PDA

View Full Version : 2009 BRCA Micro National Entries - Now open!!

c0sie
01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Entries for the 2009 BRCA Micro National Series are now open!

There are two ways to enter the 2009 BRCA Micro National Series; you can either print an entry form and post a cheque to the Section Secretary Ben Clifton, or fill in the entry form and email it to Ben with Paypal payment.

For more details and to download the entry forms please goto www.brcamicro.org (http://www.brcamicro.org/htm/online.htm)

If you have any problems or questions please email the Section Secretary:
ben.clifton@brcamicro.org

Cris Oxley
Micro Section Chairman & PRO

c0sie
09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Can I expect to see many of you oOple-ites at the Micro Nationals this season?

c0sie
09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
3.5 weeks till Round 1 of the Micro Nationals!!

Entry list can be seen at www.brcamicro.org

How many people reading this are still yet to send an entry in?

Cris :)

IceMike
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
this might be an amazinly silly question, but are there battery lists and things like there are for 1/10th nationals that you would have to follow?? not really looked or heard of and rules. only just gettin into 1/18th

c0sie
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
No such thing as a silly question apparently :)

We have a rule that states the maximum diameter of the can of the motors, and some wheel measurement rules in 2wd and overall dimensional rules but otherwise that is its fella.

No battery lists for us :)

You can find the 2009 Rules on the brcamicro.org website if you fancy having a flick through :)

IceMike
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
looks exciting, i havent had a chance to measure my car, but it is standard so i wouldnt have thought it would be anything funny. ooo i just wanna check the dates then ill get my entry's in :P

Skidrow
11-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Hello there,
Seems all exciting and hope to be able to visit and race with you in an upcoming meeting.A couple of questions:

-Why is FWD banned from 2wd?A lot of people believe it was a wrong thing to ban them from 10th scale IFMAR competitions.I think it would make the class a lot more interesting to have them in with rear wheel drive cars.Creativity-wise it would be very interesting also to see what people could come up with
-Why is it not allowed to use foam touring car wheels and tires in 2wd as is the case in 4wd?These days it seems a lot easier to find such tires/wheels in a variety of hardnesses and really affordable prices.

IceMike
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
well i can answer the fwd question, its cos the fwd cars are at a total advantage to rwd cars. as they can drag the car through the corner rather than having to push it through. the extra weight on the front would also help with handling. and would also wear through the front tires alot more adding to the overall cost

Jonesy
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
looks exciting, i havent had a chance to measure my car, but it is standard so i wouldnt have thought it would be anything funny. ooo i just wanna check the dates then ill get my entry's in :P

1/10th practise?? :p

IceMike
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
yes jonesy 1/10th comes first u know that

c0sie
11-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello there,
Seems all exciting and hope to be able to visit and race with you in an upcoming meeting.A couple of questions:

-Why is FWD banned from 2wd?A lot of people believe it was a wrong thing to ban them from 10th scale IFMAR competitions.I think it would make the class a lot more interesting to have them in with rear wheel drive cars.Creativity-wise it would be very interesting also to see what people could come up with
-Why is it not allowed to use foam touring car wheels and tires in 2wd as is the case in 4wd?These days it seems a lot easier to find such tires/wheels in a variety of hardnesses and really affordable prices.

Hey,

1: There have been no FWD 2WD cars (1/18th scale) ever released, and its been a struggle to get enough RWD 2WD cars to enter that class as it is!
2: Im not 100% sure as to the reasons why foams were banned if on micro wheels. Part of the reason that foams were banned in 2WD was because people were taking the LRP Shark/FTX Blaze, running it as 2WD with 1/10th TC foams and whooping everyones arse. It wa deemed by many to be "not within the spirit of the class" hence why big wheels have been banned. As for an overall ban, I am not sure but I will ask :)

Skidrow
11-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Cosie,
Nice to hear from you.

