE X11 IS A NEW CAR!:cool: . AND AS A BONUS YOU ARE ABLE TO UPGRADE THE X10, AS AND WHEN YOU WANT. PICS WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!

big_boss
23-04-2007, 07:20 PM
You seem to know more than any of the-pred.co.uk members?

What gave you the impression its a whole totally new car? :rolleyes:

Hello Dirt-racer
I don't know more than the other members, this info was in Yardy's report of the tiverton national, let me save some typing & time, this is what it said:
BRCA National Series 2007: rd 1, Tiverton, Race Diary. (http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=113.msg671#msg671)
« on: April 16, 2007, 02:26:08 PM »
http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/Themes/alienation/images/buttons/quote.gifQuote (http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=671;topic=113.0;num_re plies=2;sesc=55c75a4d3a66d3c42d47338f79adee2c)
That time of year again! After a long winter, changes within sponsors and increased anticipation at the imminent arrival of a new pred means that the new summer season is going to be an interesting 1. Myself and dad arrived at Tiverton's famous clay track at about 3pm on friday, there were a few eager looks into the boot of our car by folk trying to catch a glimpse of a new X11 but they would be dissapointed. The new car wasn't ready in time for the 1st national, but thats not to say that was a problem or in any way a let down. There was the possibility that an X11 may have been ready but it would have been my 1st go with the car, and a national meeting isnt the best place to try a new machine... So i was there with my trusty X10 but it had a few X11 proto parts fitted, .....

As to your second question, if the hinge pins are going to be 3MM (as advertised) than the chassis would have to be machined quite a bit, plus
the suspension arms would have to be a different molding altogether.
Even if the arms are machined to accept alloy pivot areas (added on to the existing arms) the cost would be very high & accuracy not guaranteed, molding would be cheaper in the long run.
If you take all these factors into account you will come to this conclusion:
It would not be cheap to convert an X-10 into an X-11, in fact I think the price of the conversion kit would put people off. buying a new kit would make more sense to most X-10 owners after selling the older car to make up the bulk of the funds needed to buy the new one(this is of course only my opinion, mind).
The answer to your second question, well, XtremeRC have advertised it will be a new car, they even broke it down to what will be new on it.
All written above is my opinion and my own reasoning of things to come, and thats all it is.
I hope it cleared a few things up for you Dirt-Racer.

OOps loks like Lewis beat me to it.

Chequered Flag Racing
23-04-2007, 07:26 PM
AND AS A BONUS YOU ARE ABLE TO UPGRADE THE X10,

:)

will all the parts be available as a kit to upgrade the 10 to 11?

Dirt-Racer
23-04-2007, 11:05 PM
bigboss, thanks for the long essay. But it doesnt specifically answer the gentlesmans question. He asked if and whether its upgradable or not, i gave him the answer, period. If he wanted to an opinion then im sure he would've asked it.

Some people may have limited funds and so the next best option would be to upgrades with funds permit no?

big_boss
24-04-2007, 07:11 AM
You're welcome. I believe Chequred- flag got his answer from you, so I didn't answer him.
Next best option... yes, you're right.