PDA

View Full Version : Front Shock mod...

KyoshoK
14-03-2007, 10:49 AM
I know they already come out with longer front shocks shafts in the law34 kit, and also the la43 mod that was done also.

However I am going to try using rear shocks on the front - not that expensive, just buy a rear shock cylinder and rear shock shaft. Would cost about $15 all up.

This way i would have ample droop and be able to limit my droop as i wish.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks

sosidge
14-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Ample droop - but no uptravel.

KyoshoK
14-03-2007, 01:21 PM
thats why instead of just using longer shaft, use also longer outer body.

sosidge
14-03-2007, 02:04 PM
What I mean is that if you run the long body on the front end you will have no suspension compression over the bumps as the shock will bottom out long before the chassis does.

omen1975
14-03-2007, 03:12 PM
What I mean is that if you run the long body on the front end you will have no suspension compression over the bumps as the shock will bottom out long before the chassis does.

Hey, I have just installed the LAW34 kit and found the kit did not increase the height at the front (the arms are the same as standard), so I used these shock ends in the link below and cut 3mm off the ends and it raised the front about 5mm. It bottoms out the chassis before the shock but only just, I had to move the shock position on the tower and the arm to the inner hole. I have noticed that the kit raised the back of the car about 5mm or so which is good, but also noticed that the rear uni shafts are so very close to falling out of the outdrives at full height. I will find out if I have any trouble with them popping out at next race meet, but should be an easy fix if I do.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXWZ65

Hope this helps
omen1975

SimonW
15-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Buy yourself some yokomo BX front shock shafts and make sure you get the Ti coated ones (gold) they are longer shafts so, you end up with more front droop and the piston still does not top out in the body on full compression and, best of all they're gold.