PDA

View Full Version : servo's

telboy
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Anyone tried any cirrus servo's? speed seems ok and torque seems fine.

wot would people generally used for 4wd off rd? 7kg, 8? or higher?

tyreman
10-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Anyone tried any cirrus servo's? speed seems ok and torque seems fine.

wot would people generally used for 4wd off rd? 7kg, 8? or higher?

Most of the popular 6v KO, Airtronics/Sanwa servos are 8kg torque you really dont need any more than this.

If your after a servo I'm selling an Airtronics 94360 6v servo which has the blue heatsink on has metal gears, 8kg torque and speed is 0.07, they retail for £130 asking £60 posted.

ashleyb4
10-03-2007, 09:59 PM
The blue bird servo's are good i have onewhich cost me 25 quid speed is .10 it has metal gears and it has quiet alot of torque but im not sure of the exsact figure without the box and that is in the garage i have the615 excelent servo.

A

Col
11-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Bite the bullet Tel! I've made the mistake of buying cheap servo's in the past. It's a false economy as they wear out/break real easy in comparison to more expensive servo's. I recently changed to a KO2123 which I love, but for the money I'd be thinking about taking Bri (tyreman) up on his offer...

AndyM
11-03-2007, 10:59 AM
KO servos are awesome,

had then for a couple of years now, and never broken at all. [even with my bad driving :o ]
my old servo woz fantastic...:

KO 2123 0.06 sec 9.5 kg torque. Metal Gears. its for sale if your interested £60 posted. :D

but, definately go for a KO servo

mattym0310
11-03-2007, 11:34 AM
hi, i also run a KO pds-2123 and i would say it is the best servo i have ever had. the only thing i dont like is the FET lead makes it hard to change between cars. these servos are expensive new and is best to buy a good condition second hand one as they are much cheaper. i believe that they are one of the fastest servos on the market with the amount of torque?

telboy
14-03-2007, 10:33 PM
ooh, I forgot I'd posted this. I bought the cirrus anyway if its no good then I can always used for t.c. racing. made by ripmax.
its spec are

metal geared
speed is 0.16 @6v
tourque is 7.5kg @6v

sound about right for starters.?
I'v never been a fan of super fast servos, i'm not quick enough to cope:D

MikePimlott
14-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Cirrus servos are bluebird servos badged up :confused: , I think the cirrus 702MG (metal Gear) is the high speed one which has a decent torque rating 6KG/CM. and @ 6V .08s 60degrees pretty fast. i use this and have had no probs.

stefke
19-03-2007, 03:47 PM
In my view there are 3 quality levells in servo's :

Really cheap but short livespan, noisy and not so precise like the Bluebirds
Average quality like Hitec's
Top quality : KO and Sanwa/Airtronics

If I can spare the ££, I choose Sanwa's (or Airtronics in the US). They are top quality and they do not have that annoying Fet lead. :rolleyes: And they last for ages.

sosidge
19-03-2007, 04:20 PM
A local racer has/had one of the Cirrus metal gear servos in his XRAY tourer. The Futaba servo horn is/was a dreadful fit on the output gear, the servo also has a really tight feel to it as you turn it by hand, which seems common on low-cost high-torque servos.

Now I don't know whether the fit is an XRAY or a Cirrus issue but I wasn't that impressed.