PDA

View Full Version : Bj4 WE

cmgreen
22-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Has any one thought of a tub chassis for the bj4 we? I got some carbon bits made from fibre-lyte and while talking to steve there, he said he can still make them but would be a good idea to have 6-7 people interested.

First things first, would a tub chassis make the car any better?

Wots people's thoughts?

colmo
22-07-2009, 09:23 AM
The reason to go for a tub chassis is to eliminate the need for a top deck. I'm thinking of the Predator here.

The problem would be that you'd need to leave half the top deck in place to provide some stability to the central bulkhead, rather defeating the purpose.

This idea would work better on the original BJ4, but there aren't many of those left, and I already have plenty of chassis for mine :)

cmgreen
23-07-2009, 06:59 AM
But wouldnt a tub chassis make the bj4 we better, less flex..........

Would like to here other people opinions.

peetbee
23-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Wouldn't you end up with something similar to the Atomic Carbon S4 if you did this?
I'm pretty sure you still need some bracing of the front and rear gearboxes due to the chassis sides needing to be done away with to allow the wishbones to attach!

colmo
23-07-2009, 10:45 AM
But wouldnt a tub chassis make the bj4 we better, less flex..........

I've noticed that a number of hop-ups for 4wd buggies are intended to increase flex - off the top of my head, Diggity Designs do a slim top deck for the B44, and Team Azurashi do thin topdecks for the 501X - something that has appeared in the 511X too.

Considering the venue I run mine at (wood floor = nearly zero traction), flex would be my friend :)

I suppose the trick is to have an easy means of stiffening or softening the chassis dependant on the surface, such as the XRay touring cars do.