PDA

View Full Version : Mamba Max interference

Alfonzo
11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
I've just got my Mamba Max BL system up and running. Plenty of power, but also plenty of gliches, some of them pretty brutal :D :o Radio range ain't great either - any top tips on sorting this out? I'm running KO 40MHz gear which never suffered any problems whatsoever with my old brushed setup. Any advice appreciated is the car is pretty much undrivable right now..

DCM
11-03-2007, 10:03 AM
have you tried the Castle Creations site forhelp?

Alfonzo
11-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes, there's a lot of talk about careful routing of ariel wire, etc. which I've tried. One thing I could do is shorten the motor wires, that might help..

DCM
11-03-2007, 10:43 AM
can you post a pic of your instal, it might be easier for us to help you out then.

Jony
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I had very bad interference and glitching problems with my MM until I fitted a capacitor to smooth the voltage at the receiver.

I wrote down how to make one in another post http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23715#post23715 if you're intersted.

Alfonzo
11-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I'll try shortening the motor wires first, that might do it. If no luck, I'll stick a photo up for your opinions. The capacitor idea sounds interesting, which socket would I plug it into in the receiver? The one marked 'B' I assume, or have I missed the point :) ?

I really don't want to have to buy 2.4 GHz gear. On that subject, do you know whether you can buy Ghz modules to fit into the KO Esprit Vantage II stick transmitter?

Cheers guys

Jony
11-03-2007, 08:19 PM
The capacitor idea sounds interesting, which socket would I plug it into in the receiver? The one marked 'B' I assume, or have I missed the point :) ?

Any socket should work unless your receiver is prehistoric. The one marked B is probably where the battery would go if your weren't using BEC - that would be just fine.

Steven Matthews
11-03-2007, 08:53 PM
iv not had any problems running my 5700 combo, your best bet would be to go read this forum and make a post if needed, http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136426

maybe try using a different servo or receiver if you have access to any others

Alfonzo
14-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Quick update - I shortened the wires and it appears to have made all the difference, good result! Worth bearing in mind..

Cheers guys

Al