PDA

View Full Version : How to get an 'F' grade...

loose
18-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi, couple more newbie questions I'm afraid.

Me and a couple of mates have now joined York club after a few weeks introduction to racing. I believe we're also now associate members of the BRCA and we're pretty keen to get into racing as much as possibe this year. Whats the best way to get into it? Which events will we need to be looking at and will we need an 'F' rating? If so how do we get one or are we automatically allocated F5.

I know most of you on here are pretty experienced, but if you can cast your addled brains back to how to get started......;)

Cheers. :)

ashleyb4
18-03-2007, 09:39 PM
You are automatically f5.

A

PaulRotheram
18-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey up,

If you are racing at york for club meetings, then ideally you'd be best to go to the outdoor North East regionals, which are ran over various clubs (their calander should be announced soon).

You start off as an F5, and work your way to a different grade depending upon where you finish overall.

F1 grade can only be given at nationals, so the highest you can obtain is an F2 at regionals.

loose
19-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Ah right, I see. Whats the score for numbers at the regional, and problem registering or can they usually accomodate everyone who wants to race.

Do they look at your rating after every meet or at the end of the season? Not that I can see myself getting higher, just worried in case they have to invent a F6 grade. ;)

Col
19-03-2007, 04:20 PM
F grades are changed (or not) at the end of the outdoor season. North East regionals are becoming heavily subscribed (even with reserves at the end of last year!) so get booked in as early as possible. Here is a link to the booking in site: http://www.brca-northeast.net You will need to e-mail Brian Hopps to get your log in set up and then follow distructions to disable cookies. This will allow the site to work. Good luck Loose - I made F4 last year narrowly missing F3, so that's my aim for next year;)

loose
19-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Nice one guys, cheers for the advice and links. We'll get on it asap. Bring on the new F6 rating invented after the season just for us! ;)

notlawnomis
19-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Just so you know the offical dates have not been released for this years outdoor regionals, but will be out shortly!!