Somebody was thinking of making a FWD car in that forum some time ago.Why not allow this?Wouldn't there be more cars racing if you allowed it?Wouldn't it be more interesting from a technological standpoint?Micros are the best class for creativity especially in that kind of economy.So why ban them?If somebody made one would the rules be reconsidered?
Again what is the problem of having FTX Blazes without their front drives racing in the 2wd class?Isn't it like banning a B44 without its front diff from running in 2wd 1/10 off road races?Wouldn't it save a lot of money to race more or less in both categories?Wouldn't it raise the number of entries?
If somebody wants to race both categories as it many times happens in 1/10?Will he/she need even more tires/wheels etc?Isn't this less cost effective?And what stops somebody with a Mini T based 2wd use adaptors for touring car wheels if needed?

Congratulations for all the efforts of people in organising the BRCA micro nats.It should be a great year for the micros in the UK!

c0sie
12-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Man, thats alot of questions..but here we go..

1: Who? I have never seen talk of a FWD 2WD in the UK Micro forum? Its currently not allowed because our rules are all designed around rWD 2WD's, and bearing in mind that we have only been around for a few years we have had to look around at other classes for inspiration. Would it be more interesting from a technological standpoint? I doubt it. If I said to PW and the rest of the 10th offroad Committee that I wanted to run a B44 with the REAR driveshafts removed, in the 2WD class I doubt that they would agree that a change of rules is required, or that I was going to lead a revolution within offroad RC :)

2: The reason that there is an issue is because of the various size differences between micros. Within reason ALL 10th offroad cars are the same size. Atleast all 2WD's and all 4WD's are the same anyways. If you put a 1/18th scale FTX Blaze/LRP Shark/LRP Shark ST next to an RC18T or Mini-T there is a huge difference in size. The Mini-T and ZT2 are the main 2WD cars in the series and therefore our rules (as decided by the racers) are orientated towards them.

Ill answer the rest later..my brain hurts :)

PS: Read the Micro rules. That will answer afew of the other questions.
Cosie,
Nice to hear from you.

Somebody was thinking of making a FWD car in that forum some time ago.Why not allow this?Wouldn't there be more cars racing if you allowed it?Wouldn't it be more interesting from a technological standpoint?Micros are the best class for creativity especially in that kind of economy.So why ban them?If somebody made one would the rules be reconsidered?
Again what is the problem of having FTX Blazes without their front drives racing in the 2wd class?Isn't it like banning a B44 without its front diff from running in 2wd 1/10 off road races?Wouldn't it save a lot of money to race more or less in both categories?Wouldn't it raise the number of entries?
If somebody wants to race both categories as it many times happens in 1/10?Will he/she need even more tires/wheels etc?Isn't this less cost effective?And what stops somebody with a Mini T based 2wd use adaptors for touring car wheels if needed?

Congratulations for all the efforts of people in organising the BRCA micro nats.It should be a great year for the micros in the UK!

c0sie
16-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Updated entry list can be found at the bottom of:

http://www.brcamicro.org/htm/online.htm

Noticable names on that list include KRob, the Bish, and me (of course :woot:)

Entries close soon, so get them in asap :)

Belsten
16-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Cosie,
Nice to hear from you.

Were you making a FWD 1/18th mate ?
Would be really interested to see it although I dont race in that class myself, yet;)

Skidrow
19-09-2009, 05:41 AM
Ok here is the thread about the person interested in making a FWD 1/18 buggy.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11219

My first FWD buggy was a custom build based on Kyosho Triumph & Ultima parts.The motor hangs in front of the front axle and has double wishbones all around.On power it understeers a lot ,but I swear,not matter what I did ,no matter what tires it had on the back,it never oversteered itself out of control.Very predictable.Very different than a conventional 2wd.
I work now on a machine in the veins of the Ryuz with trailing arms in the rear.It uses the B4 transmission but all else is custom with big trailing arms in the rear.Wheelbase and trailing arm length is what I am playing with at the moment.I will possibly bring it to a future event for those interested in having one.
In 1/18 we are making the shock absorbers for the car this month.It is very impressive and 100% made by us(diff,suspension,everything...).I was bummed to find out about the regulation excluding them from 2wd as it was not there last year

GRIFF55
19-09-2009, 09:46 AM
although I dont race in that class myself, yet;)[/quote]

Ha ha, i can get you back then!!! homo!:p