PDA

View Full Version : DIYers alert

SCOTT DICKINSON
15-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Hello diy car makers:)
thught id let you know about a fantastic company that supply materials (eg.carbon twill/kevlar/resins/you name it )
ive contacted them regards materials and they were unbelievably helpfull taking time to understand what i was trying to acheive and guiding me through processes in which to acheive them, at the best possible prices!

i just was taken with how helpfull they were and thought all you car builders could also find them helpfull and need know about them
and there prices are very good

heres the link
www.resin-supplies.co.uk
cheers

SCOTT DICKINSON
15-03-2007, 10:18 PM
There is also another company i regulary use for t6 ali and delrin
they are called ringwood presision engineering and can be found on EBAY if you type in delrin into the search and then scan through the delrin stuff.......they sell 9mm thick peices of black shiny delrin that are about 200mmlong and 80mm wide. 50 peices for £30
and are perfect for making wishbones/gearbox casings etc
you see delrin is easy to cut/machine and you just wet flat it after to get a very professional finish......you can make anything quite easyly/quickly
and best of all it can be used on the track as its quite tough(not quite as carbon)
alot of manufacturers make there prototypes from delrin and test them on the track before expensive tooling
hope this is helpfull
:confused: hope this was ok Jimmy
trying to be helpfull not advertise!
cheers
Scott

jimmy
15-03-2007, 10:21 PM
no this is cool scott.. I think I have used the second guys before also, i got some of that delrin off them for my own project (ok, I did that ages ago and still made no progress, haha)

dave g
15-03-2007, 10:31 PM
yep ive had tons of stuff off roy at ringwood engineering,used to get all my alloy,delrin,nylon and tufnol off him,good bloke too.

dave

SCOTT DICKINSON
15-03-2007, 10:56 PM
:) Yes Roy is a good bloke ive been using them for 2 years now
and still have only made a large pile of delrin/carbon dust...haha
not trying to teach people how to suck eggs

just thought the information for newbie modders would be thought inspiring and helpfull
and you never know we might have lots of new companys and rc exotica!
hope so

OldTimer
15-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Nice one scott, ABL Stevens prices seem pretty good ;)